2 hours ago, BTC said:

I always thought of kinesiology as a throw away degree that many big time college athletes take. 

Same, required to take a degree so they take one they likely know pretty darn well already just from injuries and training over the years.

20 hours ago, BTC said:

I always thought of kinesiology as a throw away degree that many big time college athletes take. 

General Studies or Criminal Justice are majors many D1 athletes take. In some schools, kinesiology is a science driven curriculum and it’s not for those seeking an easy route. Anyway, we all know guys that took the easy path, minored in partying, barely graduated, and “kicked butt” in the business world. 

6 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

General Studies or Criminal Justice are majors many D1 athletes take. In some schools, kinesiology is a science driven curriculum and it’s not for those seeking an easy route. Anyway, we all know guys that took the easy path, minored in partying, barely graduated, and “kicked butt” in the business world. 

Absolute facts, there are plenty of broke harvard grads and plenty of rich folks who never went to college. College doesn't guarantee anything, just allows you to maybe choose more permutations of how you tackle adulthood, so long as it isn’t egregiously expensive.  

Kinesiology can be used as pre med and can help become a Sports Medicine Doctor, Dr of Chiropractic, Physical Therapist, along with many other options.  Obviously, these require further schooling but it's not an easy major and a 4.0 along with his wrestling commitments is quite impressive.

9 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

Kinesiology can be used as pre med and can help become a Sports Medicine Doctor, Dr of Chiropractic, Physical Therapist, along with many other options.  Obviously, these require further schooling but it's not an easy major and a 4.0 along with his wrestling commitments is quite impressive.

Chiropractic? No respectable school offers a degree in Chiro anything.  No Ivy, no Big 10, no SEC, no ACC, no anywhere respected.  

27 minutes ago, Maximus Meridius said:

Chiropractic? No respectable school offers a degree in Chiro anything.  No Ivy, no Big 10, no SEC, no ACC, no anywhere respected.  

Helps you become a bone cracker.

1 hour ago, Maximus Meridius said:

1 hour ago, southend said:

Helps you become a bone cracker.

Are you saying Chiropractic isn't all it's cracked up to be?

Some highlights from ASUs Kinesiology program (my alma mater)

-General Bio 1&2

-General Chem 1&2

-General physics 1&2

-human anatomy & physiology 1&2

-microbiology

-organic chemistry 1

-biomechanics

-functional anatomy

-physiology of exercise

-abnormal psychology

Far more science intensive than one may have realized. 

Some highlights from ASUs Kinesiology program (my alma mater)
-General Bio 1&2
-General Chem 1&2
-General physics 1&2
-human anatomy & physiology 1&2
-microbiology
-organic chemistry 1
-biomechanics
-functional anatomy
-physiology of exercise
-abnormal psychology

Far more science intensive than one may have realized. 

This looks a lot like my undergrad coursework. That physics 2, organic chemistry, A&P 2, and philosophy semester while wrestling still gives me nightmares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big pharma hates chiropractors. They help people without addictive, harmful drugs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Big pharma hates chiropractors. They help people without addictive, harmful drugs.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

This is an interesting angle on the topic.

On 4/13/2021 at 12:12 AM, gowrestle said:

It’s a jobs program for those that don’t want to leave college and become professors. 

Dang, that's funny.  And, that's coming from someone with a BS and MS in Physics and PhD in Applied Math.  (All technically under Liberal Arts, but don't tell anybody.)

17 hours ago, pennsyrules said:

Just spelling it is not easy. I'd say it's the HARDEST major to spell.