Sign in to follow this  
gobraves101905

Anthony Valencia

1 hour ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Maybe you are just a D-bag and don’t pay attention enough ,  you are the guy that’s on here arguing and fighting with people all the time 

isn’t anything I said incorrect ? Was anything about my assessment wrong ? 

jones has done so much to change the culture that the best wrestler in school history got the boot last year because he couldn’t lay off the blow 

He was suspended, not kicked off the team. 

1 hour ago, MSU158 said:

I am?  My arguments are pretty much ONLY with a select few PSU blowhards.  If you were the one paying attention you would maybe note how intentional that is.

Did you mean this double negative?  "Isn't anything I said incorrect?"  I guess you were actually asking if you said anything incorrect?  Yes, you did.  100 is NOT overly optimistic, since the guy simply said "potential for 100+ points".  They EASILY have the POTENTIAL to do so.  This would even grow exponentially if they land Suriano.

As far as culture goes, didn't Zahid fail a drug test out of the country?  Did it effect his performance on the mat or the rest of his team's performance.  Did Ed Ruth crashing into a Taco Bell hurt his team's culture or performance?

Finally,

125: Courtney-16+ point "potential"

133:  McGee 10+ point "potential"  Suriano-20+ point potential

141:  Possible McGee or Parco 10+ point "potential depending on Suriano

149:  Parco-10 point potential.  This weight or 141 be a hole if Suriano doesn't wrestle and McGee stays at 133, depending on what weight Parco goes.

157:  Teemer-12+ point potential

165:  Valencia-12+point potential

174:  Munoz-4+ point potential

184:  ?

197: Norfleet-10+ point potential

285:  Schultz-12+ point potential

I don’t think you have a hole at 141 or 149 regardless of what Suriano does. You have Parco and Vasquez. Not sure why people are sleeping on him. Came in with as much potential as anybody. But 184, now that’s a different story. Munoz probably bumps up there in a year, if not sooner. But hopefully a transfer comes in to fill for 2021-22. 

1 minute ago, gobraves101905 said:

I don’t think you have a hole at 141 or 149 regardless of what Suriano does. You have Parco and Vasquez. Not sure why people are sleeping on him. Came in with as much potential as anybody. But 184, now that’s a different story. Munoz probably bumps up there in a year, if not sooner. But hopefully a transfer comes in to fill for 2021-22. 

"may" should have been part of my "hole" possibility and I am correcting that now.  Can'r really say anthing on Vasquez until we actually see him performing in an ASU singlet.

42 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Also, changing the cultures isn't exclusive to everyone singing "Kumbaya My Lord" while holding hands at the end of practice, saving kittens and helping old ladies cross the street.  It is about turning a program not used to winning into Pac 12 Champs and inevitably a top 5 team in the Country.  For added context, Stauffer was the ONLY guy that ASU qualified for NCAA's in 2014(The last season before Zeke took over).  He went 2-2 and was unseeded.  The next season he was the 3 seed and took 4th.  

Yup

5 hours ago, MSU158 said:

"may" should have been part of my "hole" possibility and I am correcting that now.  Can'r really say anthing on Vasquez until we actually see him performing in an ASU singlet.

It will be interesting to see who goes where at 141 and 149. Parco and Vasquez could both go either way. 

Edited by gobraves101905

1 hour ago, gobraves101905 said:

He's been down the last 2 years. There's a reason he fell off the radar. He took a 17-3 drubbing from Cameron Robinson this year for example. 4 years ago he looked like he would end up one of the best P4P kids in his class, but the trend is troubling. If you need any more evidence, he wasn't even in starting consideration in a free year and the starter barely qualified as a wildcard.

4 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

He's been down the last 2 years. There's a reason he fell off the radar. He took a 17-3 drubbing from Cameron Robinson this year for example. 4 years ago he looked like he would end up one of the best P4P kids in his class, but the trend is troubling. If you need any more evidence, he wasn't even in starting consideration in a free year and the starter barely qualified as a wildcard.

He didn’t win his 4th Cali state title by accident. I will cross off every recruit from the class that didn’t compete from ever doing anything in their college career. 

3 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

He didn’t win his 4th Cali state title by accident. I will cross off every recruit from the class that didn’t compete from ever doing anything in their college career. 

No need to be dramatic. He did compete. He wasn't great. That's why people aren't talking about him. If he shows up next year and is great, people will talk about him. Not complicated.

As for the 4x Cali champ thing, what are your thoughts on Justin Mejia?

53 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

No need to be dramatic. He did compete. He wasn't great. That's why people aren't talking about him. If he shows up next year and is great, people will talk about him. Not complicated.

As for the 4x Cali champ thing, what are your thoughts on Justin Mejia?

Great wrestler 

53 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Its not extreme at all. The guy is never in shape, and often quits in very dramatic fashion. Not a good look.

It’s like he didn’t battle after injury to get AA status. It’s like he never beat the the guy who ended up winning the nattie for the Pac-12 crown. It’s like he doesn’t have 4 Pac-12 titles. Expectations were lofty. Did he fall short of them, yes. Did he disappoint, no. 

10 minutes ago, gobraves101905 said:

It’s like he didn’t battle after injury to get AA status. It’s like he never beat the the guy who ended up winning the nattie for the Pac-12 crown. It’s like he doesn’t have 4 Pac-12 titles. Expectations were lofty. Did he fall short of them, yes. Did he disappoint, no. 

I'm not arguing that he isn't talented, I am saying he does a lot of embarasing stuff.

Edited by hammerlockthree

11 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Imagine if Zahid had taken that Olympic redshirt in 2020. 

11 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

They have Wilner coming in as well, do you know what weight he projects at? 

Flo went and put out their 'next season' crapola.  Didn't Belshay transfer out?  They have him at 184.

My guess is Munoz up and the Valenciaz man 165/174.

I really want Teemer at 165, myself.  The kid has mad freestyle chops, and I want him to settle around 74kg sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Flo went and put out their 'next season' crapola.  Didn't Belshay transfer out?  They have him at 184.

My guess is Munoz up and the Valenciaz man 165/174.

I really want Teemer at 165, myself.  The kid has mad freestyle chops, and I want him to settle around 74kg sooner rather than later.

To my knowledge Belshay was removed from the portal a few days ago. My guess is they initially wanted to keep his money available for a potential transfer at the weight. 

2 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

To my knowledge Belshay was removed from the portal a few days ago. My guess is they initially wanted to keep his money available for a potential transfer at the weight. 

How much money does Belshay really get from the 9.9?  I can’t imagine much if anything. He is a great student. Imagine any money he gets comes from other sources. 

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Plus he was REAL heavy going into the season, want to say he certified at 184.   The cut is likely pretty hard for him. 

2 hours ago, RegularStalling said:

Thank you for the clarification.

IF Teemer were to move up to 165 then WHO would replace him at 157 lbs.  I don't see anyone on the ASU roster who could fill the spot at 157 lbs and be competitive nationally at that weight class.

Also if Belshay is in fact no longer in the transfer portal (and expected back for 2022) and IF Teemer moves up to 165 lbs you have a mini log jam so to speak.

Teemer - 165

Valencia - 174

Munoz & Belshay at 184 ??