4 minutes ago, gowrestle said:

How much does Dake & JB make?  I hope it’s worth it because in the future their bodies will remind them of their previous activities. 

lol I'm sure its over 250k/year  and being paid that much to compete in the sport they love and have limited outside worries..... hard to say they'd be happier being punched in the face or sitting behind a desk. 

2 hours ago, spladle08 said:

lol I'm sure its over 250k/year  and being paid that much to compete in the sport they love and have limited outside worries..... hard to say they'd be happier being punched in the face or sitting behind a desk. 

There seems to be a theme on this forum that a career outside wrestling will necessarily be unfulfilling and uninteresting. Really unfortunate. 

3 hours ago, gowrestle said:

How much does Dake & JB make?  I hope it’s worth it because in the future their bodies will remind them of their previous activities. 

You really want everyone to quit wrestling for some reason. It’s weird. 

1 hour ago, Katie said:

There seems to be a theme on this forum that a career outside wrestling will necessarily be unfulfilling and uninteresting. Really unfortunate. 

Go on? I'm of the mind that when you make a fortune doing something you love, even if you have to sacrifice some things, that's a great life....
I don't think a 3rd tier guy is living a better life than he could be, by making 50k a year and sacrificing his body.
But yes for the absolute upper crust, I think they'd agree the sacrifices they've made are well worth it. 

4 hours ago, gowrestle said:

a desk job puts tons of wear and tear in the body and the CNS.  Also, let’s be clear they are professional athletes.  This is their career.  

This quid pro quo is implicit for all other sports.

15 hours ago, Katie said:

I’ve seen a lot of people act like having a career with wrestling is bad lately 

3 hours ago, jp157 said:

I’ve seen a lot of people act like having a career with wrestling is bad lately 

Spent 20 years of my working career in wrestling, never competed past the junior college/junior international level, never made a lot of money at it.  But man, traveled the world, front row seats to the best action on the planet, tons and tons of friends, experiences, and memories.  Lots of stress and frustrations along the way, but wouldn't trade that 20 years for a lottery ticket.

On 4/18/2021 at 11:56 AM, spladle08 said:

This says Burroughs is worth $6M. Certainly nothing to sneeze at, but shows how little money there was in wrestling considering he was one of the top three in the world for a decade. He really has done so much to bring in money and endorsements into the sport which has helped everyone since he came on the scene. I would love to know what his hourly rate was considering wrestling is the furthest from a 9 to 5 you can get. 

https://whatstheirnetworth.com/richest-athletes/wrestlers/jordan-burroughs-net-worth/

For context, Khabib made $6M just off his fight purses in his relatively short career before accounting for any outside money.  

I bet Dake makes less than 250k, because he probably doesn't have time to do clinics and has less endorsements, but that Olympic Gold money is serious business, literally.

Edited by GoNotQuietly

find me one older person whose body does not remind them of their previous activities or more importantly, their lack of previous activities...

seems like a silly thing to focus any energy on at all to me...

thread is pastry worthy...

You simply cannot compare the income level of our top guys to the top guys of something like the UFC.  everyone knows we are not mainstream and probably never will be.

what's more important is to look at the wealth that JB has achieved and compare it relatively to someone like John Smith or Bruce or Tom Brands.  Or go even more recent and look at Henry Cejudo.

our top crop today has a much more compelling reason to stay in the sport than those of even 10 years ago and that is a very good thing.  Lets hope the top crop of 10 years from now is even better.

12 minutes ago, Witherman said:

You simply cannot compare the income level of our top guys to the top guys of something like the UFC.  everyone knows we are not mainstream and probably never will be.

what's more important is to look at the wealth that JB has achieved and compare it relatively to someone like John Smith or Bruce or Tom Brands.  Or go even more recent and look at Henry Cejudo.

our top crop today has a much more compelling reason to stay in the sport than those of even 10 years ago and that is a very good thing.  Lets hope the top crop of 10 years from now is even better.

Yeah I completely agree with this, if that wasn't clear. Also that our top crop owes a lot of that to JB's influence on the sport.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:56 AM, spladle08 said:

That's awfully vague since - nobody actually gets paid just to sit behind a desk.

It depends pretty heavily on what you are being paid to do behind that desk, how much time you have to spend actually sitting at this desk, and how nice of a chair is provided to go along with said desk.

Not to mention how much cash you get paid to jockey this desk, and if perhaps there is an additional desk with a pleasant assistance seated at it to help with desk-type activities.

Desk sitting jobs can be vastly underrated.

That's awfully vague since - nobody actually gets paid just to sit behind a desk.
It depends pretty heavily on what you are being paid to do behind that desk, how much time you have to spend actually sitting at this desk, and how nice of a chair is provided to go along with said desk.
Not to mention how much cash you get paid to jockey this desk, and if perhaps there is an additional desk with a pleasant assistance seated at it to help with desk-type activities.
Desk sitting jobs can be vastly underrated.

When I'm wrong I'm wrong.....
Thank you for the knowledge!!!!!!

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

On 4/19/2021 at 1:01 PM, GoNotQuietly said:

This says Burroughs is worth $6M. Certainly nothing to sneeze at, but shows how little money there was in wrestling considering he was one of the top three in the world for a decade. He really has done so much to bring in money and endorsements into the sport which has helped everyone since he came on the scene. I would love to know what his hourly rate was considering wrestling is the furthest from a 9 to 5 you can get. 

https://whatstheirnetworth.com/richest-athletes/wrestlers/jordan-burroughs-net-worth/

For context, Khabib made $6M just off his fight purses in his relatively short career before accounting for any outside money.  

I bet Dake makes less than 250k, because he probably doesn't have time to do clinics and has less endorsements, but that Olympic Gold money is serious business, literally.

Yeah I can’t imagine Dake is making near what Burroughs is, mostly due to Burroughs’ endorsements.  I have no clue but I’d bet $250k is in the ballpark for Burroughs.  I’d guess Dake is probably more like $150k.

I’m not sure why these numbers are so secretive though.  If they’re impressive you’d think you’d want more wrestlers to know the future earning potential in the sport.

Edited by 1032004

7 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Yeah I can’t imagine Dake is making near what Burroughs is, mostly due to Burroughs’ endorsements.  I have no clue but I’d bet $250k is in the ballpark for Burroughs.  I’d guess Dake is probably more like $150k.

I’m not sure why these numbers are so secretive though.  If they’re impressive you’d think you’d want more wrestlers to know the future earning potential in the sport.

Maybe because they're not accurate.

Most of these net worth sites don't actually know what the person is worth and post exaggerated numbers. 

That being said, Burroughs did have a contract with Flo this year for 500,000 didn't he?

4 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

Maybe because they're not accurate.

Most of these net worth sites don't actually know what the person is worth and post exaggerated numbers. 

That being said, Burroughs did have a contract with Flo this year for 500,000 didn't he?

Good call, forgot about the Flo events (but of course that was just the past year).  I did hear that Burroughs got a nice chunk of change from that.  Didn’t Dake get $50k or something for the Chamizo match?

Spent 20 years of my working career in wrestling, never competed past the junior college/junior international level, never made a lot of money at it.  But man, traveled the world, front row seats to the best action on the planet, tons and tons of friends, experiences, and memories.  Lots of stress and frustrations along the way, but wouldn't trade that 20 years for a lottery ticket.
Why would you trade your life experience for a lottery ticket that's 99.99% worthless?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, cjc007 said:

Why would you trade your life experience for a lottery ticket that's 99.99% worthless?

Most people I think understand the inference of ‘winning’ lottery ticket. 

I guess I should have dumbed it down. Thanks for catching...

Apparently your reading comprehension skills are suffering as well.
You said you wouldn't trade your 20 year experience for a winning lottery ticket, even after I called you on it

So, you'd turn down a $100,000,000 for your 20 year wrestling career?

What am I missing?

2 hours ago, cjc007 said:

You said you wouldn't trade your 20 year experience for a winning lottery ticket, even after I called you on it

So, you'd turn down a $100,000,000 for your 20 year wrestling career?

What am I missing?

Run along Chucky. 
The playground is two blocks to the east
-->