Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

Khetag Pliev (warning for squeamish people)

Don't know if anyone else noticed but this week Pliev was in an MMA fight and noticed his finger got torn off. The fight got stopped and they had to announce that it was missing and asked people to look for it. It ended up being lodged in his glove. Here's what it looked like. If you're squeamish, don't look obviously. 

1 minute ago, TripNSweep said:

I couldn't figure out why he didn't stick around and wrestle in college. Visa? No interest? Grades? 

I was always under impression he wanted to wrestle freestyle. I could be wrong. I know a couple of coaches from Cincinnati but the conversation about him was from a long time ago

52 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

The amazing thing is they apparently found it, reattached it, and, I hope, it's functional. Does anyone know if it is?

Story I read said he noticed in one round that his figure got pulled and went numb.  Then by the next round the gunfire had disappeared.  They stopped the match and went looking around for it.  Eventually it was discovered lodged in his glove.   They were able to take him to the hospital and reattach it.  I’m not sure how well it’s doing, but I’m guessing it will awhile before they know for sure how much function he will recover.  

On 4/4/2021 at 11:51 AM, jp157 said:

I was always under impression he wanted to wrestle freestyle. I could be wrong. I know a couple of coaches from Cincinnati but the conversation about him was from a long time ago

How did he end up there? I remember he skipped Fargo his senior year and went as an assistant coach because he didn't feel like it was a challenge. 

6 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

How did he end up there? I remember he skipped Fargo his senior year and went as an assistant coach because he didn't feel like it was a challenge. 

I was under the impression he was adopted. He went to a decent but by no means elite hs.

I remember watching this guy back in high school.... He destroyed elite guys with what seemed like little to no effort. I'm assuming he had grade issues or a lack of interest in competing in folkstyle... Would've been nice to see how he did against the NCAA guys. 

This quote from Pliev...

"In the second round, he caught my glove with one hand and held it," Pliev said. "I felt my finger snapped. He kept pulling my glove and my finger snapped. We kept fighting. When the second round was finished, I see my [bone] was out in the open. I wanted to keep fighting, because I felt like I had this guy. But the doctor saw that and stopped the fight."

On 4/7/2021 at 8:22 AM, backpack said:

I remember watching this guy back in high school.... He destroyed elite guys with what seemed like little to no effort. I'm assuming he had grade issues or a lack of interest in competing in folkstyle... Would've been nice to see how he did against the NCAA guys. 

He beat Kurt Backes at senior nationals I think.