Jump to content
Perry

Max Dean Leaving Cornell?

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Don't you think there's a better than 95% probability that wrestlers will need to be vaccinated in order to compete in 2022 conference tourneys and NCAAs? 

Having read the comments on Flo now, it looks to me like it was more about the possibility of the Ivy League cancelling another season than about the vaccine, which didn't help either. In other words, if he's willing to switch schools halfway into his already very established career to ensure he gets to wrestle, I highly doubt he'll decide to switch schools and then, if forced to vaccinate to compete, decide not to compete because he thinks his future kids will have three heads due to the vaccine.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don't you think there's a better than 95% probability that wrestlers will need to be vaccinated in order to compete in 2022 conference tourneys and NCAAs? 
 
No

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

Don't you think there's a better than 95% probability that wrestlers will need to be vaccinated in order to compete in 2022 conference tourneys and NCAAs? 

 

I would think so, but I gather the NCAA has not said so. That may be because it's still difficult for 22 year-olds to get the vaccine. But if it becomes readily available, as it likely will, the NCAA may require it just as it requires the absence of skin diseases and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Having read the comments on Flo now, it looks to me like it was more about the possibility of the Ivy League cancelling another season than about the vaccine, which didn't help either. In other words, if he's willing to switch schools halfway into his already very established career to ensure he gets to wrestle, I highly doubt he'll decide to switch schools and then, if forced to vaccinate to compete, decide not to compete because he thinks his future kids will have three heads due to the vaccine.

Nobody is stupid enough to not get vaccinated against a pandemic virus that has killed over 500,000 in the US and nearly 3 Million worldwide and is actually gaining steam again after a brief slowdown, and is starting to spread and infect more.

Seriously. Nobody can possibly be that stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nobody is stupid enough to not get vaccinated against a pandemic virus that has killed over 500,000 in the US and nearly 3 Million worldwide and is actually gaining steam again after a brief slowdown, and is starting to spread and infect more.
Seriously. Nobody can possibly be that stupid.
Lemming post of the year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2021 at 11:51 PM, Downtown Brown said:

Haven’t seen the real reason yet. But like GD said it will prevail. Michigan or Michigan State is the question for me. Roger and Dave go way back. Michigan is definitely the stronger program of the two right now. 

I personally would love to see a great guy and talent like Gabe Dean go to MSU as a coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, NJDan said:

I would think so, but I gather the NCAA has not said so. That may be because it's still difficult for 22 year-olds to get the vaccine. But if it becomes readily available, as it likely will, the NCAA may require it just as it requires the absence of skin diseases and such.

The NCAA mandated that wrestlers, coaches, and staff be tested for Covid three times each week during the season.  One vaccination is cheaper than three tests and lasts a lot longer.  By November there will be vaccines available for all.  Doesn't make sense to keep testing when you can just require proof of vaccination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RED said:

If ever there was a time where one should sign up for the forum at Bigredbears.com, it would be now!

Looks like they didn’t really have any more inside info there.  Although I guess it’s good if they don’t delete threads when they get off track.

I saw there was a tweet claiming Gabe “refused” to wear a Spartan Combat singlet at the Last Chance, but after Gabe’s follow up tweet not sure if there was actually any truth to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Drew87 said:

I’m talking about a vax debate señor william

If the reason he is transferring is because Cornell is requiring vaccines (as Koll suggested), then those circumstances are worth discussing. Like I said, it’s very easy to avoid certain threads. I’m not sure why that discussion bothers you.

Edited by Billyhoyle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

If the reason he is transferring is because Cornell is requiring vaccines (as Koll suggested), then those circumstances are worth discussing. Like I said, it’s very easy to avoid certain threads. I’m not sure why that discussion bothers you.

Are there vaccine resisters leaving Cornell? Seriously? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

Most of you folks have taken Koll's bait.  Read what Dean wrote - not what Koll had to say.

"I want to publicly make a statement that the news being generated right now has nothing to do with Spartan or Spartan Combat at all. Spartan Combat has done nothing but help the Cornell program and there is no animosity. I have greatly appreciated all their support."

How does that in any way contradict what Koll said in the Flo intervew?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, klehner said:

"I want to publicly make a statement that the news being generated right now has nothing to do with Spartan or Spartan Combat at all. Spartan Combat has done nothing but help the Cornell program and there is no animosity. I have greatly appreciated all their support."

How does that in any way contradict what Koll said in the Flo intervew?

You left out another twitter posting by Dean from even date:

"The truth of why this is all happening will eventually prevail.  It always does."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BigTimeFan said:

Are there vaccine resisters leaving Cornell? Seriously? 

Koll listed Cornell’s vaccine mandate as one of the contributing factors for Dean leaving. 
 

The other was the potential for the ivies to cancel the season next year, but ironically vaccine mandates throughout the Ivy League will be the exact reason the seasons will not be canceled. 

8 minutes ago, klehner said:

"I want to publicly make a statement that the news being generated right now has nothing to do with Spartan or Spartan Combat at all. Spartan Combat has done nothing but help the Cornell program and there is no animosity. I have greatly appreciated all their support."

How does that in any way contradict what Koll said in the Flo intervew?

It doesn’t. And I don’t recall Koll ever being dishonest. There are questions as to whether he was throwing Dean under the bus by making him appear to be an anti- vaxxer, but I personally have zero problem with it. Some think vaccine choice is a personal decision that a coach shouldn’t share, but I don’t take any issue with Koll defending the reputation of his program by revealing this contributing factor for the transfer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

If the reason he is transferring is because Cornell is requiring vaccines (as Koll suggested), then those circumstances are worth discussing. Like I said, it’s very easy to avoid certain threads. I’m not sure why that discussion bothers you.

as someone who agrees with you on this issue completely, the conversation here always goes off the rails and the threads get locked or deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klehner said:

"I want to publicly make a statement that the news being generated right now has nothing to do with Spartan or Spartan Combat at all. Spartan Combat has done nothing but help the Cornell program and there is no animosity. I have greatly appreciated all their support."

How does that in any way contradict what Koll said in the Flo intervew?

If Koll’s statement is true, Dean could have easily added “coach Koll” and/or “the Cornell wrestling team” to his list of things that were NOT the reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

Koll listed Cornell’s vaccine mandate as one of the contributing factors for Dean leaving. 
 

The other was the potential for the ivies to cancel the season next year, but ironically vaccine mandates throughout the Ivy League will be the exact reason the seasons will not be canceled. 

Ha, great point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

If the reason he is transferring is because Cornell is requiring vaccines (as Koll suggested), then those circumstances are worth discussing. Like I said, it’s very easy to avoid certain threads. I’m not sure why that discussion bothers you.

a bit late in responding, but to be clear the discussion doesnt bother me one bit, a rather large and informative thread got derailed by the topic and subsequently deleted within the past 48 hours, and I’d like to avoid that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...