treep2000

Junior / Senior Nationals

Doing both is a big lift, especially with the bracket sizes in freestyle. To do both means weighing in and wrestling Friday, Saturday, and possibly Sunday if you're still alive in freestyle. There are more than 40 guys in every weight from 57-86, and a couple are over 70. That's a lot of matches in a short time. 

Freestyle Brackets are up.... Obviously as watered down as they come

70kg looks fun though (Green/Pantelo/Berger)

125kg has some top level guys entered.

The rest have some interesting match ups based on NCAA results. It'll be cool to keep up with I reckon

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.

Facundo/Hamiti was the best match of the entire weekend so far.  I have no idea how Facundo was able to hold off a takedown in the last minute.  Freakish flexibility and defense.  Hamiti with his "skinny nerd" appearance is going to be a fan favorite.  Both have bright futures in the Big Ten.

Facundo had absolutely nothung for O'Toole.  Impressively dominant.

You’d hope so. He’s an NCAA podium finisher wrestling a high school kid.

I’m guessing the story will be a bit different after Facundo is in a college room for most of a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eirman beats Domas 8-4.  Domas got the first takedown on an inside trip but not leg attacks after that for Dom.  Eirman with a takedown and 2 laces in the first minute. 

Lujan wins by forfeit.  Imar forfeited.  Imar was down 9-0 in the semis before he got the pin.  There were a few positions Imar gave up 2 in the semis that looked like he still had some shoulder pain. 

34 minutes ago, jbai3_12 said:

Eirman beats Domas 8-4.  Domas got the first takedown on an inside trip but not leg attacks after that for Dom.  Eirman with a takedown and 2 laces in the first minute. 

While I appreciate your play by plays, I am more impressed by the surgeon-like precision in which you expertly combine Dom Demas' name into one, while conversely and with complete indifference,  butcher Eierman's in the same sentence (yes, more than one sentence but you could have very well combined them)! Complete genius- right up there with putting mayonnaise on pizza! 

5 minutes ago, LifeintheRed said:

While I appreciate your play by plays, I am more impressed by the surgeon-like precision in which you expertly combine Dom Demas' name into one, while conversely and with complete indifference,  butcher Eierman's in the same sentence (yes, more than one sentence but you could have very well combined them)! Complete genius- right up there with putting mayonnaise on pizza! 

What’s the problem Led?

8 minutes ago, LifeintheRed said:

In Japan i saw mayo and corn pizza and mayo and fish pizza. It made the sea urchin look delicious by contrast (the sea urchin was NOT delicious).

10 hours ago, jbai3_12 said:

Lujan wins by forfeit.  Imar forfeited.  Imar was down 9-0 in the semis before he got the pin.  There were a few positions Imar gave up 2 in the semis that looked like he still had some shoulder pain. 

Yeah, Imar didn't look very good. Also, very pudgy at 79. Hopefully he was just shaking the rust off.

This image is also recovering from an injury that ended his Olympic dreams (and even his desire to compete) just a few(ish) weeks ago. I imagine he wanted to get some lighter competition matches in to gage his recovery. Looks like he still has a ways to go. Hope he can come back. Shoulder injuries are especially nasty for wrestlers and his style won't let him get away with not being 100% on digging the underhook. 

Damn I really hope IMAR can medal eventually 

At Worlds?

He's got a decent shot at a non Olympic weight if he can make a team and get a decent draw.

7.77% chance he snags a world medal before retiring I'd guess

If I need to know anything about wrestling or sports, I ask Frank Rizzo because he knows more than me.