Perry

Max Dean Leaving Cornell?

17 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Lemming post of the year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Do you even know what a lemming is?

They are those little guys who stubbornly stick to what they know, and don't think critically enough in a new scenario to take action to protect their well being.

It doesn't take a genius to solve this puzzle - even you could give it a shot.

Edited by GreatWhiteNorth

3 hours ago, GreatWhiteNorth said:

Do you even know what a lemming is?

They are those little guys who stubbornly stick to what they know, and don't think critically enough in a new scenario to take action to protect their well being.

It doesn't take a genius to solve this puzzle - even you could give it a shot.

For people who don't know what a Lemming is: 

Google says that... Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier attended the University of Michigan School of Public Health. It is interesting that the University of Michigan Alumni Association does not list Papa Doc among its famous or infamous alumni. The Association also does not list another infamous honorary degree alumnus, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, late Shah of Iran. Here are the infamous alumni on the Michigan Alumni Association list:

Infamous Alumni

DR. HARVEY CRIPPEN, 1883, killed his wife and buried her in the cellar of their home.

HERMAN WEBSTER MUDGETT, MD1884, is believed to be America’s first serial killer.

RICHARD A. LOEB’22, he and his friend Nathan Leopold, tried to commit the perfect murder in killing 14-year-old Bobby Franks, but their carelessness eventually led to their arrest.

JOHN LIST, ’50, MBA’50, murdered his mother, wife and three children, left a written confession and disappeared for 18 years.

JACK KEVORKIAN, MD’52, MDres’58, known as “Dr. Death” for his role in assisted suicides, was tried and acquitted several times before being convicted of second-degree murder and sent to prison.

JOHN Z. DELOREAN, MBA’57, president of the DeLorean Motor Company, was caught in an FBI cocaine sting operation that led to a high profile trial for federal fraud and racketeering related to money he stole from the company.

JOHN BUETTNER-JANUSCH, PhD’57, was convicted of making and selling LSD and methaqualone and was sentenced to five years. In 1987, he was charged with sending poisoned candy to the judge in the drug case.

TED KACZYNSKI, MA’64, PhD’ 67, began sending bombs around the country, targeting mainly universities and airlines. After more than 15 years with few clues, he finally was caught when his own brother recognized his peculiar phrasing from the published “Unabomber’s Manifesto.”

CAROLYN WARMUS, ’86, was accused of killing her lover’s wife, and her trial became known in the press as the “fatal attraction” murder case.

https://www.roadbikereview.com/threads/infamous-alumni.238424/

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

19 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

JOHN Z. DELOREAN, MBA’57, president of the DeLorean Motor Company, was caught in an FBI cocaine sting operation that led to a high profile trial for federal fraud and racketeering related to money he stole from the company.

But what a movie he helped give us!

51 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Marty...do you even f***ing wrestle?

I worked with a guy who went to Michigan for undergrad and grad school.  Would proudly tell us how he was rooting for the U.S. to lose in Olympic competitions.  Strange dude.

3 hours ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Google says that... Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier attended the University of Michigan School of Public Health. It is interesting that the University of Michigan Alumni Association does not list Papa Doc among its famous or infamous alumni. The Association also does not list another infamous honorary degree alumnus, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, late Shah of Iran. Here are the infamous alumni on the Michigan Alumni Association list:

Infamous Alumni

DR. HARVEY CRIPPEN, 1883, killed his wife and buried her in the cellar of their home.

HERMAN WEBSTER MUDGETT, MD1884, is believed to be America’s first serial killer.

RICHARD A. LOEB’22, he and his friend Nathan Leopold, tried to commit the perfect murder in killing 14-year-old Bobby Franks, but their carelessness eventually led to their arrest.

JOHN LIST, ’50, MBA’50, murdered his mother, wife and three children, left a written confession and disappeared for 18 years.

JACK KEVORKIAN, MD’52, MDres’58, known as “Dr. Death” for his role in assisted suicides, was tried and acquitted several times before being convicted of second-degree murder and sent to prison.

JOHN BUETTNER-JANUSCH, PhD’57, was convicted of making and selling LSD and methaqualone and was sentenced to five years. In 1987, he was charged with sending poisoned candy to the judge in the drug case.

TED KACZYNSKI, MA’64, PhD’ 67, began sending bombs around the country, targeting mainly universities and airlines. After more than 15 years with few clues, he finally was caught when his own brother recognized his peculiar phrasing from the published “Unabomber’s Manifesto.”

CAROLYN WARMUS, ’86, was accused of killing her lover’s wife, and her trial became known in the press as the “fatal attraction” murder case.

https://www.roadbikereview.com/threads/infamous-alumni.238424/

Damn, UM cranking out criminals and madmen like it's going out of style!

On 4/10/2021 at 1:53 PM, 1032004 said:

Looks like they didn’t really have any more inside info there.  Although I guess it’s good if they don’t delete threads when they get off track.

I saw there was a tweet claiming Gabe “refused” to wear a Spartan Combat singlet at the Last Chance, but after Gabe’s follow up tweet not sure if there was actually any truth to that.

Did the other guys from Spartan have  team singlets? I don't recall seeing that on any of them.

11 hours ago, DanGerMan said:

Did the other guys from Spartan have  team singlets? I don't recall seeing that on any of them.

there were a lot of spartan singlets. in retrospect i don't think gabe not wearing one was especially meaningful beyond already having decided to move on.

koll posted at bigredbears.com that gabe has decided to leave coaching entirely, so michigan (or msu) apparently isn't getting a BOGO deal.

Edited by ugarte

5 minutes ago, ugarte said:

there were a lot of spartan singlets. in retrospect i don't think gabe not wearing one was especially meaningful beyond already having decided to move on.

Didn't he wear it at OTT though?

Edited by 1032004

2 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Didn't he wear it at OTT though?

yeah but who knows when the decision was made. phrasing it as a "refusal" makes it sound like there is bad blood rather than a handshake departure.

20 minutes ago, ugarte said:

koll posted at bigredbears.com that gabe has decided to leave coaching entirely, so michigan (or msu) apparently isn't getting a BOGO deal.

Is Gabe Dean the minister in our future?

22 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Or maybe he’s “leaving coaching” the way a few athletes have “retired” in the past year

19 minutes ago, ugarte said:

yeah but who knows when the decision was made. phrasing it as a "refusal" makes it sound like there is bad blood rather than a handshake departure.

I guess my point was OTT was after Last Chance, so seems odd that he would "refuse" to wear it at Last Chance but then wear it at OTT.   So basically I'm not reading much into the singlet thing.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:15 PM, witwhiz said:

I worked with a guy who went to Michigan for undergrad and grad school.  Would proudly tell us how he was rooting for the U.S. to lose in Olympic competitions.  Strange dude.

Was he associated with their current RTC?

1 hour ago, Drew87 said:

Or maybe he’s “leaving coaching” the way a few athletes have “retired” in the past year

Koll specifically said he left coaching to go work with his father. Not sure what the family business is these days. Probably still wrestling-related.