Gross..... I dislike Dake but he's who we got.

Predictably Chamizo will be right there bothering both of them in nail-biters.

But assuming this match happens, can someone give me a breakdown?

Both seem reluctant to attack and are really pretty conservative.

How do y'all experts see this going? Anything stand out to y'all as a seperating factor?

Sidakov's underhook/slide-by?

Dake's throws?

Personally I have no clue, but I predict an exciting snoozer with a shot clock or push out point being the difference.

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

6 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Lol I just needed something other than Cox vs USAW

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

totally fair...

personally, i think dake comes away with an olympic gold and makes it look relatively easy...

i also fully expect many on this silly bbs to complain about it and how boring he was and that he still suks and his psuedo science is stupid and they hate the color red and taylor would still kick his a$$ and etc. etc. etc....

Dake could go through unscored upon. He is that good. 
He isn't that good...... (Unscored upon good) @red blades I'm 99% sure Rizzo is Dake

it is interesting match up. I take Dake over Sidakov. Sidakov's throw bys are good but i have a feeling Dake would wrestle more tactically and pick his shots. Overall in Olympics, Dake would hit his popular chest wrap for 4 in at least in two different matches. I just re-watched Dake's match with Demirtas (TUR) 2020 matteo pellicone, Dake destroyed him in less time than he did Nolf in Trials. It's always awesome to watch Dake throw those explosive shots.

7 minutes ago, freestyle_fan said:

it is interesting match up. I take Dake over Sidakov. Sidakov's throw bys are good but i have a feeling Dake would wrestle more tactically and pick his shots. Overall in Olympics, Dake would hit his popular chest wrap for 4 in at least in two different matches. I just re-watched Dake's match with Demirtas (TUR) 2020 matteo pellicone, Dake destroyed him in less time than he did Nolf in Trials. It's always awesome to watch Dake throw those explosive shots.

I stand by my earlier post:

Wouldn't it be amazing if Kyle Dake knew what the rest of the world knows?  When he opens up, he is simply lights out.  His hips and scrambling ability, along with his par terre keep him in every match no matter whom.  More importantly, he can give up points, and still overcome deficits when attacking.  JB can also score against the worlds best when he opens up but as an old man myself, I understand his reluctance as age pursues him.

Going to be an amazing night!

1 hour ago, coolbeans2 said:

Wouldn't it be amazing if Kyle Dake knew what the rest of the world knows?  When he opens up, he is simply lights out.  His hips and scrambling ability, along with his par terre keep him in every match no matter whom.  More importantly, he can give up points, and still overcome deficits when attacking.  JB can also score against the worlds best when he opens up but as an old man myself, I understand his reluctance as age pursues him.

Do t you think we perceive the best wrestlers’ offense as unstoppable mainly because they are so smart and tactical and attack mainly from exceptional positions? 
if they attacked more they would be attacking from poorer positions and look and be stoppable. 

8 minutes ago, jcjcjc said:

Do t you think we perceive the best wrestlers’ offense as unstoppable mainly because they are so smart and tactical and attack mainly from exceptional positions? 
if they attacked more they would be attacking from poorer positions and look and be stoppable. 

I think I understand what you are trying to ask.  If I may be so bold, can you spot any similarities is styles?

Couldn't attach it so...

25 minutes ago, jcjcjc said:

jcjcjc..

Kudukhov wasn't passive with his skills.  I do see similarities if Kyle is less passive.

Notice, to my point, Kudukhov had the ability to surrender points and still win.  I say this as evidence that Kyle has the skills to open up.

Edited by coolbeans2

Your post assumes Dake isn't already unstoppable.  It also assumes that more offense is automatically better.  Both of those things seem like poor assumptions.  

jcjcjc..

Kudukhov wasn't passive with his skills.  I do see similarities if Kyle is less passive.

Notice, to my point, Kudukhov had the ability to surrender points and still win.  I say this as evidence that Kyle has the skills to open up.

I mean, you could be right, but there is no way for us to know. To argue against you, I would say Terry Brands was over aggressive and it cost him matches. 
the. You would point to Joe Williams’s losses  or Buvasar losing to Slay. 

Dake biggest advantage throughout his wrestling career has been his amazing defensive skills and top wrestling. Why would he wrestle in a way that makes his best assets a small percentage of matches? 

I think I understand what you are trying to ask.  If I may be so bold, can you spot any similarities is styles?

Couldn't attach it so...

I don’t really see a ton similar between Dake and Khudakov other than their end results of points being chest wraps and Inside reaches a good amount of the time. 

To me, similarities between wrestlers are more important from open to first touch or predominant ties. They seem to vary a good amount. 

also, Dake is probably analyzing Khudakov much differently than we are. He didn’t win gold at the Olympics. Also, in the matches Dake lost to Burroughs, he was scored on when trying to be too offensive. He had his most success counterattacking. 

I believe Chamizo has the 1 seed locked up right?

Given that the way they do international brackets with the bottom having more toons, I would say he has a larger chance of hitting Sidakov pre-finals.

I just don't know man.  I could see the scale being Dake's biggest opponent and I could see Sidakov doing just what he needs to to win.

So I've really thought on this, and I think Chamizo is Dake's biggest threat (I know I'm a Chamizo homer).
But Frank doesn't care about mixing it up in "Dake friendly" positions.... I think the guys with more straight forward approaches will fail...
Just stylistically I feel like Chamizo presents more of an obstacle than Sidakov... Even though Sidakov is able to beat Chamizo.

17 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I believe Chamizo has the 1 seed locked up right?

Given that the way they do international brackets with the bottom having more toons, I would say he has a larger chance of hitting Sidakov pre-finals.

I just don't know man.  I could see the scale being Dake's biggest opponent and I could see Sidakov doing just what he needs to to win.

Dake is coming into the Olympics unseeded, as most of his seeding points were at 79kg.  In theory, he could draw Sidakov or Chamizo early.

30 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Dake is coming into the Olympics unseeded, as most of his seeding points were at 79kg.  In theory, he could draw Sidakov or Chamizo early.

Right, but being that Chamizo is the #1 seed and Sidakov the #2 seed it is more likely he sees Sidakov yeah?

The international tournaments have twice as many gents in the bottom half if the brackets as the top half.