spladle08

Snyderman vs the field

There was an American wrestler from Maryland, who throughout his high school career had never lost a match.  At just 20 years of age, he became the youngest wrestler ever to win the World, NCAA, and Olympic championships in the same year — a Triple Crown of American wrestling that had not been accomplished in a generation.

He became a national icon and symbol of American strength.  News began to circulate of a Russian wrestler who was fierce and unstoppable.  As each wrestlers legends grew, a match was destined between the two, America versus Russia.  The match would be held in Tokyo.

The American began training immediately.  Every day coach would tell him, “This Russian has a move called the Mongolian Death Grip. No one has ever escaped the Mongolian Death Grip. DO NOT let him get you in the Mongolian Death Grip.”

The day of the match finally came.

Just before each wrestler stepped onto the mat in front of the capacity crowd, the coach once again said, “Whatever you do, do not let him get you in the Mongolian death grip. No one has ever escaped the Mongolian death grip.”

Four seconds into the match, the Russian had the American in the Mongolian death grip.  The coach buried his face into his hands and cursed the American for not listening to his advice.

All of a sudden he heard the crowd erupt in a chant of USA USA USA.  He looked up and saw the Russian pinned.  The coach ran out to meet his wrestler and embarrassingly told him,
“I didn’t see it… Once he had you in the Mongolian Death Grip I looked away. How in the world did you get out of the Mongolian death grip?”

With a heavy breath, the American said “Well, coach, that Russian grabbed me and twisted my body in ways I never imagined possible. I was wincing in pain when I open my eyes and right in front of me were two testicles. So I bit them.”

“What???” Said the coach… I don’t think that is legal. You could be disqualified.”  “I don’t know about that Cael. But I can tell you one thing. You ain’t got no idea how strong you are until you bite your own b@lls.”

On 4/7/2021 at 2:50 PM, MizzouGrad said:

If Sharifov is done, Aslanbek Alborov is his replacement and happens to be 2-0 versus Kyle. 

Sadulaev and Mohammadian are both freak athletes and should be the heavy favorites for the gold medal match. I wouldn't be surprised if Mohammadian even beats Sadulaev. He's a superstar.

A month before Mohammadian wrestled Snyder, Sharifov beat Mohammadian 4-3 at the 2019 Grand Prix of Moscow.

I'm not discounting what he did to Snyder, but we've seen so little from him. I have hard time placing confidence in him with such a small sample size and especially after he lost to Shabani twice (who Snyder has wins over). That said, I'm glad we get to see Mohammadian this weekend!

Iran qualified for the 96 Kg.  Still not clear if they will send Mohammadian, Shabani or Goleji.

Personally, I hope they send Mohammadian.  At his best, he has the highest potential.  He certainly was not at his best when he lost to Shabani

Here is a video of Mohammadian in the Olympic qualifier against an Indian wrestler who was the Asia Silver medalist https://www.khabarvarzeshi.com/news/299401/ویدیو-فیتیله-پیچ-نماینده-هند-توسط-محمدیان-در-۳۰-ثانیه