headshuck

Undefeated for 4 years of high school

On 4/14/2021 at 2:02 PM, Crotalus said:

Missouri has two. Scott Schatzman (1992-1995) and Jaydin Clayton, now known as Jaydin Eierman (2012-2015).

Ethan Kyle was on his way to being the second in 2002 when he suffered his first loss in the state semifinals his senior year, to Josh Moyer. (Moyer then lost in the finals to Josh Shrum, who dropped out of school and is still in jail for murder.)

Interestingly Josh Moyer gave Ethan Kyle his only loss, his brother Josh Moyer gave TJ Seabolt his only high loss as a Freshman at the Lee’s Summit Tournament. One of the best high school matches I’ve seen. I was hoping to see Seabolt vs Tanner Gardner Shawnee Mission Heights Ks, but they where always a weight class apart. 

On 4/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, Sstern said:

Actually Brent lost to Schlatter at Senior Nat’s.

Metcalf also has 7 Junior and Cadet National titles, 6 of them at the Junior level, and he did beat Schlatter on a same day weigh-in that same year at Medina....I believe Senior Nationals was a one day weigh-in.    just sayin'

On 4/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, Mizzoufan01 said:

Interestingly Josh Moyer gave Ethan Kyle his only loss, his brother Josh Moyer gave TJ Seabolt his only high loss as a Freshman at the Lee’s Summit Tournament. One of the best high school matches I’ve seen. I was hoping to see Seabolt vs Tanner Gardner Shawnee Mission Heights Ks, but they where always a weight class apart. 

You mean Ryan Moyer? Ryan was damn good.

On 4/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, fadzaev2 said:

Metcalf also has 7 Junior and Cadet National titles, 6 of them at the Junior level, and he did beat Schlatter on a same day weigh-in that same year at Medina....I believe Senior Nationals was a one day weigh-in.    just sayin'

Does that change the score?

18 hours ago, Wrestle81 said:

Don't think NY has had anyone

Depends on how you define "Undefeated for 4 years of high school":

Vito Arujau's only folkstyle loss was to Yianni in 8th grade, so he was undefeated his last four years.

Yianni lost three times, but those losses were in 7th grade, as he finished with a 213 match winning streak, going undefeated in 8th/9th/10th/11th grade, famously missing his senior year due to injury.  So, undefeated for four straight years in HS.

Greg Diakomihalis also was undefeated his last four years in HS matches (his senior year started late due to injury, but of course he won the state title that year, too).

Those three have something in common, but I just can't put my finger on it.

3 hours ago, jackwebster said:

I remember that being an ugly match. Could you remind me of the scoring sequences?

No, but it was a close match...seems like they ended up out of bounds a lot.

19 hours ago, klehner said:

Depends on how you define "Undefeated for 4 years of high school":

Vito Arujau's only folkstyle loss was to Yianni in 8th grade, so he was undefeated his last four years.

Yianni lost three times, but those losses were in 7th grade, as he finished with a 213 match winning streak, going undefeated in 8th/9th/10th/11th grade, famously missing his senior year due to injury.  So, undefeated for four straight years in HS.

Greg Diakomihalis also was undefeated his last four years in HS matches (his senior year started late due to injury, but of course he won the state title that year, too).

Those three have something in common, but I just can't put my finger on it.

My conclusion - Cornell has a blind spot when recruiting kids with high school losses.

Edited by Fletcher