Perry

Max Dean Leaving Cornell?

1 minute ago, MSU158 said:

I would think this depends heavily on whether or not Gabe is staying.  If he is leaving as well, I would think it has a LOT more to do with things other than Max not fitting into the lineup........

Hard to think what else it could be, its not traditional scholarship situation so I don't think they are rationing $...

As far as timing goes it seems like this is connected to the trials, wonder if that's a coincidence.

12 minutes ago, NonspecificJargon said:

Not sure about that... obviously time will tell, but those two brothers have a very strong bond and I have heard Gabe speak several times to how he lives to help Max achieve his goals. 

Tight bond or not, it is VERY difficult to leave a job at your Alma Mater to just follow your brother to a different school where you may very well not be allowed in the room anyway....It's not like a package deal would be guaranteed.  Even RTC's are very limited so that would drop an MSU type right out of the running.  Logistically speaking, leaving solely because his brother may not fit into the lineup doesn't make much sense to me......

9 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Tight bond or not, it is VERY difficult to leave a job at your Alma Mater to just follow your brother to a different school where you may very well not be allowed in the room anyway....It's not like a package deal would be guaranteed.  Even RTC's are very limited so that would drop an MSU type right out of the running.  Logistically speaking, leaving solely because his brother may not fit into the lineup doesn't make much sense to me......

unless they screwed him over somehow....but hard to imagine how that would be.

6 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

unless they screwed him over somehow....but hard to imagine how that would be.

Yep, that is what I meant by doubting it was solely because Max couldn't break back into the lineup.  Some questionable politics or some type of disagreement is much more likely to have caused a "falling out".  

it's funny it was supposed to be Foca - Dean - Darmstadt but Foca (delaying a year and probably preferring 184) and Cardenas are probably making that a real traffic jam. reminds me of when the Rasheed Wallace freshman class is rumored to have consistently beaten the veteran Eric Montross UNC national championship team in practice.

Edited by ugarte

1 hour ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Why isn't it as simple as Max getting beat and not having a weight in which to start? Maybe I'm missing, something but where is there evidence of bad blood or drama?

It could be, but my antennae always go up when people are being cryptic.

Edited by VakAttack

wonder if the ivy league is being cagey about fall sports already* and the deans decided they've had enough? but i saw someone on twitter say that dean didn't wear the SCRTC singlet at OTT so who knows what the real answer is? could mean the falling out was before OTT?

* lol to the fake article thread but i swear i hadn't seen that yet. i know that a lot of ivy athletes were really pissed off about this current year, not to mention that rob koll was pretty clearly upset about it at OTT.

Edited by ugarte

1 minute ago, ugarte said:

wonder if the ivy league is being cagey about fall sports already and the deans decided they've had enough? but i saw someone on twitter say that dean didn't wear the SCRTC singlet at OTT so who knows what the real answer is? could mean the falling out was before OTT?

then why all the innuendo?

Well, whatever it is, I hope it doesn’t affect Dake’s preparation for Olympic gold. Losing your main training partner can really throw off your training.

I’m guessing Dake will be spending a good chunk of time in State College the next few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ConnorsDad said:

I just watched the match from the last chance qualifier. I don't think you can get any information from that match on how they would do in folkstyle, imo.

i saw it live and felt the same thing - Foca is funky and won a few key freestle positions.  I do not think he is exiting to get in a lineup.  Could be economic - Cornell does not give athletic aid.  He may also simply wish to graduate and take some scholarship $$ for grad school.   Nothing wrong with that.

2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

The omission of Cornell is interesting. No problem with Spartan, things are great with them (and only them?)....

He didn't omit Cornell.  His post literally said, "Spartan Combat has done nothing but help the Cornell program and there is no animosity."

Sounds like the Deans had a fallingout with Koll.