Sign in to follow this  
gobraves101905

Anthony Valencia

7 hours ago, Bronco said:

IF Teemer were to move up to 165 then WHO would replace him at 157 lbs.  I don't see anyone on the ASU roster who could fill the spot at 157 lbs and be competitive nationally at that weight class.

Also if Belshay is in fact no longer in the transfer portal (and expected back for 2022) and IF Teemer moves up to 165 lbs you have a mini log jam so to speak.

Teemer - 165

Valencia - 174

Munoz & Belshay at 184 ??

Probably best for the team is for Teemer to be at 157 and Valencia to be at 165. There is still Zane Coleman that can fill a hole at 174 if Munoz bumps up. 

Edited by gobraves101905

10 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Probably best for the team is for Teemer to be at 157 and Valencia to be at 165. There is still Zane Coleman that can fill a hole at 174 if Munoz bumps up. 

The same Zane Coleman who has wrestled exactly ONE time in TWO years at Arizona State - and lost 7-1 in that one match to the Little Rock starter (Triston Wills) this past season?

13 hours ago, Bronco said:

The same Zane Coleman who has wrestled exactly ONE time in TWO years at Arizona State - and lost 7-1 in that one match to the Little Rock starter (Triston Wills) this past season?

The same Brandon Courtney that didn’t do anything for ASU his first 2 years yet he just took 2nd in year 4. Progression occurs at different rates. 

7 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

The same Brandon Courtney that didn’t do anything for ASU his first 2 years yet he just took 2nd in year 4. Progression occurs at different rates. 

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” – Mark Twain.

9 hours ago, Bronco said:

Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” – Mark Twain.

17 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

@gobraves101905 I agree...as there would be no other option as of right now but to forfeit the weight. Notice how there was no alternative solution better than yours. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:53 AM, Bronco said:

But he has the mat skills of Zain Retherford and the comedic chops of Dabney Coleman!?!?

On 4/23/2021 at 10:40 PM, gobraves101905 said:

B Courtney Soph 25-5 record - PAC 12 Champion - seeded #9 in 2020 NCAAs that were canceled due to Covid 

You really want to say this guy didn't do anything prior to taking 2nd at NCAAs?  Are you daft? 

1 hour ago, lu1979 said:

B Courtney Soph 25-5 record - PAC 12 Champion - seeded #9 in 2020 NCAAs that were canceled due to Covid 

You really want to say this guy didn't do anything prior to taking 2nd at NCAAs?  Are you daft? 

Why do people resort to insults? I didn’t ask you if you are stupid and can’t read. His RS Soph season was his third year at ASU. He just completed his fourth year at ASU. 

3 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

Why do people resort to insults? I didn’t ask you if you are stupid and can’t read. His RS Soph season was his third year at ASU. He just completed his fourth year at ASU. 

It was his 2nd year competing for ASU -  I am not sure what happened with him in his RS freshman year - The ASU site says mentions him taking 4th in a tournament in Dec and nothing else.  It is probable he was stuck behind Ryan Mihaus that year who was a pretty good wrestler himself.  So the 1st year he breaks into the starting line up as a sophomore  he goes 25-5 and wins a PAC 12 Championship.  Just admit you were wrong and made an ignorant comment about Courtney that makes you look foolish and move on.

59 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

It was his 2nd year competing for ASU -  I am not sure what happened with him in his RS freshman year - The ASU site says mentions him taking 4th in a tournament in Dec and nothing else.  It is probable he was stuck behind Ryan Mihaus that year who was a pretty good wrestler himself.  So the 1st year he breaks into the starting line up as a sophomore  he goes 25-5 and wins a PAC 12 Championship.  Just admit you were wrong and made an ignorant comment about Courtney that makes you look foolish and move on.

This year was Courtney’s fourth year at ASU. 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:33 AM, Antitroll2828 said:

Maybe you are just a D-bag and don’t pay attention enough ,  you are the guy that’s on here arguing and fighting with people all the time 

isn’t anything I said incorrect ? Was anything about my assessment wrong ? 

jones has done so much to change the culture that the best wrestler in school history got the boot last year because he couldn’t lay off the blow 

They booted the guy, jerkoff. That changes the culture. Another mat dot com moron. There are many, but you have been chosen.

3 hours ago, gobraves101905 said:

This year was Courtney’s fourth year at ASU. 

Understood - Year 1 True freshman redshirting as is typical - Year 2 RS freshman ASU site mentions involvement in 1 tournament in Dec and nothing else He was behind R Milhofff that year  Year 3 RS Sophomore - Had a great year where he ended up 25-5 and a Pac 12 Champ and seeded 9th at the NCAA tournament that never happened Year 4  RS junior Had an even better year where he repeated as Pac 12 Champ and was undefeated all the way to the NCAA finals.  I don't see why you are criticizing Courtney or stating that he "didn't do anything" in his 1st 2 years at ASU when he spent them redshirting as most true freshmen tend to do and in his 2nd year he sat behind a past AA.  I expect that if you are correct and he  "didn't do anything" he would not have had the success he experienced these last 2 years.

16 hours ago, potentiallydangerous said:

They booted the guy, jerkoff. That changes the culture. Another mat dot com moron. There are many, but you have been chosen.

They booted the guy finally after multiple failed drug tests over the years when the university stepped in and got involved...and let’s not forget that zeke literally just benched a grad transfer that won his wrestle offs in favor of his god son who preceded to go 0-2 and not qualify for ncaas ....but yea no I’m the jerkoff tho.... 

29 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

They booted the guy finally after multiple failed drug tests over the years when the university stepped in and got involved...and let’s not forget that zeke literally just benched a grad transfer that won his wrestle offs in favor of his god son who preceded to go 0-2 and not qualify for ncaas ....but yea no I’m the jerkoff tho.... 

At least you can admit it.  Signs of hope!

36 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Oh, and the narrative for 141 that keeps getting spun is super weak at best.  Lipari was 3-4 and BY NO MEANS a favorite to qualify for NCAA's.  He said he went with the guy with more upside and I think that is fair if you compared the 2 wrestlers going into Pac 12's.  But, keep on keeping on.  Your axe is down to the nub, but you still have a little bit left to grind!

Edited by MSU158

43 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Oh, and the narrative for 141 that keeps getting spun is super weak at best.  Lipari was 3-4 and BY NO MEANS a favorite to qualify for NCAA's.  He said he went with the guy with more upside and I think that is fair if you compared the 2 wrestlers going into Pac 12's.  But, keep on keeping on.  Your axe is down to the nub, but you still have a little bit left to grind!

Lipari won the wrestle offs and got the conference a bid for ncaas...then got benched because the head coach used to change Chlebove diaper , who then didn’t qualify ...I can’t believe this is the hill you choose to die on ...

43 minutes ago, Antitroll2828 said:

Lipari won the wrestle offs and got the conference a bid for ncaas...then got benched because the head coach used to change Chlebove diaper , who then didn’t qualify ...I can’t believe this is the hill you choose to die on ...

You close to the room?  Personally know someone inside it?  I  would bet significant monies that I am infinitely closer than you are.  So, let's just say everything you said is the actual facts(they aren't, but lets just use those), EVEN THEN Lipari was was an UNDER .500 wrestler.  PERIOD.  This is DI wrestling.  Coaches do this stuff ALL THE TIME.  It's not like he bumped a shoe-in.  He bumped a guy that VERY EASILY would have been sitting on the couch in March.

8 hours ago, MSU158 said:

You close to the room?  Personally know someone inside it?  I  would bet significant monies that I am infinitely closer than you are.  So, let's just say everything you said is the actual facts(they aren't, but lets just use those), EVEN THEN Lipari was was an UNDER .500 wrestler.  PERIOD.  This is DI wrestling.  Coaches do this stuff ALL THE TIME.  It's not like he bumped a shoe-in.  He bumped a guy that VERY EASILY would have been sitting on the couch in March.

He reads Mineo’s twitter feed like it the Bible.