Grecojones

Cox weigh-in update

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

So why not say that-- assuming it's true?

this is a child's question...

whenever something is going to litigation in any manner, DON'T SAY ****!!!

**smh**

1 minute ago, NJDan said:

You think that USAW, facing a potential lawsuit and/or arbitration hearings, should go public with whatever information they have?  Because fans?

6 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Why not say what?  Something like "hey, I know all you people on Twitter, Facebook and the message boards are pissed so we just want to let you know we followed the procedures that we and the committee came up with"? Not sure why that's even remotely necessary or why anybody would even expect them to do that when the possibility of arbitration or lawsuit exists. In fact I guarantee that any legal counsel/attorney would tell them pretty bluntly "shut the hell up and don't say anything at this time".  

8 minutes ago, klehner said:

You think that USAW, facing a potential lawsuit and/or arbitration hearings, should go public with whatever information they have?  Because fans?

Yes, I do. They have a responsibility to the fans. And if they just say he was late, that causes not litigation risk. People comment on events that might be litigated ALL THE TIME. Sure, you want to choose your words carefully, but they would do that anyway.

Edited by NJDan

6 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Yes, I do. They have a responsibility to the fans. And if they just say he was late, that causes not litigation risk. People comment on events that might be litigated ALL THE TIME. Sure, you want to choose your words carefully, but they would do that anyway.

JFC...

if you just want a hug and to be told it will be alright, i am sure we can find someone to help you out...

i thought guido's were supposed to be tough????

30 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Absolutely no reason for USAW to comment on this, all appears as they followed their rules and procedures.  Now given this new information, if true, then certainly J'Den could make additional/specific comment.   For instance he could specifically clarify that, for example: he showed up at 7:21, he checked his weight at 7:??, he was 0.?? kg over, he proceeded to workout, he rechecked weight at 7:5?, he was still 0.?? kg over, he worked out more and was down to weight when checked at 8:1?.  

The new information doesn't make it sound like a guy who first showed up at 8am and was 0.4 lb over and it was all due to miss information.  If 0.4 lb over at 7:25 shouldn't have been a problem.  

Again, no reason to hear from USAW until we have some facts from the athlete, USAW doesn't owe us anything at this point.   

55 minutes ago, scribe said:

I manage my own Facebook group where I’m widely considered a world champion. I might be the only person in the group. 

With such a vast social network its now obvious why you have not had time for these here forums this past ~year+.  ;)

5 minutes ago, ionel said:

With such a vast social network its now obvious why you have not had time for these here forums this past ~year+.  ;)

Haha

why Did they cap reactions to like 5 a day? Seems a little dumb. 

31 minutes ago, scribe said:

Haha

why Did they cap reactions to like 5 a day? Seems a little dumb. 

I feel you should have ~1,800 reactions in thematforum bank.  We really need to hear from themat on this issue:  #FreetheReactions!  You should probably take legal recourse against themat.  I'm guessing your social media coach did not tell you that you needed to show up a year ago in order to use your reactions.  :)

1 hour ago, ionel said:

Absolutely no reason for USAW to comment on this, all appears as they followed their rules and procedures.  Now given this new information, if true, then certainly J'Den could make additional/specific comment.   For instance he could specifically clarify that, for example: he showed up at 7:21, he checked his weight at 7:??, he was 0.?? kg over, he proceeded to workout, he rechecked weight at 7:5?, he was still 0.?? kg over, he worked out more and was down to weight when checked at 8:1?.  

The new information doesn't make it sound like a guy who first showed up at 8am and was 0.4 lb over and it was all due to miss information.  If 0.4 lb over at 7:25 shouldn't have been a problem.  

Again, no reason to hear from USAW until we have some facts from the athlete, USAW doesn't owe us anything at this point.   

You say, "all appears as they followed their rules and procedures." Maybe they did, but a lot of people on these forums have some questions about: (a) what the procedures were and (b) why, if they were followed, there could not be an exception for a world medalist who was 15 minutes late (if, indeed, that was the case. Some basic regard for the wrestling fans and community would merit some kind of brief explanation of what happened, why the rule Cox disqualified and why. By all means, their lawyers could check the statement. 

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

You say, "all appears as they followed their rules and procedures." Maybe they did, but a lot of people on these forums have some questions about: (a) what the procedures were and (b) why, if they were followed, there could not be an exception for a world medalist who was 15 minutes late (if, indeed, that was the case. Some basic regard for the wrestling fans and community would merit some kind of brief explanation of what happened, why the rule Cox disqualified and why. By all means, their lawyers could check the statement. 

A: Show up and be at or under the weight you're wrestling by the posted time
B: He didn't show up at or under weight by the posted time with their not being anything in the procedures to allow for an exception for somebody being late and not on weight because they needed to show up on time and at or below the weight. 

12 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Ok, let's start with you list 3 specific question and we will see if we have the answers for you.

I don't understand why there is a hard cutoff for weighing at the senior level.

It's not like there is an advantage to making weight closer to wrestling time. If anything wouldn't you want to weigh in as early as possible so you have more recovery time?

As long as guys make weight before they step on the mat that day let them compete

12 minutes ago, ionel said:

Ok, let's start with you list 3 specific question and we will see if we have the answers for you.

no answer will be good enough...

you run into people like this all to frequently...

Just now, PHL said:

It's not like there is an advantage to making weight closer to wrestling time. If anything wouldn't you want to weigh in as early as possible so you have more recovery time?

As long as guys make weight before they step on the mat that day let them compete

you probably should have thought through this post a little more before just regurgitating it out for all to avoid stepping in...

16 minutes ago, PHL said:

Needs to be a cutoff so they can redraw if they need to. Can't redraw if you let them step on the scale 30 seconds before they wrestle. People all over here arguing about the "best team".  If David Taylor didn't make weight, you'd expect them to have redrawn that weight correct?  

1 hour ago, LJB said:

no answer will be good enough...

you run into people like this all to frequently...

It appears you are correct.  No reply with specific question(s), apparently not interested in the answers just wants to complain that no one is answering the questions he has not asked.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

3 hours ago, scribe said:

I manage my own Facebook group where I’m widely considered a world champion. I might be the only person in the group. 

I will join and complain loudly if anyone tries to front the big lie that you weren’t a multiple time world champ. We can raise money to insure people know the truth. Will be wild. 

3 hours ago, NJDan said:

They did comment. They issued a press release. It is there in writing. You can read it as many times as you want.

1 hour ago, BigTimeFan said:

I will join and complain loudly if anyone tries to front the big lie that you weren’t a multiple time world champ. We can raise money to insure people know the truth. Will be wild. 

Damn right !!! Let’s go!!!!

3 hours ago, ionel said:

I wouldn't care at all if you have answers-- or think you do. USAW should provide answers.