Beats Zain and Yanni , both convincingly to capture third!  He was on fire, very impressive.  As the announcer stated " if there was a ow for third place..."  ha ha.  

Could he be the future?

He had himself a day.
He beat 3 guys with 6 NCAA titles by a combined 38-14 in under 3 hours. 
Wood chopped. Water carried.
But, was man handled by JO.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

That was a different day. Get a calendar and a life.

Why is it in every thread that attempts to be positive there has to be a "yeah, but" guy?

Don’t take “but” guys seriously. 

4 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

Pretty crazy that just a few weeks ago it seemed like everyone had an asterisk next to Nick Lee’s NCAA title. Folkstyle or freestyle, it looked like Yianni had nothing for him. 

As a big Nick Lee fan I will say freestyle is different system to wrestle within especially when you consider the threat of match ending turns into the scenario. Sometimes the results only slightly carry over.  

4 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

As a big Nick Lee fan I will say freestyle is different system to wrestle within especially when you consider the threat of match ending turns into the scenario. Sometimes the results only slightly carry over.  

Doesn’t most people believe freestyle is Yianni’s better style?

7 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Disagree with this take. Yianni is even more dangerous in FS as a counter wrestler. The ease at which Lee a) got to Yianni’s legs and b) avoided the scramble leads me to believe it would have been less competitive if it had been a folk match. 

Do I also think Yianni will adjust his game plan and do better next time? Absolutely. 

Edited by SamStall365247

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Does Yianni go 141 next year to avenge the loss to Lee? 141 will be crazy if that’s the case. Rivera, Eierman, Lee and Yianni? Geez

Rivera said 133 next year.

That was a different day. Get a calendar and a life.
Why is it in every thread that attempts to be positive there has to be a "yeah, but" guy?
JO dominated Nick Lee in case you missed it!

Tattoos and all.

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

Yeah, but the backside of the OTT is chock full of dudes going through the motions. 

Yeah. Impressive for Lee, but also not really an indicator for future results.

2 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Does Yianni go 141 next year to avenge the loss to Lee? 141 will be crazy if that’s the case. Rivera, Eierman, Lee and Yianni? Geez

If JO qualifies the weight, I don’t think so. There’s a chance he medals and then the only way Yianni can be on the world team after the Olympics is if he goes up to 70 kg. I think he keeps that option open and goes 149. That’s the better weight for his freestyle career anyway. He needs more size and strength, not less, as it is. 

5 minutes ago, simple said:

Yeah. Impressive for Lee, but also not really an indicator for future results.

14 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Don't spoil the party with logic.

Nick Lee #3!

Since 2019 nick lee has completely dominated, Molinaro, McKee, Eierman, Zain and Yianni in freestyle( yianni also forfeited once to Lee in that time) and his only 2 loses are to JO who has like 8 years on nick lee ...I’d say Lee future is bright, especially considering all the guys listed above focus solely on Free and Lee has been training to be an ncaa champ and still handled all of them 

12 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

He may not make a team. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.  

My apologies for posing a speculative question on the internet. I have learned my lesson.