ssoH

Best P4P wrestler in the WORLD...

And go! I have Sadulaev as the man. Has two loses since he was a cadet in 2012, once in 2013 and to Snyder at the 2017 World's. Since the 2017 World's he's rattled off ~50 straight including sticking Snyder at the 2018 World's.

8 minutes ago, LJB said:

this is not a "hot take"

anyone who doesn't immediately say sadulaev is just fooling themselves...

It's a topic of discussion following the weekends results. That by definition is a hot take. Some apparently think Dake is the man. Some may say Zhamalov or someone else. Don't be a douche by muddying the water. 

9 minutes ago, ssoH said:

It's a topic of discussion following the weekends results. That by definition is a hot take. Some apparently think Dake is the man. Some may say Zhamalov or someone else. Don't be a douche by muddying the water. 

sure thing, sparky!!!!

4 minutes ago, ssoH said:

And you proved my point. :) This forum does indeed have an abundance of "LOOK AT ME" posters.

you're new here...

you might get it at some point...

whatever...

**shrugs**

24 minutes ago, ssoH said:

I like your energy!  These hardliners understand that a 'hot take' implies a deliberately provocative opinion against fresh news... Something like...

USA Wrestling sabotaged Cox to perfection...  I hope they keep that up because Cox would have tech pinned Snyder in 96.9 seconds before tilting Sadulaev for Olympic gold...  

How is Dake ahead of Sadulaev....?? I’m genuinely curious about this logic. I genuinely want to know if it’s anything more than fan boy ism. 

If it’s because he finally beat Burroughs.. Jordan had only gotten bronze in last 2 world championships. And was at the age most pro athletes call off.. 32-33 years old. 

That aside. I’d like to know how Dakes two non Olympic weight titles not only match but beat Sadulaev’s... FIVE senior golds.. one senior silver, and two cadet titles... 

6 minutes ago, jp157 said:

How is Dake ahead of Sadulaev....?? I’m genuinely curious about this logic. I genuinely want to know if it’s anything more than fan boy ism. 

he isn't...

you know that...

this thread was dead on the vine...

1 hour ago, ssoH said:

Dake is not on Sadulaev's level.  Not even close.  Sadulaev has an Olympic gold and 4 world championship golds...all at Olympic weights.  Kyle Dake has 2 world championship golds at non-Olympic weights.  You guys are riding high because Dake took out Burroughs this past weekend.  I'm a huge Dake fan, but I'm not sure he could beat all of the best 74kg guys in Russia.  Maybe if Dake wins Olympic gold, then he can enter the discussion.  

1 hour ago, ssoH said:

I'm not sure anyone could reasonably argue for Zhamalov, at least not since Russian Nats.  I can see choosing Dake (or Gable) based on the eye test, and some American bias, but he needs more Olympic weight results.

If he wins gold in Tokyo, at arguably the toughest weight, and especially if Sadulaev is tested (or loses, obviously), he might win a hypothetical 2021 P4P contest (but Taylor's the king of hypotheticals, so he'd be the favorite).

In any sort of career retrospective among currently active wrestlers, it's clearly Sadulaev.

Had I started this thread, no one would have taken it seriously...

I would have been called out for “trolling”...

and so far I’ve only been called a douche, which, just makes it like every other thread...

I heart this place...

I'd like to thank LJB for keeping this thread alive. 7 posts is showing the love and I appreciate it. No revelation Mphillips, just kept seeing Dake mentioned as the top P4P and wanted to hear the logic. FYI, Sidakov should be in the discussion.

This is another thread where people are talking passed each other and boring me. Are we talking about record or current capabilities? If you go by record it comes down to a systematic review of the data and in this case it doesn’t take a lot to conclude Sadulaev. If we’re talking current capabilities then we are taking a guess and record is only one input. In this case, And only this case, Dake can be in the discussion based on what we think he’s capable of. I personally don’t like to speculate. As scribe said, let’s wait till this summer.