Jimmy Cinnabon

Any chance David Carr wants to wrestle with his buddies?

17 minutes ago, Perry said:

Based on his latest Instagram post with his dad it looks like he has a lot of ISU blood running through his veins

Yeah, plus it looks like he has a really close relationship with Metcalf.  On top of that, it looks like they have some solid recruits coming in over the next 2 seasons.  I think he is going to be happy staying where he is for the rest of his eligibility!

It'll be announced later this afternoon that he's transferring to PSU. I heard it was a close race though.  TCNJ almost landed him.  I'll bet $1 million to the US Wrestling Foundation that this will or will not happen

Edited by portajohn

8 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Bull****. Rumor mill has it that Mr Carr wants to be able to read when he's finished with college! 

Don't know what you're talking about. First, PSU is an Ivy League school. Heard he's enrolling at Wharton. Two, 'PSU is in a major city (Philadelphia), and Three I heard he's a big fan of the football program and is looking forward to the 3 hour drive on Saturdays to watch the Lions play at Beaver Stadium in Happy Valley.

Edited by portajohn

11 minutes ago, portajohn said:

Don't know what you're talking about. First, PSU is an Ivy League school. Heard he's enrolling at Wharton. Two, 'PSU is in a major city (Philadelphia), and Three I heard he's a big fan of the football program and is looking forward to the 3 hour drive on Saturdays to watch the Lions play at Beaver Stadium in Happy Valley.

This is either one of the funniest things I’ve read on here having heard people make this exact flub countless times...or is just marvelously incorrect.

22 minutes ago, portajohn said:

8 minutes ago, Drew87 said:

This is either one of the funniest things I’ve read on here having heard people make this exact flub countless times...or is just marvelously incorrect.

We are NOT!

5 hours ago, TobusRex said:

Bull****. Rumor mill has it that Mr Carr wants to be able to read when he's finished with college! 

So Iowa State doesn't require reading as an admission prerequisite?

On 4/9/2021 at 1:44 PM, portajohn said:

They wish they had the historic Palestra and Franklin Field! 

5 hours ago, Elevator said:

They wish they had the historic Palestra and Franklin Field! 

The only thing historic about PSU football is the tiny number of championships :D OU laid waste to their dreams back in '85 :D 

11 hours ago, TobusRex said:

The only thing historic about PSU football is the tiny number of championships :D OU laid waste to their dreams back in '85 :D 

Franklin Field in West Philadelphia was the venue for back to back Ivy Championships!

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/09/penn-football-ivy-league-title-look-back-1985

OU was lucky that did not have to play that year in Franklin Field or they would have gone down!

Edited by Elevator

1 hour ago, Elevator said:

Franklin Field in West Philadelphia was the venue for an undefeated football season and back t0 back Ivy Championship!

https://www.thedp.com/article/2020/09/penn-football-ivy-league-title-look-back-1985

OU was lucky that did not have to play that year in Franklin Field or they would have gone down!

LOL, got PENN and PSU mixed up! Pathetic me. Last I heard of Penn an Okie wrestler ranked #1 at 220# went up there and disappeared completely. He looked bad in the few matches he wrestled, anyway. 

Edited by TobusRex

On 4/10/2021 at 9:06 PM, TobusRex said:

1982 National champions

1986 National champions 

1994 Undefeated 

2005 Big ten champions 

2008 Big ten champions 

2016 Big ten champions 

How many does Iowa have outside of 1985?

54 minutes ago, Welcome1 said:

1982 National champions

1986 National champions 

1994 Undefeated 

2005 Big ten champions 

2008 Big ten champions 

2016 Big ten champions 

How many does Iowa have outside of 1985?

Iowa?  You may want to look closer at who you responded to.  I know your hate for Iowa is so strong that you are often blinded, but Mr. Rex is NOT an Iowa guy in any way, shape or form!

Edited to add:  This may help you understand:  

Claimed national titles: 7 (1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000)
Unclaimed national titles: 11 (1915, 1949, 1953, 1957, 1967, 1973, 1978, 1980, 1986, 2003, 2008)
Edited by MSU158

12 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Iowa?  You may want to look closer at who you responded to.  I know your hate for Iowa is so strong that you are often blinded, but Mr. Rex is NOT an Iowa guy in any way, shape or form!

Edited to add:  This may help you understand:  

Claimed national titles: 7 (1950, 1955, 1956, 1974, 1975, 1985, 2000)
Unclaimed national titles: 11 (1915, 1949, 1953, 1957, 1967, 1973, 1978, 1980, 1986, 2003, 2008)

1974 and 1975 are asterisks...they were on probation, and I don't hate Iowa. You, on the other hand, have had a raging hate woody for PSU for the past 5 years at least.

Edited by Welcome1