jeffrideal

Guerrero stories thread

Children children, play nice, we must share stories of the Californian turned Oklahoman. If you want cess pool discussion go to j’den thread. 

I say this from a places of love not condescension since that would trigger what’s his face who only threw out insults and posted people’s pms 

So.. who’s got EG stories? Or you can be civilized and talk about NATO

the cess pool vibe does not just reside in the cox thread...

we have a entire sub-forum where it bubbles incessantly...

anyway...

i have a few stories, but, i also know a few things that are not as widely known and the sobering events of the last few days on with some chums makes me feel like giving guerrero a break...

i will say this, i was sad to see that glorious mane go the way of the dodo... he was top 3 easy best hair in wrestling for more than few years...

6 minutes ago, LJB said:

the cess pool vibe does not just reside in the cox thread...

we have a entire sub-forum where it bubbles incessantly...

anyway...

i have a few stories, but, i also know a few things that are not as widely known and the sobering events of the last few days on with some chums makes me feel like giving guerrero a break...

i will say this, i was sad to see that glorious mane go the way of the dodo... he was top 3 easy best hair in wrestling for more than few years...

Shrug, trying to keep this thread from devolution lol

1 minute ago, LJB said:

is an entire thread of stories of a guy being a jackass really an evolved thread?

i'm not so sure...

I could make a point about not devolving doesn’t mean the original thing was that evolved to begin with but I see your point 

1 hour ago, Drew87 said:

Anybody have some other real winners to share?

We’re holding off. No need to pile on someone right now. Between some current events, people’s personal stuff and connorsdad passing 

15 minutes ago, jp157 said:

We’re holding off. No need to pile on someone right now. Between some current events, people’s personal stuff and connorsdad passing 

Yeah best not.  Could just call it a day on this thread.

I practiced in the same room with him during high school once or twice. To be clear,  I was in high school, he was in junior high. He was great back then. Had a buddy that lost to him something like 3-5 in a big HS tourney, my buddy has a cracked rib though.  He was just a typical high schooler, some what aloof. His dad was around all the time.  Never a physical specimen, all technique and never say die. He went to a pretty rough HS ( Independence, East San Jose), plenty of legit gang activity. Credit to him for dealing with that stuff. There was plenty of talent there that never made it out.

16 hours ago, wristcontrol said:

I practiced in the same room with him during high school once or twice. To be clear,  I was in high school, he was in junior high. He was great back then. Had a buddy that lost to him something like 3-5 in a big HS tourney, my buddy has a cracked rib though.  He was just a typical high schooler, some what aloof. His dad was around all the time.  Never a physical specimen, all technique and never say die. He went to a pretty rough HS ( Independence, East San Jose), plenty of legit gang activity. Credit to him for dealing with that stuff. There was plenty of talent there that never made it out.

I'm certainly not friends with EG, but my inter-actions with him have always been good.

As for Independence, the Palomino's, Dr. Sanchez, Guerrero and a few others were able to use wrestling to keep them from being swallowed up "into the life", that so many from there (and at schools like Overfelt, Santa Teresa, Silver Creek, etc.) that were hammers as kids - or could have been with the right direction - don't get out of.

Hammers is right.  I remember a ~135 lb kid from Independence who had a head and arm that nobody could counter for some reason.  He also had a huge chest tattoo back when any tattoos were rare, esp for HS kids.  I think he won or took 2nd in CCS as junior, didn't return for senior season, he got "swallowed up" as you say. 

Was hoping Eric would come back from OK and make Fresno, Cal Poly, or even Oregon State a power program.  There could have been a pipeline from Cormier to Guerrero; a chance for the West coast to have great college wrestling.  Save Stanford Wrestling!