I do think cox was our best chance at gold at that weight, and atleast deserved a chance, but this is a bit much. Cox was still going to be as much of an underdog as Snyder is. Cael and crew showed elite level adjusting from big tens to ncaas, let's hope they can do the same on the world stage.

Just now, Drew87 said:

Jden Cox olympic odds have reached gamestop levels, time to squeeze the short...

Squeeze it. Sad is 3/1 right now internationally. I’d love to get with Drew. Do you have the balls to take it ?

On 4/4/2021 at 12:07 AM, MadMardigain said:

I mean you have read the last 24hours of posts.  Sure sounds like it’s HS girl drama.  

x

Edited by TFBJR
clean up

Agreed.  I'll head to Baskin Robbins and get the skinny.  

Um, he missed weigh ins. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Jden pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the Mizzou may be missing is that he is poisoning the goodwill others have for Cox.  Slowly but surely people are going to become more against Cox’s side of things.  They will begin posting negative things about Cox just to annoy Mizzou guy.  Just like team A fans post things to piss off team B fans.  Already seeing it above.

The advocacy for J’Den, done in a stupid, immature, obnoxious, and whiny way just works to make people dislike the J’Den side of things.

kinda pisses me off because I like J’Den a lot.  

Now, it could be that this is all being done expressly for that purpose.  If so, he is an even bigger schmuck.  J’Den is too good a guy to have people trying to get people against him.   

2 minutes ago, nom said:

What the Mizzou may be missing is that he is poisoning the goodwill others have for Cox.  Slowly but surely people are going to become more against Cox’s side of things.  They will begin posting negative things about Cox just to annoy Mizzou guy.  Just like team A fans post things to piss off team B fans.  Already seeing it above.

The advocacy for J’Den, done in a stupid, immature, obnoxious, and whiny way just works to make people dislike the J’Den side of things.

kinda pisses me off because I like J’Den a lot.  

Now, it could be that this is all being done expressly for that purpose.  If so, he is an even bigger schmuck.  J’Den is too good a guy to have people trying to get people against him.   

Very much agree with this. My first reaction when I heard the news was that I really felt bad for the guy, with the information we have so far now it does seem unlikely that he has sufficient grounds for a successful appeal but let's see what happens, if there is anything we don't know that could actually help his case. It just seems like a massive **** up which is awful given the magnitude of the repercussions, he made weight too late which is mad.

Now if I was one of these exhibition type promoters who made matches like JB VS DT and Dake vs Chamizio etc, I would be offering a very attractive cannot say no to offer to Snyder and Cox for a exhibition match in the next 2 months. That would really turns head and make things very interesting.

Also on US medal chances. My personal opinion is that Dake is favourite for gold at 74kg, but almost certainly will medal. I think Taylor gets bested by Yazdani this time around but will still get bronze or silver. Snyder again I doubt gets gold but will likely medal. And I know there is massive hype on Gable but I don't see him getting gold, but maybe could medal? 57kg and 65kg I doubt any joy will be there.

So still would not be a bad showing. Almost 3 certain medalists.

Dude... based on the information we have.. it sucks.. but Cox missed weight... I was the first to say let’s wait until there is more info because the situation seemed “off”. Hell I even criticized the people being the harshest immediately without all the facts... 

You are taking it way too far

Has Missourigrad awoken from his drunken stupor to find out that last night he liquidated assets to bet obscene amounts of money betting against Snyder because he was pissed off about Cox? I not, someone let me know when that happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only asterisk will be by J'Den's name not the team.  It is the dumb-a$$ mistake asterisk.  By no means the first . A cautionary tale below for those not old enough to remember - 

During the 1972 Olympics in Munich, the American sprinters Eddie Hart, Rey Robinson and Robert Taylor were said to be watching what they thought was a television rerun of 100-meter qualifiers when they realized it was the live quarterfinal races going on without them. Hart and Robinson had tied the world record that year, but only Taylor made it to the starting line. He went on to finish second in the final to the Soviet Union’s Valery Borzov. The Americans’ coach, Stan Wright, said he had been given an outdated schedule. 

And the offenders were not awarded a special race to qualify. 

An aside - I'd like to be the first to note that J'Den liquifies assets every time he steps on the mat.

Edited by swoopdown

On 4/3/2021 at 11:18 PM, MizzouGrad said:

The 2021 team is the asterisk men’s freestyle team. 

Lets go Russia! Let’s go Iran! Kick the snot out of this 1B squad. 

I feel like this needs to be revisited. 1B?    Should I send you my Venmo?  

image.thumb.png.7240ae03bd722b9a0ae59b8e135c8e69.png

Edited by TFBJR
Accuracy