Any ideas yet on who we might see as the front runners at these weights?

61--Nashon, Graff, Gross, Colon -- Any way McKenna can make it?

70--Pantaleo, Green

79--Mark Hall, Zahid?

92--Does Cox re-emerge here or too much pride.  Can he make the weight = ).

61 - I would have to think that Nashon, Gross and Colon are the current front runners.  I wouldn't discount RBY if he makes an appearance as well.

70 - I am really liking Pantaleo at this weight this time around.  He was simply too small for 74kg, and got horsed a bit in some positions.  At 70kg, I think he does more of the "horsing".

79 - I'm calling Zahid for this weight.  Hall, until further notice, is no longer a top tier consideration in my book, until he starts putting up the W's again.

92 - Kollin Moore.  

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Cox said in his post trials interview he was preparing for either Olympics or worlds depending on how decision goes. 

The question is which weight, which even he won't know until after the Olympics.

If Snyder medals, he is automatically our rep at 97 kg for the worlds a couple of months later. Cox is then forced to go to 92 kg to make this year's World team. Next year, assuming the 2022 WTT will be the same format as OTT this year, he can try to win the spot from Snyder. 

61 - Joey can't make this weight. RBY told me he's going to try to make the team for this year's worlds at 61. I thought Daton might be a candidate to go up in 'off' years as 1) he's had a tough cut in the past and 2) he looked big in STL. But he really did a great job this time. he made weight the night before and was very obviously better in the second period vs Vito so no fatigue. I think we've seen the last of Colon. pretty sure he's gonna fight. 

70 - IDK if Pantaleo will win the spot but he will damn sure be in the mix. can't make 65 and too small for 74, he's a classic tweener. Beat JO at Flo event (4-4 iirc). I also wonder if David Carr can make it.

79 - what was the last comments from Ringer? staying up or can he make 79 still? Dake is gonna medal. I hope JB goes 79. tbh i can't recall if he made any sort of statement about it.

92 - If Kyle medals (and i hope he does), i will be on J'den's front porch begging him to go 92.

70: Agree Pantaleo and Green are very solid contenders. What about Deakin? He is huge, but if he can make 157, he can make 154. Ditto for Carr.

If JO medals (tough weight, but I believe he can if he prepares properly), Yianni will be forced to go 70 kg unless JO decides not to compete at the Worlds this year, which I can't imagine. Yianni would be quite undersized at 70 kg but obviously has the skills to contend.

I've been posting this in other threads, but I hope Nolf cuts to 70 kg. It'd be a big cut, but I think he would be our best option. He can start his descent immediately and has a lot of time to do it right.

@Husker_Du - can you clarify the end of your comment regarding Colon?  We have seen the last of him but he is going to fight?

For all - Can Nick Lee get to 61kg?  May not want to.  But I can see him doing great if he can.  Gross still game?  Will be surprised if Nahshon gets the spot there.

53 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

The question is which weight, which even he won't know until after the Olympics.

If Snyder medals, he is automatically our rep at 97 kg for the worlds a couple of months later. Cox is then forced to go to 92 kg to make this year's World team. Next year, assuming the 2022 WTT will be the same format as OTT this year, he can try to win the spot from Snyder. 

Good point. 
Another question, how many of our Olympian’s do we anticipate to do worlds as well??

If Dake and Taylor both medal, I see the 74 and 86 guys dispersing to the next weight closest to them.

I see Nolf going 79 rather than 70.  Same as Valencia.  I believe Ringer said 86 was his permanent plan, same as Hall.  I think Ringer would sit out in preparation, though rather than make the cut.  79 was getting tough for him to make and he got quite a bit bigger plus layoff.

at 92 I see most 86 kegger gents going as well as most 97 kegger gents that can, will.

I think most, if not all, of the true 65kg guys would go 70.  Deakin and Hidlay may be too big for it now, so 79 or sit out for them, especially with 174 being Hidlay's next plan.  Carr at 70 with his generation of talents is intriguing (Lee, Sasso, etc).

61 is basically the guys too sucked out for 57 or too poofy for 65.  Garrett, Graff, Colon, Gross.  Perhaps Fix and Desanto in there.  Can Eierman or Nick Lee go 61?  I doubt it.  Perhaps guys like Mueller and a few others give it a go for a chance.  

If Gilman doesn't medal, then expect the regular 57 guys to go 57.

1 hour ago, Husker_Du said:

oh. yes, gross too.

I talked to Colon at length at Trials. said he's itching to start fighting. 

JO said this at one point too but just made an Olympic team! I hope Colon gives us one more run at the WTTs for 61 kg. After making the hellacious cut to 57 kg, I'd think 61 kg should not be a problem or require the same amount of sacrifice.

1 minute ago, lu_alum said:

Does Burroughs go 79kg?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the 2021 Worlds, and potentially thereafter, wouldn't it be a no-brainer?

Dake's likely to medal, and the 74 cut, especially with 2 hour weigh-ins, is supposedly pretty difficult anyway.  Not to mention, I think most of us would probably favor him to make the team, and probably win Worlds at 79, no?

Thanks. I finally found a little information, at least when they will be: September 3rd-5th. I vote for Vegas as the location!

I think that's how it works, right? Posters get to vote on it. 

Edited by Obelix

17 hours ago, ShakaAloha said:

Over Cox (assuming Cox makes weight)?

Considering he just missed at 97 kg, yes I think Nickal takes him this time.  Either is a good chance at world gold though.

2 hours ago, Mokoma said:

Considering he just missed at 97 kg, yes I think Nickal takes him this time.  Either is a good chance at world gold though.

Your reading comprehension must be horrifically low. 

Edited by MizzouGrad