VakAttack

Did Cael order the Code Red at 86 kg?

Every crowded RTC has had shenanigans, iowa’s had some real doozies at 57kg. Maybe ancillary to the code red, did anyone else notice the new bunch of tape bo had on his knee in the second match?

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

If people are serious about this, how could Cael intimidate Bo to take a dive. He doesn't employ Bo, does he? Would he threaten him physically?

Bo wrestles for NLWC, so Cael kinda does employ him

OK, but Bo could quit and go to another RTC or go MMA, as many have said he wants to do anyway.

Maybe he goes to MMA, but I can't see him wrestling for another RTC.  Do you really think Taylor is going to try to make a second Olympic team in 2024 when he is 34 years old?

Just now, NJDan said:

OK, but Bo could quit and go to another RTC or go MMA, as many have said he wants to do anyway.

Maybe he has compromising photos, or maybe he left a duffel bag of cash in Bo's hotel room 

1 minute ago, ShakaAloha said:

Maybe he goes to MMA, but I can't see him wrestling for another RTC.  Do you really think Taylor is going to try to make a second Olympic team in 2024 when he is 34 years old?

I think he will and hope he does. He has the style to be effective at that age, although he will certainly lose a step.

I think we'll get more older competitors than other years because it's 3 years away and the RTCs pay them to keep wrestling. 

Just now, Jake Joe Mcbride said:

Always surprised by the DT hate.  Usually conducts himself very well, but apparently rubs people the wrong way.  I guess "good on another team" thing, but still a little weird. 

That's because of his actions and words. Taylor is a b!tch and has shown that more than ever on the senior domestic and global levels. He would kick my butt 576 ways six days a week and twice on Sundays, but that doesn't change the fact.

2 minutes ago, Jake Joe Mcbride said:

Always surprised by the DT hate.  Usually conducts himself very well, but apparently rubs people the wrong way.  I guess "good on another team" thing, but still a little weird. 

He conducts himself well when he is winning.  He is a poor loser.  See the rant on Twitter about J'Den Cox from 2017.

2 minutes ago, Jake Joe Mcbride said:

I guess he usually doesn't throw epic tantrums on the mat, storm off and later trash talk Cox for not winning gold at the Olympics. He comes off as cocky, trashy and generally unlikeable. Hope he wins gold for the USA, but personally would laugh if he went 0-1.

If people are serious about this, how could Cael intimidate Bo to take a dive. He doesn't employ Bo, does he? Would he threaten him physically?

This is nothing compared to the old stories about what used to happen in international tourneys during the round-robin & black mark era. Talk about back room deals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Perry said:

I guess he usually doesn't throw epic tantrums on the mat, storm off and later trash talk Cox for not winning gold at the Olympics. He comes off as cocky, trashy and generally unlikeable. Hope he wins gold for the USA, but personally would laugh if he went 0-1.

Also, tonite: It's not JUST that Bo stormed off. DT did not seek him out and congratulate him on a great tournament. That's odd, too.

5 minutes ago, Perry said:

If you feel that way about it, wouldn't you prefer he go 0-2?  In the spirit of,

"Hey, Woody Hayes, how come you went for 2 after a TD against Michigan when you were up by 40 points at the end of the game?" 

"Because they wouldn't let me go for 3."  

Also, tonite: It's not JUST that Bo stormed off. DT did not seek him out and congratulate him on a great tournament. That's odd, too.

DT may be the most self interested person in this tournament, I'm not surprised.

Carl: “Hey Bo, we know you’ve got that MMA thing lined up and this OTT performance will give some good publicity for that. But, you know, DT’s probably gonna stick with the wrestling thing through at least the 2024 cycle (and maybe 2028 in LA). It would be really great for the NLWC if you’d let DT get an Olympic medal to bounce back from that knee thing in 2019, and springboard into the next cycle. Thanks, Bo - we really appreciate it.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk