Stl

Mizzou Joining Big 12

5 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

Great news for the mizzou fans on the board who won't have to listen to the overseeding hate anymore!

Plus it's great news for those of us who live in Texas!  We can now travel to OU and OSU for duals a lot easier!  Better competition!   Can't wait to see MIzzou and OSU compete next season!

2 hours ago, smsu150 said:

Correct.  It's a good move for MU.  I can't imagine the MAC schools are going to be too broke up over this either. 

I'm assuming the MAC will lose qualifiers because of this. Am I wrong on this? Not sure what the procedures are anymore.

This is exciting on so many levels.  I believe it was also announced that CSU Bakersfield was going to the B12 as well?

Now the MAC does lose Mizzou, however let's not forget that they just added 7 other schools last season.  The MAC will be fine.  They were the 5th best conference two days ago and they're still the 5th best conference today, for wrestling.

51 minutes ago, steen-hooph said:

I'm assuming the MAC will lose qualifiers because of this. Am I wrong on this? Not sure what the procedures are anymore.

I remember hearing this year that the qualifiers "belong to the conference, not the teams."

1 minute ago, AHamilton said:

I remember hearing this year that the qualifiers "belong to the conference, not the teams."

That is true every year; the difference this year is that qualifiers were earned on the basis of prior season results.  Next season, presumably we can go back to the pre-existing system based on current year performance.

18 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This is exciting on so many levels.  I believe it was also announced that CSU Bakersfield was going to the B12 as well?

Now the MAC does lose Mizzou, however let's not forget that they just added 7 other schools last season.  The MAC will be fine.  They were the 5th best conference two days ago and they're still the 5th best conference today, for wrestling.

And the B1G was by far the the best wrestling conference two days ago, and is still by far the best wrestling conference today! ;)

7 minutes ago, jchapman said:

And the B1G was by far the the best wrestling conference two days ago, and is still by far the best wrestling conference today! ;)

This has nothing to do with the B1G at all.  Mizzou, their former conference, and their new conference.

Stay on topic.

4 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

This has nothing to do with the B1G at all.  Mizzou, their former conference, and their new conference.

Stay on topic.

Understood.  All posts must be vetted by you.  

Also, are you aware that Missouri was the front runner for addition to the B1G until Nebarasks swooped in and took their spot?  Oh what could have been...

Just now, jchapman said:

Understood.  All posts must be vetted by you.  

Also, are you aware that Missouri was the front runner for addition to the B1G until Nebarasks swooped in and took their spot?  Oh what could have been...

As long as you understand this from now on.

I am the Heel King, after all.

I couldn't give two $HlTs between Nebraska and Mizzou.  They're comparable at wrestling and obviously Neraska was better in the areas that mattered the most the the B1G.