7 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

He’ll be wrestling some guys that were in middle school and elementary school when he first got to college 

That would happen any time a 5th year guy wrestles a true freshman now.

11 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

That would happen any time a 5th year guy wrestles a true freshman now.

If Kem wrestles a true freshman that kid would have been in 5th grade when Kem got to Iowa 

Edited by Antitroll2828

5 minutes ago, AnklePicker said:

So what, he wants to win a national title and enjoys what he’s doing.  More power to him. I like it. Makes the team race more interesting next year. 

He was the same HS class as Mark Hall, Zahid Valencia, and Myles Martin, who have all moved on.  You'd think at some point he would want to compete against guys his own age if he's gonna keep wrestling.

Just now, ShakaAloha said:

He was the same HS class as Mark Hall, Zahid Valencia, and Myles Martin, who have all moved on.  You'd think at some point he would want to compete against guys his own age if he's gonna keep wrestling.

So played out at this point. I'm sure you're going to be complaining when Michael Beard and Joe Lee do the same thing.

3 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Nah, id stay and beat up the young'ns as long as I could.

That was a really fun way to announce his decision. Got a kick out of it. 

To echo other posters, I sure hope that the folks griping about the super seniors taking advantage of the extra year remain consistent when this year's freshmen come back for their 5th NCAAs. 

Pretty damn funny.  Love that he is embracing the comedic aspect of this.  Good sense of humor.

But I am in the camp of ... time to move on.  But he is not me.  His life.  

I don't think I could do 7 years myself, but kudos to Kemerer and anyone else who takes advantage of any remaining eligibility. How often do you hear someone post college (or even post high school) talk about how much they miss wrestling and how they would do anything to get another year? Well, Kemerer is the living embodiment of this. Sure, he could still wrestle freestyle, but I'm not sure that's the same as wrestling for a team like Iowa and being around all your buddies day in and day out.

1 hour ago, nom said:

Pretty damn funny.  Love that he is embracing the comedic aspect of this.  Good sense of humor.

But I am in the camp of ... time to move on.  But he is not me.  His life.  

I agree. It is damn funny.

As far as the rest, I don't care much. I'd lean toward 'time to move on.' But chances at an international future seem slight, so what the hek - one more ride. It won't be boring to watch.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

It’s a balance between the cost of losing a year of income and career opportunities — and delaying things like buying a home and perhaps starting a family — and the benefit of enjoying another NCAA season.

Hopefully these fifth-, sixth-, and seventh-year students are working on useful master’s or professional degrees. That would be a smart way to compete while simultaneously improving themselves. 

Here's my question...what classes could any of these 7th year college students have to take to complete their degrees?  Unless they're in a master's program or a specific professional degree program, what could they possibly have left to take?  Tommy Boy anyone?

Tommy:
Did you hear I graduated?

Richard Hayden:
Yeah and just a shade under a decade too, all right.

Tommy:
You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.

Richard Hayden:
I know, they're called doctors.

So when does it also become discerning to some when "old guys" are wrestling the young studs on the Sr. circuit??  Do you guys complain about that?

I have no problem with Kem coming back...I actually like watching him wrestle even if it is for Iowa, mostly because he doesn't do the stupid tough guy routine the brands seem to coach (problem is I see Carter widening the gap next year so probably no natty next year either for KemDog).  An 18 year old wrestling a 7th year college wrestler is no different to me than a 19 year old college student wrestling a 30 something freestyler to go to the Olympics (for some reason some of you see a problem with the first part but not the later).