Sign in to follow this  
TheOhioState

Kyle Snyder on J'Den Cox situation: "It stinks"

Wonder about how much pressure he will feel inside wrestling community to allow Cox to challenge. 

I hope he doesn't recieve much.  Cox had opportunity to challenge but could not make weight at designated time.  Snyder did everything right and should not feel pressured to go out of his way to make Cox happy.

1 hour ago, jcjcjc said:

I’m gonna drag Kyle to these boards by his ear and make him read this, and then Cox will get the wrestle off us posters all deserve!!!!

I didnt remember you're here sometimes, jc. Nice to know your wrestling junkie streak extends internationally.

It has nothing to do with pressure. It's all about peaking in Japan.

In the last few years, Kyle has been dominated by Russia and Iran and lost to an aging Sharifov. As Kyle said, "It stinks" because Kollin Moore, Kyven Gadson and whomever else we have been sending at Kyle the last several years has not helped him at all. If anything, it has been a detriment to his growth. 

No matter what happened between him and Cox, the winner would have beaten a Top 5 97kg guy. Instead, he dominated an undersized Kollin Moore. 

Kyle looked great and he clearly has decreased his size to up his speed. But if anyone in the world would have shown him that his increased speed is making a difference, it is fellow freaking American J'den Cox. This is what drives the pro-J'den crowd absolutely bonkers. 

We didn't just hurt J'den Cox. It hurt Kyle. We hurt America's chances at gold. I know for a fact Kyle Dake is a Top 3 74kg because he just beat a top 3 guy. All I know about Kyle is that he is skinner and beat a no-name on freestyle circuit. 

10 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

In the last few years, Kyle has been dominated by Russia and Iran and lost to an aging Sharifov. As Kyle said, "It stinks" because Kollin Moore, Kyven Gadson and whomever else we have been sending at Kyle the last several years has not helped him at all. If anything, it has been a detriment to his growth. 

No matter what happened between him and Cox, the winner would have beaten a Top 5 97kg guy. Instead, he dominated an undersized Kollin Moore. 

Kyle looked great and he clearly has decreased his size to up his speed. But if anyone in the world would have shown him that his increased speed is making a difference, it is fellow freaking American J'den Cox. This is what drives the pro-J'den crowd absolutely bonkers. 

We didn't just hurt J'den Cox. It hurt Kyle. We hurt America's chances at gold. I know for a fact Kyle Dake is a Top 3 74kg because he just beat a top 3 guy. All I know about Kyle is that he is skinner and beat a no-name on freestyle circuit. 

Are you for Kyle and/or Cox??  Because you sure seem to take a shot at both of them in your post yet try and compliment them, then turn around and take another shot.  Including criticizing More and Gadson??

11 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

That's all you know about Kyle?  Seriously?

Moore ought not be considered a "nobody" on the senior FS circuit.  He recently beat some very good competition overseas at Delagne IIRC. 

Snyder beat who has been put in front of him.  To suggest that he's not a Medal contender is disingenuous at best.  By definition, he's Top 3, given that he's placed no lower than 3rd at any of the previous 5 years OLY or World Championships.  

If he "allows" Cox to wrestle him in a special wrestleoff, and wins, it'll cement his legacy.  If he "allows" Cox to wrestle him in a special wrestleoff, and loses, it'll still cement his legacy as having BEEN one of the best, both on and off the mat.  Regardless, he's still Captain America and in the upper echelon of the "good people" category (same with Cox). 

13 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

This is Oscar worthy 

16 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

I do not believe that anybody should be putting pressure on Kyle Snyder to do anything.  This is and always has been a USAW decision, not a Kyle Snyder decision.  Now it's potentially an arbitrator.  None of that is on Snyder.

100%

to even suggest any pressure is on snyder should be dealt with in a swift manner with extreme prejudice...

14 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

Is this even by a real person?

18 hours ago, maligned said:

I didnt remember you're here sometimes, jc. Nice to know your wrestling junkie streak extends internationally.

I’m an extremely streaky poster on themat mainly I just check in to see if DF has returned.

Edited by jcjcjc

21 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Wonder about how much pressure he will feel inside wrestling community to allow Cox to challenge. 

I hope he doesn't recieve much.  Cox had opportunity to challenge but could not make weight at designated time.  Snyder did everything right and should not feel pressured to go out of his way to make Cox happy.

I assume he feels no pressure to do that.  There is a governing body that can do that if they want.  It'd be idiotic for Snyder to feel pressure to fix the problem that Cox caused and the on site officials didn't fix.

1 hour ago, jcjcjc said:

I’m an extremely streaky poster on themat mainly I just check in to see if DF has returned.

Based on screen name, I first thought you were the Jimmy Cinnabon police.  ;)

19 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

We are sending the reigning Olympic Champion back to defend his title.  KS has medaled at every Olympics and/or World Championship he has entered in.  Of the 6 guys who made the team, 97kg is the least of our concerns.  

20 hours ago, MizzouGrad said:

You honestly think a win in April will affect who wins later?  It might affect who you 'know' is top 3, but it has nothing to do with whether they win in Tokyo.  Spending 6 minutes on a mat with a guy you won't be wrestling in the Olympics is not going to make you one bit better as a wrestler.  

On 4/6/2021 at 8:19 PM, LJB said:

No reasonable person is putting any pressure on snyder...

just because a few forum nerds didn’t get what they want does not mean Snyder is feeling pressure to do anything but perform as an Olympian...

While I doubt he feels any significant external pressure to advocate for J'Den's reinstatement, and knows silence won't harm his legacy at all, speaking out would likely benefit his brand. 

If he's as usefully delusional as most elite athletes (and as all the jesus babble suggests), he's certain of victory anyway, and if not, he should realize it's never going to happen, so for him, it really is a win/win.

21 hours ago, boconnell said:

You honestly think a win in April will affect who wins later?  It might affect who you 'know' is top 3, but it has nothing to do with whether they win in Tokyo.  Spending 6 minutes on a mat with a guy you won't be wrestling in the Olympics is not going to make you one bit better as a wrestler.  

TBF, unless he's delusional enough to have forgotten about the Sharifov loss, and getting stuck/teched by Mohammedian, beating J'Den would surely provide some useful confidence heading into Tokyo, but we all know it's ultimately irrelevant.  Nothing Kyle says, or doesn't say, is going to matter, and J'Den's Tokyo Olympic journey is over.