BigTenFanboy

NCAA All Heel Team

On 4/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, BigTenFanboy said:

Over the years theres always been guys that have stood out as being the "good guy" known as the face and the "bad guy" known as the heel.

Post your All Time Heel Team of guys that have stirred up some controversy be it big or small.. or was an exceptional trash talker 

Heres my first crack at it...

125 Thomas Gilman

133 Austin Desanto

141 Dean Heil

149 Brent Metcalf

157 ??

165 Johnny Hendrix

174 Ben Askren

184 Pat Downey

197 ??

285 Gable Steveson

Billy George cornell not the greatest wrestler but he sure knew how to get heat. Could throw in a few guys with off mat issues but I'm just going to keep it strictly about mat and match conduct.

Edited by Sublime607

I'm sort of disappointed Steve Mocco isn't getting more consideration.  His move from Iowa to OSU  generated enough heat in itself but his physicality was pretty legendary! Didn't he kick a MSU opponent during a match?

44 minutes ago, Big Nasty said:

I'm sort of disappointed Steve Mocco isn't getting more consideration.  His move from Iowa to OSU  generated enough heat in itself but his physicality was pretty legendary! Didn't he kick a MSU opponent during a match?

I think the match was over but ...

3 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Still won't admit the eye-poke, so I say again ... 

74853992.jpg

What do I care if he poked him in the eye?  I called him a heel.  Do you want me to detail all the ways he was physical?  You've completely invented this story that I am denying stuff.  

Rosholt poked him in the eye.  He ground his face in the mat near the edge after a sprawl.  His early takedowns were entirely too hard.  

I agree with you Rosholt did all that stuff and Davis retaliated.  You are tilting at windmills right now for absolutely zero reason.  

On 4/18/2021 at 9:05 AM, jackwebster said:

What about Alan Waters doing the Hawkeye flap?

What about Bo Nikal helping guys up?

What about (and this one is gonna be out of left field, probably universally rejected, and possibly libelous) Kendall Cross taking the time to console his opponent by rubbing their head and then getting up and playing to the crowd? Some guys took it well (Adam Batirov); some were having none of it (Terry Brands).

What about thomas gilman slamming waters in arguably most illegal slam ever recorded...

19 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

Billy George cornell not the greatest wrestler but he sure knew how to get heat. Could throw in a few guys with off mat issues but I'm just going to keep it strictly about mat and match conduct.

This is hands down my top vote for ncaa wrestling heel, villain, whatever you want to say.  After seeing that I have to admit one of the things I will always respect about wrestling and wrestlers is that it teaches you, forces you, to learn to take an “L” like an adult...for the most part.

9 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

Still won't admit the eye-poke, so I say again ... 

74853992.jpg

That was a moderately physical match, and rosholt was team eye thumb the entire match.  nfw was it a punch, it was an open handed club, and by today’s standards not a very big one either.  That was just one of the last matches in the “John Smith and OSU matter outside Oklahoma” era

Edited by Drew87

Here’s one from the rafters, Mike Ottinger from CMU.  Dude was always grabbing fingers, nuts, close to punching people, and got ejected from NCAA’s for biting his opponent at the end of a match.

11 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Jerod Trice was also QUITE salty for CMU, he had more than a few overly physical matches.  Always enjoyed his matches though...

Funny story about Trice. His teammates begged me to introduce him as Jerry at the Mizzou dual, which I did. His face was priceless and his teammates were rolling with laughter. Dom Bradley got a kick out of it as well. The only one not amused, besides Trice, was the Mizzou event coordinator. Some things are just worth it. 

On 4/20/2021 at 12:10 AM, Sublime607 said:

Can you recount his story? Didn't he luve in VA, then moved to NE, then . . . ?

On 4/18/2021 at 12:58 PM, boconnell said:

After beating Churella he draped himself in an OSU flag and took a victory lap of the arena during the 157 medal presentation.  Then he fired off OSU pistols for the crowd.  The entire arena was max volume cheering or booing.  One of the greatest live sports moments I've been present for.

ncaaryan62 churella5

He gave a 2 pt. takedown here, and there was more.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:17 AM, Plasmodium said:

I feel like TJ Jaworsky is the GOAT Heel.

Could you tell me the story of his loss at Sr. Nationals/Dapper Dan (?) to Ty Moore who wrestled for Gus DeAugustino at N Allegheny? It was a quick pin. I can't remember the hold or whether or not it was their first meeting. 

(Fyi I know I could google it but I tend to believe Harold Bloom. Bloom made the case that search has affected our ability to remember and when we can't remember,  i.e when we don't have ready access to lots of data with which to assemble stories that help make the world around us interesting,  then we lose some of our humanity.  I'm no luddite, but I no longer google stuff that I once knew . . . save Krebs Cycle. That sh*t gets black holed everytime.)

Edited by jackwebster

On 4/25/2021 at 3:40 AM, jackwebster said:

Could you tell me the story of his loss at Sr. Nationals/Dapper Dan (?) to Ty Moore who wrestled for Gus DeAugustino at N Allegheny? It was a quick pin. I can't remember the hold or whether or not it was their first meeting. 

(Fyi I know I could google it but I tend to believe Harold Bloom. Bloom made the case that search has affected our ability to remember and when we can't remember,  i.e when we don't have ready access to lots of data with which to assemble stories that help make the world around us interesting,  then we lose some of our humanity.  I'm no luddite, but I no longer google stuff that I once knew . . . save Krebs Cycle. That sh*t gets black holed everytime.)

So thats where Bo Nickal learned it from...

Edited by BigTenFanboy

2 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

So thats where Bo Nickal learned it from...

I was at this meet.....no one could believe it..... 36 seconds......the arena got real quiet....then everyone was whispering.....sounded like a bunch of bumble bees as I remember it.

Edited by fadzaev2