Perry

Max Dean Leaving Cornell?

Flo reporting today that both deans are likely going somewhere in MI. If Michigan can land Dean their lineup at the upper weights could go amine, Griffith, Dean, brucki, parris. Pretty salty row of talent right there if a couple things fall into place. 

1 minute ago, Perry said:

Flo reporting today that both deans are likely going somewhere in MI. If Michigan can land Dean their lineup at the upper weights could go amine, Griffith, Dean, brucki, parris. Pretty salty row of talent right there if a couple things fall into place. 

National champ and national finalist transferring in = "a couple things falling into place"

11 minutes ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

I would think Real Woods would is in play for them, too. Three of his high school teammates are on the roster and the academics match up.

"...and the academics match up."  US News & World Report and every other college ranking disagree.

Just now, Fletcher said:

"...and the academics match up."  US News & World Report and every other college ranking disagree.

Nice one, dude. I was saying that the academics "match-up" because UMich has some of the best academics of all the top D1 wrestling programs for him (he can't go to an Ivy as a grad student). Congrats on being the semantics police, though. 

51 minutes ago, DBHoops said:

National champ and national finalist transferring in = "a couple things falling into place"

I think he means a couple things have to fall into place after those transfers. Like Amine not choking and losing his left eye.

If Amine comes back, Dean would have to take a RS.

Strange that Max Dean, NCAA finalist, is losing his spot to Foca and wouldn't be the starter at plenty of other schools at 184 right now.

I think he would be, at best, a 7-8th place guy next year.

People I'd rank above him:

Brooks, Amine***, Hidlay, Bolen, Poznanski, DePrez, Keckeisen, Foca.

1 hour ago, VakAttack said:

Based on Gabe's tweets, it seems like there might be some bad blood.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I wonder if it's between him and Koll, or his little brother and Koll (Foca).

Ithaca probably isn't the worst place in the world to live, and he probably makes a decent living there as an assistant coach.

Edited by Le duke

3 hours ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

Their dad, Dave Dean, spent several years as an assistant coach for MSU along with Roger Chandler and the kids grew up around the program. I believe Dave and Roger have also been involved in a number of ventures together. Makes you wonder.

This would be interesting.  MSU seems to be headed in the right direction and that would certainly be a shot in the arm.  Would Gabe Dean come in as a college assistant?  Not a bad guy to have in the room and it probably would help recruiting.  

3 hours ago, lurk_nowitzki said:

Nice one, dude. I was saying that the academics "match-up" because UMich has some of the best academics of all the top D1 wrestling programs for him (he can't go to an Ivy as a grad student). Congrats on being the semantics police, though. 

I'm fueled by nothing other than jealousy.....since none of these guys are choosing to go to Northwestern instead.

2 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Why isn't it as simple as Max getting beat and not having a weight in which to start? Maybe I'm missing, something but where is there evidence of bad blood or drama?

You know that isn't necessary around here.

6 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Why isn't it as simple as Max getting beat and not having a weight in which to start? Maybe I'm missing, something but where is there evidence of bad blood or drama?

I would think this depends heavily on whether or not Gabe is staying.  If he is leaving as well, I would think it has a LOT more to do with things other than Max not fitting into the lineup........

13 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Who beat him?

4 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I would think this depends heavily on whether or not Gabe is staying.  If he is leaving as well, I would think it has a LOT more to do with things other than Max not fitting into the lineup........

Not sure about that... obviously time will tell, but those two brothers have a very strong bond and I have heard Gabe speak several times to how he lives to help Max achieve his goals.