Bronco

Shane Griffith's top 3 transfer schools

7 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

FRL guys said it was down to Michigan and North Carolina. Both make sense in terms of academics. Penn State is obviously a wrestling choice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gotcha! Good for him. 

North Carolina (as in the state) is great. He'd be a hammer in the ACC, and if the rumors hold true of him going up to 174 then we could see him vs Hidlay what - 5x?

Edited by iGranby

22 minutes ago, iGranby said:

Gotcha! Good for him. 

North Carolina (as in the state) is great. He'd be a hammer in the ACC, and if the rumors hold true of him going up to 174 then we could see him vs Hidlay what - 5x?

With a couple of realistic transfers, 174 could go from the worst weight class in the ACC to the best.

Hidlay, Griffith, Mekhi, McNally, Cody Howard, Finesilver

Just now, DBHoops said:

With a couple of realistic transfers, 174 could go from the worst weight class in the ACC to the best.

For sure. The ACC is so good man. Its really exciting to watch 

38 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

FRL guys said it was down to Michigan and North Carolina. Both make sense in terms of academics. Penn State is obviously a wrestling choice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If academics are the driving force, I wonder what graduate degree he's going to get. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Michigan MBA

I know i'm speaking to a pastry here, but if this is true that would be really impressive.  He'll go through 5 years of college and receive a bachelors + MBA. I think he will even have 1 year left of eligibility on top of that. The guys in the ivy league are forced to withdraw from school to retain their eligibility, so just get a bachelors degree from their 6-7 years.  It really highlights what a shame it is to lose a program like Stanford that can offer both elite academics and the benefits of a D1 redshirt. 

I'm curious to see what they do if Stanford manages to save the program at the last minute. The guys rushing to graduate early who've spent the last several months talking to other teams and making all the plans to move on, like Griffth and Woods. Do they stay at Stanford or do they transfer regardless?

Edited by BlueWolverine

16 minutes ago, BlueWolverine said:

I'm curious to see what they do if Stanford manages to save the program at the last minute. The guys rushing to graduate early who've spent the last several months talking to other teams and making all the plans to move on, like Griffth and Woods. Do they stay at Stanford or do they transfer regardless?

Yeah - it is hard to say. The Stanford HC said Shane is currently training with the team, and al indications seem to be that they would all prefer to stay at Stanford. 

1 hour ago, Idaho said:

Who all is returning for Michigan? They could  be a force with Griffith in the lineup. 

Plus Micic back at 133. If Massa and Amine come back and don't choke at NCAAs, could MI be a threat to IA for the title?

North Carolina's starter at 165 lbs this past season was Kenny Monday (a RS Senior in 2021).  I have not heard if he plans to return for 2022.  Monday went 8-7 this year and is ranked # 23 nationally at 165 lbs by WrestleStat.  Monday did qualify for the NCAA tournament this year but went 1-2 at same.  One of his two NCAA losses was in SV OT to Michigan's Cameron Amine.   Also Shane Griffith beat Monday 9-4 during the 2020 wrestling season (on 11-16-2019) during the North Carolina vs Stanford dual match.

Michigan's starter at 165 lbs this past season was Cameron Amine (a RS Freshman in 2021) who went 14-4 this year and is ranked # 14 nationally at 165 lbs by WrestleStat.  Amine placed 7th at 165 lbs at the 2021 NCAA championships (winning by Forfeit over Anthony Valencia of Arizona State in the 7th place match)

Penn State's starter at 165 lbs this past season was Joe Lee (a RS Freshman in 2021) who went 6-7 this year and is ranked # 34 nationally at 165 lbs by WrestleStat.  Lee went 0-2 at the 2021 NCAA championships at 165 lbs.

Edited by Bronco

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

North Carolina's starter at 165 lbs this past season was Kenny Monday (a RS Senior in 2021).  I have not heard if he plans to return for 2022.  Monday went 8-7 this year and is ranked # 23 nationally at 165 lbs by WrestleStat.  Monday did qualify for the NCAA tournament this year but went 1-2 at same.  One of his two NCAA losses was in SV OT to Michigan's Cameron Amine.   Also Shane Griffith beat Monday 9-4 during the 2020 wrestling season (on 11-16-2019) during the North Carolina vs Stanford dual match.

Michigan's starter at 165 lbs this past season was Cameron Amine (a RS Freshman in 2021) who went 14-4 this year and is ranked # 14 nationally at 165 lbs by WrestleStat.  Amine placed 7th at 165 lbs at the 2021 NCAA championships (winning by Forfeit over Anthony Valencia of Arizona State in the 7th place match)

Penn State's starter at 165 lbs this past season was Joe Lee (a RS Freshman in 2021) who went 6-7 this year and is ranked # 34 nationally at 165 lbs by WrestleStat.  Lee went 0-2 at the 2021 NCAA championships at 165 lbs.

Griffith would probably have to stay at 165 if he went to Penn State. I don't see anywhere for their upperweights to go, unless Beard exited the lineup for some reason.

18 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

As much as I'd love to have guys like Shane and Real come in and light things up for the Wolverines, I'd rather see them succeed at getting their program reinstated, along with all the other sports Stanford dropped.

Me as well.

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Plus Micic back at 133. If Massa and Amine come back and don't choke at NCAAs, could MI be a threat to IA for the title?

If Myles Amine does come back it would probably help the Wolverine lineup if he went 184.  I expect he could make it  and as it isn't an Olympic year he may be less averse to cutting 5lbs below his freestyle weight.  This would allow them to get Pat Brucki into the lineup at 197.  If Griffith chooses Michigan there will be a log jam at 165 & 174 if Massa also chooses to return. Micic coming back would be a huge plus for their lineup - they could compete with Iowa & PSU for the top spot if thing shake out right.

4 hours ago, DBHoops said:

Has Mekhi stated he's going up to 174? I missed that if he did.