17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Ignorance runs amiss.  What else can be said?

He'll go back to 92kg and win the next three with ease and folks will still disrespect.

Says the guy who said Sadulaev would win 125 right now despite the fact that he couldn’t win 97 after moving up until he had almost two years to adjust. I’m as big of a fan as J’den as anyone. I think he’s better than Snyder and has a legit shot vs Sadulaev. It’s not disrespectful or delusional to say he wouldn’t beat one of the top guys in the world that has 40-50lbs on him. Especially since J’Den just moved up to 97kg himself.

If J’den goes back down to 92 he’ll win the next 3 world titles. Probably with relative ease. I think he’ll stay at 97, beat out Kyle, and go back and forth with Sadulaev though.

2 hours ago, simple said:

If J’den goes back down to 92 he’ll win the next 3 world titles. Probably with relative ease. I think he’ll stay at 97, beat out Kyle, and go back and forth with Sadulaev though.

Only if Snyder doesn’t medal in Tokyo. If he does, he is the automatic selection for the 2021 Worlds a couple of months after. Cox would then be forced to cut to 92 lg if he wants to make the World team this year. 

For next year and onward, I agree he will want to go 97 but I could see the coaches convincing him to be a patriot since having both Coc and Snyder in the lineup makes the best team. Maybe Snyder could cut down if Cox insist on 97 if Snyder fails to medal. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

14 hours ago, pa in taiwan said:

Fools should be focusing on REAL questions, like can Steveson take on and defeat these two monsters: Taha Akgul and Geno Petriashvili. These two are the cream of the senior men's heavyweight division, and like Gable, they move like lightweights, with crisp, fast leg attacks, excellent scrambling skills, and motors that don't stop. They are also tall and strong, and they will have significant advantage with leverage over Steveson. I can't wait to see Gable against one of these two. 

Thanks for posting this.  Both are a mountain to climb.

Akgul talks some mad smack.  I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth at about 1:40.

Edited by Plasmodium

12 hours ago, simple said:

Says the guy who said Sadulaev would win 125 right now despite the fact that he couldn’t win 97 after moving up until he had almost two years to adjust. I’m as big of a fan as J’den as anyone. I think he’s better than Snyder and has a legit shot vs Sadulaev. It’s not disrespectful or delusional to say he wouldn’t beat one of the top guys in the world that has 40-50lbs on him. Especially since J’Den just moved up to 97kg himself.

Your name says your mindset.  Can't argue with somebody who doesn't understand actual wrestling and how styles make matches.

10 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Only if Snyder doesn’t medal in Tokyo. If he does, he is the automatic selection for the 2021 Worlds a couple of months after. Cox would then be forced to cut to 92 lg if he wants to make the World team this year. 

For next year and onward, I agree he will want to go 97 but I could see the coaches convincing him to be a patriot since having both Coc and Snyder in the lineup makes the best team. Maybe Snyder could cut down if Cox insist on 97 if Snyder fails to medal. 

Snyder already said he'd have to change his lifestyle to go below 97 and that it wasn't in the books.  Obviously he said that with an alpha mindset of '97 is his, why would he go down' sort of mentality.

6 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

My thesis is simply that he can get pushed out and shot-clocked to death by a guy 40-50 lbs bigger. 

Yep.  By one quick enough to cut off the circle that's what I see.  Against a lead footed guy he can stay in bounds. 

I don't think Gable needs to score TDs on Cox when he can just walk forward in a low stance.  It would be a version of what Gillman did to Arujao.  Cox has the best lateral movement in the sport, but there is no way he stays in the center and engages enough.  He's a guy who had a hard time deciding between 86 and 97 for the olympics.  He's never competed above 92 at a high level.  125 is 72 lbs over the highest weight he's wrestled.  

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Your name says your mindset.  Can't argue with somebody who doesn't understand actual wrestling and how styles make matches.

That’s a really great logical evidence based succinct point you got there. Stereotypical ad hominem.

Edited by simple

26 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

People don't score on Cox when he doesn't want them to.  You think slower guys will be able to?  Give me a break.

Lmao at you telling other ppl they don’t understand wrestling and then calling Gable slower.

13 hours ago, SamStall365247 said:

Surprised to see the consensus is that Gable would easily pound Cox if needed. 

Ya kind of weird that people forget how good Cox has been. I wouldn't argue with someone if they say Gable wins but just not seeing Cox getting TF.

23 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Nope.

You're telling me Cox doesn't make it a match with Bradley?  The same Bradley that only beat Macchiavello 2-1 when he bumped up to face him?  Give me a break.  Cox is the 2nd best p4p on the planet and is easily the fastest with the best defense at 125 if he goes 125.

He gives Gable his toughest match, perhaps even beating him.

I don’t see any evidence that he is the second best pound for pound on the planet. The weight class he has competed in is full of guys with zero achievements at the world level at Olympic weights.  The guy that he beat to win his first world title was a complete joke, I think I could’ve give him a run in my prime not kidding.  Makoev who beat him at worlds is also a joke at the international level.  Karimi is decent but no world beater. Just Because you keep declaring your opinion as fact that he’s the second best p4p doesn’t make it true.  It’s a pretty thin rational that would put him ahead of yazdani and numerous others. Where are all of his big international wins?

Bradley is an also ran so I fail to see your point. Maybe he could take 3rd but he couldn’t touch gable. 

Edited by Cradle1

7 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Ya kind of weird that people forget how good Cox has been. I wouldn't argue with someone if they say Gable wins but just not seeing Cox getting TF.

Why couldn't you see Cox getting TF'd ?  Gable just Tf'd Gwiz who is a 2X World Bronze at 125Kgs.  I would easily pick Gwiz over Cox at this point and that is not an insult to Cox at all.  

55 minutes ago, fadzaev2 said:

BUT, who do you consider the best wrestler p4p on the planet....that's my question?!

Oh.  Kyle Dake or Sadulaev.  I believe all three of them are 1a, 1b, 1c and are interchangeable depending on the tournament/time of year.  Chamizo is up there, too.  The guy is a pudgy little 65 kegger guy and just doesn't want to cut.  That has to mean something.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:11 PM, Jose132 said:

Lmfao!!! Is this a game of find the sexual innuendo or do I have the maturity of a 14 year old?

The only thing missing was pointing out the possibility of a 'Moore Cox' matchup..  

9 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Oh.  Kyle Dake or Sadulaev.  I believe all three of them are 1a, 1b, 1c and are interchangeable depending on the tournament/time of year.  Chamizo is up there, too.  The guy is a pudgy little 65 kegger guy and just doesn't want to cut.  That has to mean something.

Just for the fun of it.....I'm curious, what would be your list of top 10/all-time world wide (just freestyle, so Karelin is not on this list)

1 hour ago, fadzaev2 said:

Just for the fun of it.....I'm curious, what would be your list of top 10/all-time world wide (just freestyle, so Karelin is not on this list)

My list wouldn't do pre 95 much justice.

I'll concede that.

If Cox tried to make a run at 125 he might win a few matches but he'd end up injured like Gatsalov and Lowney. The only reason Kyle Snyder can still wrestle is because he did short seasons at hwt.

7 hours ago, scribe said:

I’ve never seen anyone move gwiz around like gable did. Forget about cox. 

You don't get out enough. Watch this match to see Gwiz ragdolled. The most amazing thing is that Gwiz gets to a leg two times, once even elevating it. He is completely unable to finish, as Akgul's defense is excellent. 

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

My list wouldn't do pre 95 much justice.

I'll concede that.

Fair enough, and a number of guys on my list would be in the 70's and 80's, in addition to 90's-present.  I'm not sure picking just 10 would be easy for me.