MizzouGrad

Who is the new guy on FRL?

29 minutes ago, MizzouGrad said:

One of the most obnoxious voices I have ever heard on radio. Pair that with the nose ring and I think I'll listen to MatScouts exclusively now. 

Isn't there a Russian or Iranian or Uzbeki wrestling talk show you should be listening to?  You need to familiarize yourself with the guys for whom you'll be cheering at the Olympics, don't you?

1 hour ago, uncle bernard said:

I like the nose ring, but we probably come from different generations. 

I've stopped listening regularly because I can't stand Askren. Totally brainless windbag at this point. Willie's show is better.

I feel the same about Ben sometimes but have yet to jump over to Willies podcasts even though I remember liking his content the most when he was with Flo.  Haven't done the switcheroo yet because @Husker_Du can't stop telling me to go f' myself

4 minutes ago, portajohn said:

I feel the same about Ben sometimes but have yet to jump over to Willies podcasts even though I remember liking his content the most when he was with Flo.  Haven't done the switcheroo yet because @Husker_Du can't stop telling me to go f' myself

I have a lot of respect for Ben's wrestling know how, but I can only listen to somebody fail to comprehend the most basic logical progressions so many times before I can't take anything they say seriously. In many ways, he's like a middle schooler trying to catch up and understand what his cohosts are even saying, let alone come up with anything substantive to add. And on top of that, he's constantly interrupting and taking the podcast off track. It's also pretty clear that he doesn't follow the sport as closely as someone on a wrestling podcast should.

54 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

I have a lot of respect for Ben's wrestling know how, but I can only listen to somebody fail to comprehend the most basic logical progressions so many times before I can't take anything they say seriously. In many ways, he's like a middle schooler trying to catch up and understand what his cohosts are even saying, let alone come up with anything substantive to add. And on top of that, he's constantly interrupting and taking the podcast off track. It's also pretty clear that he doesn't follow the sport as closely as someone on a wrestling podcast should.

For awhile there, it felt like every other week they had to explain to him why rankings aren't predictions and other such things and every single time, without fail, his counter argument was the same thing he said last time it got brought up

36 minutes ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

For awhile there, it felt like every other week they had to explain to him why rankings aren't predictions and other such things and every single time, without fail, his counter argument was the same thing he said last time it got brought up

It's unreal how often this happens with all sorts of topics and it's what's driven me away from the show. Like talking to a toddler. I don't know how they can stand him at this point.

This is basically every FRL now

863.png

22 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

One of the most obnoxious voices I have ever heard on radio. Pair that with the nose ring and I think I'll listen to MatScouts exclusively now. 

ok boomer

20 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

I feel like you’re being a bit harsh on him. Given the brain damage Ben has taken, you wouldn’t expect him to apply precise logic or stay focused on a topic. 

33 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

I feel like you’re being a bit harsh on him. Given the brain damage Ben has taken, you wouldn’t expect him to apply precise logic or stay focused on a topic. 

I'm not sure if you are joking, but when I heard him speak recently I have wondered if he has some brain issues. He seems to slur his words a bit and if you compare this to how he spoke in college there is a contrast. 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

I'm not sure if you are joking, but when I heard him speak recently I have wondered if he has some brain issues. He seems to slur his words a bit and if you compare this to how he spoke in college there is a contrast. 

Ben has said many times that he doesn't process things like other people. He's even went as far as to say he may have some form of Asperger. He's also the only one that will keeps the guys, "honest" so to speak.  They all fumble around at times, including Willie. I enjoy both of the shows. 

thanks for watching the show on MatScouts. 

i don't watch a ton of FRL but i did watch their Trials recap and actually thought it was pretty good. CP i thought was on point on almost every topic (except maybe the Gable to WWE thing).

Ben's defense of J'den i chalked up to the Mizzou connection. 

14 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

i don't watch a ton of FRL but i did watch their Trials recap and actually thought it was pretty good. CP i thought was on point on almost every topic (except maybe the Gable to WWE thing).

Even though Ben said he could see both sides,  which was ridiculous. 

I still really enjoy FRL, but I also do not like the 2 latest additions to the show - "Host"-wise. They just dont really seem to add much to the conversation outside of repeating what has already been said, and the occasional joke that is hit or miss (for the viewers). If they feel it helps the show though, more power to whoever decides who is on. I cannot speak to the other content that they provide to Flo. 

I like Askren generally, and on the show honestly. I think he digs his feet in the sand a lot and even when he is clearly "wrong" or at general odds with the other hosts it just gets old sometimes I will agree. 

I do miss Willie's insights - just cant afford Rokfin unfortunately. Hoping that next year maybe I can do a few Rokfin subs!

I'd love to see some collaboration in the future there, but unfortunately that does not seem to be likely with the state wrestling media is in generally, and the issues between Willie and Flo. 

I am also not a boomer, so don't quote me with a lazy insult - I'm just giving my opinion. 

$9.99/month on Rokfin gets you everything on Rokfin. Tons of good things to consume. Get Willie Matscouts , Pa power, IaWrestle, NLWC and Wisc rtc. Lots of wrestling 

Edited by calot

15 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

Willie complimenting Flo....hmmm....After the acquisition of Intermat, is this a sign that Flowrestling is the next takeover target for Matscouts LLC?

Edited by Billyhoyle

19 minutes ago, calot said:

$9.99/month on Rokfin gets you everything on Rokfin. Tons of good things to consume. Get Willie Matscouts , Pa power, IaWrestle, NLWC and Wisc rtc. Lots of wrestling 

Ah ok - thank you for the clarification!

I still personally cant afford to add that at this time, but that is a lot more affordable than how it had been explained to me previously. 

11 minutes ago, Dondante88 said:

So does anyone have any background on the new FRL dude? I have been curious about this myself.

The first FRL he was on they broke down who he was, what he would be doing...etc. I only remember that he was an upper-weight when he competed, and that he at one point Coached at the High School level. 

7 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Ollie's a good dude. Coached out in New York for a while. Worked with him at one of the Grapple at the Garden events. Bratke used to have the snark from the couch, now it's Ollie and I'm here for it. 

Oh, Ollie? He's the man. No one in this whole dang thread would say who they were talking about.