Jimmy Cinnabon

Why is Cael hated?

oh for christ's sake you guys are out of your minds. 

cael snuffed out innovation? lmao. c'mon shuck; you're better than that.

the fact of the matter is 1) national duals was always second fiddle (and always will be) and 2) the new proposal was a crackpot idea filled with more hope than good sense. it wasn't gonna work and tons of coaches knew it. if it was gonna work, and if the college wrestling universe really believed it would, why wouldn't they just proceed w/o PSU?

get real.

And Jammenz, ya old geezer, you've been crying about it for a decade. Zip it. and keep Minnesota's dual meet record vs PSU for a certain period of time in your scrapbook. 

Edited by Husker_Du

16 minutes ago, Husker_Du said:

oh for christ's sake you guys are out of your minds. 

cael snuffed out innovation? lmao. c'mon shuck; you're better than that.

the fact of the matter is 1) national duals was always second fiddle (and always will be) and 2) the new proposal was a crackpot idea filled with more hope than good sense. it wasn't gonna work and tons of coaches knew it. if it was gonna work, and if the college wrestling universe really believed it would, why wouldn't they just proceed w/o PSU?

get real.

And Jammenz, ya old geezer, you've been crying about it for a decade. Zip it. and keep Minnesota's dual meet record vs PSU for a certain period of time in your scrapbook. 

Mods, is it possible to give this one multiple Likes? 

On 4/6/2021 at 8:40 PM, Crash said:

Carl is hated bc he is a God Squadder who employs religious indoctrination of his wrestlers.  HE also keeps all wrestling news secret which hurts the popularity of the sport.

HE is the only one who has successfully kept his room airtight in the era of smart phones and social media, and HE acts unashamedly in the best interests of his athletes and their competitive advantage first and foremost.  He is the monk on the mountain who has the smarts and the war chest to command and demand discretion on the part of his wrestlers.  And the finished product he puts on the mat in his wrestlers has exploded the sport in some very meaningful ways in the past ten years.

On 4/9/2021 at 8:18 AM, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Hmm...you actually have supper with Iowa fans? 

I've been known to have a drink at the bar with 'em, but I draw the line when it comes to sitting down and breaking bread with them

Maybe he meant Iowa fans are supper fun the way Hannibal Lecter means they are supper fun?

On 4/8/2021 at 8:00 AM, dman115 said:

Not even remotely true...have you attended a sporting event against an Ohio St. team??  I have watched thousands of sporting events and the worst fans overall are Ohio St. fans (sorry TheOhio dude on here...I like you, and your post crack me).  The worst wrestling fans in terms of sportsmanship and respect for their opponents fans....easily, hands down, not even close....IOWA!!!  Which is funny as I have been to many many Iowa football games both home and away and their fans are supper fun and awesome even when wearing the opposing teams gear.

Ohio St fans are crazy, but they have a sense of humor. Ive never met a PSU fan in real life that I liked. They were all assholes. Im sure there are good ones out there. There are people I enjoy on BWI, but for the most part its been a lot of Tbar types.

Edited by Drake_Mallard

On 4/8/2021 at 9:00 AM, dman115 said:

Not even remotely true...have you attended a sporting event against an Ohio St. team??  I have watched thousands of sporting events and the worst fans overall are Ohio St. fans 

Buckeye fans don't even like their own teams. Not a chance they're gonna like you or your team. Worst fans in College FB for sure. If more cared about wrestling they would be the worst in wrestling as well. The vocal minority do their best to make up for lack of numbers.

Cael Sanderson did not end the Iowa reign in this sport, contrary to popular belief. The sport had Minnesota, Oklahoma State, and others who had gained ground on Iowa. Iowa fans don't hate him, and I don't think anyone who Is a real fan hates him. What people hate, is that Penn State has become the top program in the nation. Every person who knows this sport knows damn well that Penn State was a sleeping giant for decades...and that if they ever got the right coach, that giant would awaken. THAT'S what people like MSU 158 hate.

4 hours ago, Drew87 said:

HE is the only one who has successfully kept his room airtight in the era of smart phones and social media, and HE acts unashamedly in the best interests of his athletes and their competitive advantage first and foremost.  He is the monk on the mountain who has the smarts and the war chest to command and demand discretion on the part of his wrestlers.  And the finished product he puts on the mat in his wrestlers has exploded the sport in some very meaningful ways in the past ten years.

OMG,  Gag me with a spoon!!