Jimmy Cinnabon

Why is Cael hated?

The man is the great college wrestler ever, 159-0.  Olympic Gold medalist, American champion and wrestling hero.

So why do so many wrestling fans hate him?

Is it merely jealousy due to his success?

He seems like a very nice, humble guy.  He seems boring and non-offensive, so why do people hate him with such a passion?

Is it because he left Iowa State and had a double recruiting class his first year at Penn State?  I have a hard time imagining that's it since several other top coaches have done the same exact thing (move and double recruiting class).

Is it because of his religion? His wrestlers seem to talk about God and Jesus a lot, but he actually seldom mentions it.  Plus other coaches are way more in your face with their Christianity, so I don't think this is it either.

So why do people hate him, call him Carl, Kale or even Bael, like he is some demon spawn of Satan?

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

20 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

i guess i'm not familiar enough with certain posters to identify this as a troll or a trap, but...

who hates Cael? i mean, who hates him other than Iowa fans (which is to be expected) ? 

To clarify.  My post is a troll of this trap 

Why the Cael hate? Perhaps it's because he holds dark, forbidden rites, summoning the powers of evil to do his bidding. Perhaps it has something to do with the disappearances of small children and doddering old folks and Cael "coincidentally" being in the vicinities of those disappearances. Perhaps it has something to do with the baby brain jello molds that Cael sells on Ebay. Who can say? 

I'm betting that if they broke bread with Cael, or had a chance to just shoot the breeze, the "hatred" would be less so.  Hatred and hate are so misused anymore.  Its become a substitute for really dislike or "perturbed by". 

If anyone on this forum really has that much actual "hate" for Cael, Brands, Ryan, etc., I would begin to question your life and priorities.  Disagreeing or not likeing something isn't hate. 

I do, however, hate it when "hate" is misconstrued. 

So... Stop the hatred... More just being general jerkwads... 

12 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

People (mainly misguided Iowa fans) hate that Cael is so much better at or than (fill in the blank). It is a form of insecurity gone wild. 

I don’t think you will find one Iowa fan that truly “hates” Cael but it is posts like this that makes Iowa fans dislike him.  You get guys like this one who on any chance will bring up how terrible Iowa and Iowa fans are and it is only a matter of time before Iowa fans start disliking Penn St. and anything/one associated with it. 

1 hour ago, Twooooo said:

I don’t think you will find one Iowa fan that truly “hates” Cael but it is posts like this that makes Iowa fans dislike him.  You get guys like this one who on any chance will bring up how terrible Iowa and Iowa fans are and it is only a matter of time before Iowa fans start disliking Penn St. and anything/one associated with it. 

The shade has been coming from the Iowa side for years now. It ranges from the petty constant name calling i.e. Carl, Bael ...etc. to the outright accusatory venom. I just react to it. 

Edited by TBar1977