Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Clackamas C.C. wins third straight N.J.C.A.A. championship

22 minutes ago, southend said:

3 titles...Hmm....I thought JC was 2 year degree? Shows how much I know. 

It is a 2 year degree for the Individual, but that wouldn't stop the team from winning every year.  They are allowed to have new kids on the team!  ;)

33 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

It is a 2 year degree for the Individual, but that wouldn't stop the team from winning every year.  They are allowed to have new kids on the team!  ;)

I don't know what you're talking about. The JC I wrestled at only existed for the two years I was there. Isn't that how everyone's is?

2 hours ago, MSU158 said:

LOL, it was an early post. Man, my reading skills need sharpened 

What I noticed in that article is the mention of Pratt J.C.'s 125 lb'er Michael Spangler.   He completely dominated the # 2 seed at 125 lbs and he was a Sophomore this season.  And he was also mentioned as the returning national champion.   I have to wonder which D-1 school will be adding him to their roster for 2022.  Pratt J.C. is in Kansas btw.

2 hours ago, southend said:

LOL, it was an early post. Man, my reading skills need sharpened 

I did the exact same thing entering this thread...”going for twwwooooo associates degrees?”

Though to be fair, there are some Community Colleges near me that do bachelor’s degrees.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:08 PM, OR said:

Congrats!  Coach Rhoden has really got the Clackamas program rollin'!

Rhoden is one quality guy who has done great things at ccc on and off the mat. To win a title with very few matches and not able to even get on the Mat for practice until half way through the season speaks volumes. 

I was at the NJCAAs on Thursday.  Pretty cool that 6 Kansas High School alums were in the finals  4 from Pratt,  1 from Cloud,  1 from Iowa Central.   NWKTC  from Goodland, KS had 2 finalists.  Chinzorig 141 and his brother Chinges at 157  will wind up somewhere...Chin is freaking amazing!   

The Iowa Western 2x champ is going to be a freaking force as well.

As for non finalists,  the NEO Heavyweight might be the biggest steal  from this year's NJCAAs.

What I don't like is some coaches are bringing guys back for a 3rd year (that can graduate)....in those limited cases,  it's selfish and tacky.  Graduate guys and move them on! 

2 hours ago, Swayz said:

I was at the NJCAAs on Thursday.  Pretty cool that 6 Kansas High School alums were in the finals  4 from Pratt,  1 from Cloud,  1 from Iowa Central.   NWKTC  from Goodland, KS had 2 finalists.  Chinzorig 141 and his brother Chinges at 157  will wind up somewhere...Chin is freaking amazing!   

The Iowa Western 2x champ is going to be a freaking force as well.

As for non finalists,  the NEO Heavyweight might be the biggest steal  from this year's NJCAAs.

What I don't like is some coaches are bringing guys back for a 3rd year (that can graduate)....in those limited cases,  it's selfish and tacky.  Graduate guys and move them on! 

I believe a JC guy can take a redshirt then compete 2 years for a total of 3 - is that correct?