There are people on this board who think that snyder can beat Gable or to be specific the college senior version of snyder can beat this version of Gable. They may have been talking about a folkstyle match but the point remains the same. He will not be seriously challenged domestically if he chooses to keep on wrestling after this year. 

Oh Okay. That is insanity. College Snyder beats freshman Gable in a close one. Sophomore Gable beats college Snyder in a close one. After that Gable just destroys him and everyone else in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, BTC said:

There are people on this board who think that snyder can beat Gable or to be specific the college senior version of snyder can beat this version of Gable. They may have been talking about a folkstyle match but the point remains the same. He will not be seriously challenged domestically if he chooses to keep on wrestling after this year. 

Who on here still believes that? Maybe before this season along with some ppl that thought Kerk and Mason were in the same tier as Gable, but still?

Edited by simple

I honestly am not sure that anyone coming up a weight could get Gable's leg off of the ground even if you tied his hands behind this back. We are talking about giving up >50 pounds against one of the best althletes in the World.

1 hour ago, Cradle1 said:

If by 125 you mean 125 lbs we’re in full agreement.

Nope.

You're telling me Cox doesn't make it a match with Bradley?  The same Bradley that only beat Macchiavello 2-1 when he bumped up to face him?  Give me a break.  Cox is the 2nd best p4p on the planet and is easily the fastest with the best defense at 125 if he goes 125.

He gives Gable his toughest match, perhaps even beating him.

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

Did he wrestle world level guys during that stint?  Did he get penalized for stepping out?  He can go full matador and it won't help him on a mat with Steveson.  That is not a knock on Cox, just an acknowledgement that one guy is more than 10% bigger than the other guy.  Weight classes exist for a reason.

Well he did dismantle Macchiavello every time they wrestled.  Bradley scraped by a 2-1 on Macchiavello when they wrestled.

Weight classes do exist for a reason.  Some wrestlers are elite enough it doesn't matter.  Burroughs at 86 against DT for example. 

Cox would be a factor at 125 had he enteres.  Sadulaev would win 125 if he entered 125. 

There are levels to this.

@nhs67 I get what you’re saying but the laws of physics still hold. If Gable adopted a strategy of shutting down and pressuring forward, there’s only so much dancing Cox could do before he’d be on shot clocks or pushed out. Little Kyle Dake got Cox once. Gable could spot Kyle 8 points and win every time. Nobody is saying Cox can’t hang as a wrestler. It’s precisely the opposite of a pound for pound discussion. It’d be a completely unfair match that Gable would win. Come on, man. Bradley, Macc, guys like that are not even close to Gable right now and are irrelevant to the discussion. 

Fools should be focusing on REAL questions, like can Steveson take on and defeat these two monsters: Taha Akgul and Geno Petriashvili. These two are the cream of the senior men's heavyweight division, and like Gable, they move like lightweights, with crisp, fast leg attacks, excellent scrambling skills, and motors that don't stop. They are also tall and strong, and they will have significant advantage with leverage over Steveson. I can't wait to see Gable against one of these two. 

10 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Well he did dismantle Macchiavello every time they wrestled.  Bradley scraped by a 2-1 on Macchiavello when they wrestled.

Weight classes do exist for a reason.  Some wrestlers are elite enough it doesn't matter.  Burroughs at 86 against DT for example. 

Cox would be a factor at 125 had he enteres.  Sadulaev would win 125 if he entered 125. 

Well if he beat Macchiavello then I take it back.  

13 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You inhabit the universe of the unreal. Sadulaev would get DESTROYED by both Taha Akgul and Geno Petriashvili. Cox would also get ragdolled. Please reference DT's statement to JB. "There are weight classes for a reason". Sadulaev is not a huge 97kg. wrestler. He transitioned from 86kg to 92kg, and lost to Snyder in his initial go at 97kg. Now look at Akgul and Petriashvili in the video I linked above. These men are huge! I believe that they both need to control their weight to make 125kg, and they are not overweight or chubby in the least. 

How is Mach even relevant here?

He got beaten by 86kg Bo Nickal, two straight, last year or the year before.

J’den is a great wrestler but let’s see something more than bronze at 86kg and gold at a non-Oly weight before we declare him one of the greatest wrestlers in the world. Literally anyone who has a gold or silver at an Olympic weight has a more impressive resume.

20 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You mean like when Sadulaev won 97 immediately after moving up?

Edited by simple

16 minutes ago, pa in taiwan said:

Fools should be focusing on REAL questions, like can Steveson take on and defeat these two monsters: Taha Akgul and Geno Petriashvili. These two are the cream of the senior men's heavyweight division, and like Gable, they move like lightweights, with crisp, fast leg attacks, excellent scrambling skills, and motors that don't stop. They are also tall and strong, and they will have significant advantage with leverage over Steveson. I can't wait to see Gable against one of these two. 

This is an awesome (and terrifying) video! thanks for sharing.

Edited by GoNotQuietly

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

I fully believe Cox would have been a factor at 125.

He is the 2nd best p4p wrestler on the planet.

Curious as to who you think is the best p4p wrestler on the planet.

1 hour ago, simple said:

Who on here still believes that? Maybe before this season along with some ppl that thought Kerk and Mason were in the same tier as Gable, but still?

It was discussed about a week ago.

Thanks for sharing that. This is why I think Gable is going to need multiple years of high level international competition before he will win Gold. We don’t have guys like this for him to practice with.

3 hours ago, simple said:

Nah this is right after NCAAs. Right after steveson manhandled Parris.. I'm pretty sure Mr @Plasmodium is of that opinion and I also remember seeing a few others.

6 minutes ago, Jose132 said:

Thanks for sharing that. This is why I think Gable is going to need multiple years of high level international competition before he will win Gold. We don’t have guys like this for him to practice with.

Taha and Geno don't have guys like Gable (or each other) to wrestle with.

Taha and Geno don't have guys like Gable (or each other) to wrestle with.

Fair point. I could be completely wrong. But like Gable needed a year to adjust from high school to college, I think he will need some time to adjust from college to International Gold. That’s not a knock on him. I hope he goes to Japan and dominates. I’m a fan.

18 minutes ago, SamStall365247 said:

Surprised to see the consensus is that Gable would easily pound Cox if needed. 

Ignorance runs amiss.  What else can be said?

He'll go back to 92kg and win the next three with ease and folks will still disrespect.