Coldy Squares

Best Wrestling Podcasts

What are your favorite wrestling podcasts/shows and how do I find them?. I'm looking to move on from Flowrestling Radio Live, but I don't know where to find the other good podcasts/shows. The nice thing about FRL is that it is on Spotify where I keep all of my music and other podcasts. Is there another good one that is easily accessible? I'm only interested in productions that cover the national wrestling topics/current events. Also looking for something with a reliable schedule. Thanks

Edited by Coldy Squares

16 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

My directory page: mattalkonline.com/directory

Thank you. This is very helpful, especially seeing the platforms they are offered on. Can anyone point me towards their favorite podcast/show that covers the national topics, and has a reliable schedule? I see a lot of these podcasts may cater towards certain regions or demographics. I realize I could go through and do my own research but obviously it is much easier to hear from others who know the high quality ones. 

Edited by Coldy Squares

Baschamania is pretty entertaining although it drips with so much bias sometimes that it can be a little cringe. Also, the host once said something along the lines of "I'm a Christian, so that means I have access to guidance/insight that others aren't privy to" and some other similar comments. I'm an agnostic so I don't have anything against any religion in particular, but once someone repeatedly uses their religious beliefs to suggest that they are better than others is when it starts to become a little annoying. Not a big deal and maybe I'm overblowing something small and maybe you don't care about that stuff in the first place. It's still a quality podcast. Just wanted to give my account of it.

I’ll throw one in there that I didn’t see on Jason’s website (great list by the way!). I really enjoy Mat Geeks. It focuses on ACC wrestling, though. The host is a very knowledgeable guy and Jack Mueller is the cohost. Jack can get pretty biased towards UVA wrestling, especially with predictions, but it’s a great podcast overall and shines some light on a conference that keeps getting better every season. 

Mat Geeks was listed until they went exclusive to Rokfin. Since you can't subscribe to new updates on that show (and other Rokfin, Flo, YouTube and Twitch-types) through an RSS feed on a podcatcher, they don't fit the classification of a podcast. Video-only shows in walled gardens (Spotify is the exception) aren't in the directory. 

28 minutes ago, JasonBryant said:

Mat Geeks was listed until they went exclusive to Rokfin. Since you can't subscribe to new updates on that show (and other Rokfin, Flo, YouTube and Twitch-types) through an RSS feed on a podcatcher, they don't fit the classification of a podcast. Video-only shows in walled gardens (Spotify is the exception) aren't in the directory. 

Ah, gotcha that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I’m not huge on Rofkin and the video-only option because I drive through the middle of nowhere to get to work and it can’t buffer. But oh well. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Poopy butthole said:

Baschamania is pretty entertaining although it drips with so much bias sometimes that it can be a little cringe. Also, the host once said something along the lines of "I'm a Christian, so that means I have access to guidance/insight that others aren't privy to" and some other similar comments. I'm an agnostic so I don't have anything against any religion in particular, but once someone repeatedly uses their religious beliefs to suggest that they are better than others is when it starts to become a little annoying. Not a big deal and maybe I'm overblowing something small and maybe you don't care about that stuff in the first place. It's still a quality podcast. Just wanted to give my account of it.

This.....  I want to like it, but much of what you describe pushes me away.

FRL-For national topics. Tues-Thursday

Blood Round-Once a week, previews, predictions, recaps, every once in awhile interviews, Michigan Homers, Pyles Haters, I generally enjoy

Inside Trip-They only have a podcast every now and then, Ohio State homers, but I always enjoy

Short Time- Quick podcast, always interesting

Baschamania- Penn State homers (Cenzo is a host) they interview someone, recently, Alvarez, JO, and Ferrari, and hit on topics

Wrestling Changed My Life- The wrestling version of the Tim Ferriss show.  Lots of really good episodes.  Interviews dig deeper into the mental side of the sport. 

Stalemates- Topics usually involve "twitter beef", controversies, etc. Iowa State homer.  

These are what I listen to, but I'm sure there are some great ones I am missing. 

I miss the T-Row and Funky Show. Tommy and Ben complemented each other well, and it was fascinating to get some insight into the mind of such high level wrestlers. I enjoy Ben on FRL, but I feel like Tommy reigned him in a little more on T&F.

But shout out to all the guys on FRL, you do a great job. Still the most relevant podcast (to me) and although I don't agree with all your opinions I love the discussion and humor.

My good friend, Tim Gaither, interviews a bunch of wrestlers on his podcast, he usually posts one every Wednesday for "Wrestling Wednesday."

He's had guys like Barry Davis, Shane Sparks, Seth Gross, Chris Campbell, Reece Humphrey, Sammie Henson just to name a few. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqO2vUbFeUtba5AGvxHnTdQ

17 hours ago, jbai3_12 said:

FRL-For national topics. Tues-Thursday

Blood Round-Once a week, previews, predictions, recaps, every once in awhile interviews, Michigan Homers, Pyles Haters, I generally enjoy

Inside Trip-They only have a podcast every now and then, Ohio State homers, but I always enjoy

Short Time- Quick podcast, always interesting

Baschamania- Penn State homers (Cenzo is a host) they interview someone, recently, Alvarez, JO, and Ferrari, and hit on topics

Wrestling Changed My Life- The wrestling version of the Tim Ferriss show.  Lots of really good episodes.  Interviews dig deeper into the mental side of the sport. 

Stalemates- Topics usually involve "twitter beef", controversies, etc. Iowa State homer.  

These are what I listen to, but I'm sure there are some great ones I am missing. 

I want to let you know that I truly appreciate you taking the time to do this mini write-up. I'm looking forward to checking out some new podcasts. Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

On 4/19/2021 at 10:07 AM, JasonBryant said:

My directory page: mattalkonline.com/directory

Thanks for doing this Jason, not the first or last time I'll reference it.  A suggestions and a question:

1)  Nitpicky, but I'd put the current podcasts above the retired ones. 

2)  Being a podcast expert, why aren't so many people on Spotify?  Is their sign up process Draconian?  People worried they will take over the podcast space and don't want to be involved with them? 

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen now. 

Thanks for doing this Jason, not the first or last time I'll reference it.  A suggestions and a question:
1)  Nitpicky, but I'd put the current podcasts above the retired ones. 
2)  Being a podcast expert, why aren't so many people on Spotify?  Is their sign up process Draconian?  People worried they will take over the podcast space and don't want to be involved with them? 
Thanks, I'll hang up and listen now. 

My directory page lists all the Mat Talk shows first (it is my site after all) in one table, then the non-MTO shows in a second table.

Spotify and its submission process can be wonky at times. Some hosting companies will auto submit.