Rusty was a longtime contributor to my network and this is heart-breaking. Parents like him make fans out of a lot of people - his support of his son and the path to college made me want to follow Connor and his career. This is never easy, but this one is a gut punch. 

Wow.  What happened?  He was such a nice guy, I mentioned on here two weeks ago that he just randomly messaged me to let me use his Peacock log in when I was complaining on one of the threads I couldn't get signed up to watch OTTs.  He did not know me at all, so it was just an act of true kindness.  Rest well, sir.

Rusty passed of a sudden heart attack. I didn't realize not everyone would be able to see the Instagram post.

His father (Connor's grandfather) was a sports announcer until he passed, and there is a park named after him in Tennessee. Connor's mother Mary requested that any donations be made to a kids sports program in order to contribute to Rusty and his father's commitment to ensuring kids access to athletics. 

Sounds like an awesome family that lost a truly great man.