headshuck

Gable’s training partners

My training partner predictions:

Gilman -- Fix or RBY (outside shot Zain)

JO - Yianni (Yianni won't decline)

Dake - JB (Nolf if JB declines)

Taylor - Bo (Valencia if Bo declines)

Snyder - Cox (Moore of Cox declines)

Gable - Nelson (Gwiz if Nelson declines)

1 hour ago, Crash said:

Tony Nelson? That's hilarious

2 hours ago, Crash said:

There is no way most of these happen.  You don't bring threats with you to learn from you and be your training partners.  You definitely don't bring someone who has the motivation to twist you knee and get their Olympic shot.

RBY is a possibility, perhaps Yianni.Certainly not Fix, JB, Bo, Cox, Noore, or Gwiz.

Usually the training partners are non-threats years away from making an Olympic run or even someone in a different weight.

2 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Usually the training partners are non-threats years away from making an Olympic run or even someone in a different weight.

And even then you have to be careful. Dake was JB's training partner the summer after Dake's junior year. Allegedly, JB encouraged Dake to move up and go for 1st at 4 weights.

4 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

There is no way most of these happen.  You don't bring threats with you to learn from you and be your training partners.  You definitely don't bring someone who has the motivation to twist you knee and get their Olympic shot.

RBY is a possibility, perhaps Yianni.Certainly not Fix, JB, Bo, Cox, Noore, or Gwiz.

Gilman- RBY is definitely possible
JO- Likley someone like O'connor or someone he trains with regularly. Yianni wouldn't be too much of a surprise since they were partners for around a year.
Dake- No way JB, it will be someone from Cornell
Taylor- Bo is probably high on the list, will be someone from NLWC
Snyder- Likely someone from NLWC
Gable- Nelson is highly likely

6 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

Why?  It is his actual training partner.  That is who he trains with to get this  good. 

Fair point but wouldn't you think it would be beneficial to have someone who can somewhat mimick the styles of the international guys. By that I mean guys like gwiz or parris who are athletic and can move. Obviously Nelson has done a fine job preparing him for the domestic guys but the international guys are a completely different story, idk though just my take on it.

2 minutes ago, BobDole said:

Gilman- RBY is definitely possible
JO- Likley someone like O'connor or someone he trains with regularly. Yianni wouldn't be too much of a surprise since they were partners for around a year.
Dake- No way JB, it will be someone from Cornell
Taylor- Bo is probably high on the list, will be someone from NLWC
Snyder- Likely someone from NLWC
Gable- Nelson is highly likely

O'Connor is certainly a possibility.I would ordinarily discount someone as established as Yianni, but he and JO have a good relationship.

As far as Bo, I assume it is possible.  I just feel there is a lot we do not know about Bo's current relationship with DT, his MMA career, and the conflict of interest.

Snyder could bring Kerkvliet.

8 minutes ago, BTC said:

Fair point but wouldn't you think it would be beneficial to have someone who can somewhat mimick the styles of the international guys. By that I mean guys like gwiz or parris who are athletic and can move. Obviously Nelson has done a fine job preparing him for the domestic guys but the international guys are a completely different story, idk though just my take on it.

How did he prepare to wrestle "athletic guys who can move" like Gwiz and Parris?

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

O'Connor is certainly a possibility.I would ordinarily discount someone as established as Yianni, but he and JO have a good relationship.

As far as Bo, I assume it is possible.  I just feel there is a lot we do not know about Bo's current relationship with DT, his MMA career, and the conflict of interest.

Snyder could bring Kerkvliet.

Both Snyder and DT have plenty of options in the NLWC room of guys they regularly go with. 

At this point in time these guys are all well established with their current camps and it is hard to imagine they go outside of their current training situations. JO and Dake are the hard ones to pin down. I would guess Dake works out a lot with the Dean brothers so they would be my guess at this point.

16 minutes ago, AHamilton said:

How did he prepare to wrestle "athletic guys who can move" like Gwiz and Parris?

By being a once in a generation talent. Except that will only take him so far against the best in the world. He needs guys who are closer to his level. Iron sharpens iron

9 minutes ago, BTC said:

By being a once in a generation talent. Except that will only take him so far against the best in the world. He needs guys who are closer to his level. Iron sharpens iron

He just teched Gwiz.  

11 minutes ago, BTC said:

Brandon Eggum and Trevor Brandvold will also be there as coaches for him to roll around with. 

I would imagine they look something like this:

Gilman - RBY

Oliver - O'Connor or one of the Mondays (he is most likely to choose someone non-traditional)

Dake - Gabe Dean

Taylor - Bo or Brooks

Snyder - Bo or Kerkvliet

Gable - Nelson

I could see NLWC using this as an opportunity to give their next generation a chance to get a feel for the big show.