Sign in to follow this  
jbai3_12

Burroughs Interview

Thanks for posting.  He is such a good guy.  Great head on his shoulders.

OK, am wondering though. Says he needs to be ready just in case ('god forbid') ... makes sense.  He is the backup for the Olympics.  But then he quickly says he is beginning to bulk up for 79KG for Worlds.   That won't work well if Dake gets hurt within a few weeks of the Olympics.  If he is 'bulking' up, he can't expect to be able to get to 74KG and put up a good fight.

Am I missing something?  I know it sucks but seems like he should be maintaining a 74 kg target.  No?  If not, then hoping Nolf is staying ready!

Oh, yea ... forgot to mention ... baby #4 on the way. Woah!!

Edited by nom

I think “bulking up” is more of a figure of speech. I’m sure he is plenty big for 79 already, but will stay within striking distance of 74.

Great interview! Just like he said, it’s these interviews where we get to see his real personality that have made me a huge fan of his... it definitely goes beyond wrestling 

9 minutes ago, JBluegill133 said:

I love this choice.  Get a few more world titles and then say goodbye on top!  

Jordan Burrough....what a great person......a tremendous ambassador for our sport, both on and off the mat.....wish him nothing but the very best, again, both on and off the mat.  He's definitely a very special person.  Fadz

5 hours ago, nom said:

OK, am wondering though. Says he needs to be ready just in case ('god forbid') ... makes sense.  He is the backup for the Olympics.  But then he quickly says he is beginning to bulk up for 79KG for Worlds.   That won't work well if Dake gets hurt within a few weeks of the Olympics.  If he is 'bulking' up, he can't expect to be able to get to 74KG and put up a good fight.

Am I missing something?  I know it sucks but seems like he should be maintaining a 74 kg target.  No?  If not, then hoping Nolf is staying ready!

He said in this interview that he would stay ready in case something happens to Dake. 

This could set up another entertaining series with Imar since he said he'd be coming back at this weight soon too. 

7 hours ago, Relentless125 said:

He said in this interview that he would stay ready in case something happens to Dake. 

This could set up another entertaining series with Imar since he said he'd be coming back at this weight soon too. 

I know.  That is what I said.  It is the additional statement that he is already bulking up to wrestle at 79kg that is confusing.  

@Eagle26 kind of a weird thing to say then if 74 kg is already a bit tough for him.  It isn’t really a figure of speech, it is a literal act of body management when wrestlers move up in weight class.