Sign in to follow this  
Stl

Olympic Training Center Resident Athletes

I apologize if this has been covered before, but with the rise of local RTC's across the country it doesn't seem like there are many high level full-time residents of the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Aside from J'den Cox (who I think actually splits time between there and the Ohio RTC), are there any resident athletes there? Or is it now more of a training camp type place where wrestlers will visit for short periods of time? I'm curious as to who uses it as their home training base and who their training partners would be. Also is Bill Zadick involved with training there on a daily basis?

3 minutes ago, LJB said:

the OTC resident program has been shut down since the boogie bug...

I assume by that you mean COVID? Shut down temporarily or permanently? Regardless, I'm curious who was training there before the shutdown.

1 minute ago, Stl said:

I assume by that you mean COVID? Shut down temporarily or permanently? Regardless, I'm curious who was training there before the shutdown.

i can only speak for the wrestling side of things at the OTC...

and specifically the greco program...

but...

the word around the campfire is that the greco program with resident athletes will not be coming back...

i do not specifically recall any full time free male athletes at the OTC recently... they have more and better options with all of the RTCs...

a few women definitely... 

1 hour ago, Stl said:

I apologize if this has been covered before, but with the rise of local RTC's across the country it doesn't seem like there are many high level full-time residents of the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. Aside from J'den Cox (who I think actually splits time between there and the Ohio RTC), are there any resident athletes there? Or is it now more of a training camp type place where wrestlers will visit for short periods of time? I'm curious as to who uses it as their home training base and who their training partners would be. Also is Bill Zadick involved with training there on a daily basis?

According to some old timers, one of the reasons the RTCs gained popularity so quickly was because “allegedly”.. USA wrestling would have favorites and use the training at the OTC to scout for and give other advantages to their favorite. As well as providing more overseas opportunities.

The only person I’ve seen out that in writing is Schalle.. but many people think he is.. “off” as a person. He is not the only one I’ve heard it from though. 

Take that as you will. It’s a circumstance designed for the word allegedly