Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

Parco to ASU?

45 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I wonder how they're going to handle the lineup. Vasquez was ready to slide in at 49. Unless Teemer moves to 65 and Parco goes 57. 

He was really a 141 at FSU and didn't/doesn't cut anything for 149.  157 would be too big for him.

16 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Huge fan. He has serious stones and will try to throw anyone. Very athletic and fun style. Can't wait to see more of him next year. Apparently has a monster in the making little brother. This could be a big move for ASU.

Kid wrestled his nads off, one of the most impressive performances I can remember since tariq taking third as a freshman. 

1 hour ago, RegularStalling said:

Does this mean Zeke is actually considering putting his dear godson Julian Chlebove on the bench? Only way I can see him making the lineup is if Valencia leaves and you have Chlebove, Parco, Vasquez, Teemer 141-165.

Seriously? Zeke would do about anything to win. Not that anyone wouldn’t bench Jules if you could upgrade. That’s not a bad thing if he can’t cut the mustard. The list of things Zeke wouldnt do to win is about 2 sentences...Max. If you’ve ever seen him in action..especially oversees..whoa.

47 minutes ago, Downtown Brown said:

Seriously? Zeke would do about anything to win. Not that anyone wouldn’t bench Jules if you could upgrade. That’s not a bad thing if he can’t cut the mustard. The list of things Zeke wouldnt do to win is about 2 sentences...Max. If you’ve ever seen him in action..especially oversees..whoa.

Mostly agree with this sentiment. But based upon last post-season it seemed like "Bench Julian Chlebove." might be one of those sentences you mentioned.

14 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Mostly agree with this sentiment. But based upon last post-season it seemed like "Bench Julian Chlebove." might be one of those sentences you mentioned.

Yes true, but sometimes even self proclaimed geniuses make questionable decisions.

5 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Does this mean Zeke is actually considering putting his dear godson Julian Chlebove on the bench? Only way I can see him making the lineup is if Valencia leaves and you have Chlebove, Parco, Vasquez, Teemer 141-165.

This is Pat Mineo’s new account. Welcome. 

Edited by gobraves101905

so is this the projected lineup for ASU or am I missing anyone:

125: Courtney (National 2nd)

133: McGee (National 6th)

141: Parco  (National 6th) / Chlebove? (if Parco stays at 149)

149: Vasquez / Crooks?

157: Teemer (National 4th)

165: Valencia (National 8th)

174: Munoz

184: Belshay

197: Norfleet

285: Schultz (National 4th)

47 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

This is Pat Mineo’s new account. Welcome. 

Haha, funny you say that. I'm a huge west coast wrestling fan, and am quite the opposite of that when it comes to Pat. I just thought the Chlebove/Lipari situation was a bit disappointing. 

15 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Crooks entered the transfer portal yesterday evening, and Belshay has been in it since October I believe. Either way, this lineup is definitely a 2022 trophy contender. This is even with the addition of Cornell.

1 hour ago, flyingcement said:

That’s a great looking lineup. Max Dean sure would look nice there at 184. Gabe training with Zahid. 

10 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

That’s a great looking lineup. Max Dean sure would look nice there at 184. Gabe training with Zahid. 

Ain’t happening. No chance in hell. Dave wouldn’t let his kid wrestle for ASU. He doesn’t like vaccines and sure doesn’t approve of Coke.

1 hour ago, RegularStalling said:

Crooks entered the transfer portal yesterday evening, and Belshay has been in it since October I believe. Either way, this lineup is definitely a 2022 trophy contender. This is even with the addition of Cornell.

I'm pretty sure Crooks is done wrestling and I don't think Valencia is coming back. I've been wrong but these things I'm pretty sure of. 

6 minutes ago, TripNSweep said:

I'm pretty sure Crooks is done wrestling and I don't think Valencia is coming back. I've been wrong but these things I'm pretty sure of. 

I cant see Crooks leaving Arizona. I can see Valencia coming back if he is still going to be wrestling at the Sr level in freestyle. Two big holes at 165 and 184 if he doesn’t. 

Just now, gobraves101905 said:

I cant see Crooks leaving Arizona. I can see Valencia coming back if he is still going to be wrestling at the Sr level in freestyle. Two big holes at 165 and 184 if he doesn’t. 

What about Cael Valencia - is he too raw to fill in yet at one of those weights?