Bronco

Stanford decision - This was posted yesterday (4-25)

3 minutes ago, Elevator said:

No insider info, but I am taking the over on Stanford wrestling and the 11 teams come back.  It was a stupid decision and Stanford has many smart people!

Love the optimism.  I am also hopeful.  

2 minutes ago, Elevator said:

No insider info, but I am taking the over on Stanford wrestling and the 11 teams come back.  It was a stupid decision and Stanford has many smart people!

I am wishfully on the over, as well. On the plus side, why would the President (or whoever has the power to) ask for the special meeting if it was not a real possibility to overturn their prior poor decision?

17 minutes ago, Sheerstress said:

Any word on Monday's meeting?  Any progress at all?

They provided a statement that they'd make a decision over the next "few weeks." It feels like they're trying to run out the clock. Isn't today the last day of the wrestling coaches' contracts? It's like "shoot, there's no coaches or wrestlers left here anymore. we might as well eliminate the program."

The decision is about 11 Stanford sports.  Not just wrestling.   Anyone who thought this would be done quickly hasn't been paying much attention about Stanford's administration and how they do things.

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

The decision is about 11 Stanford sports.  Not just wrestling.   Anyone who thought this would be done quickly hasn't been paying much attention about Stanford's administration and how they do things.

Aren't most other sports probably in the same boat as far as coaches leaving, athletes transferring, etc?  Maybe even moreso if any of them are fall sports

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Aren't most other sports probably in the same boat as far as coaches leaving, athletes transferring, etc?  Maybe even moreso if any of them are fall sports

Amazingly, pretty sure the only fall sport in this predicament is field hockey.

4 hours ago, SetonHallPirate said:

Squash begins in Fall and into Winter... not that we are all up on our squash these days.  

On 4/26/2021 at 1:57 PM, Elevator said:

Glad to hear that the smart people ran the dumb ones out.

They're in the ncaa tournament which is currently being played this Spring (now) due to Covid..

They play North Carolina on Sunday.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, cjc007 said:

They're in the ncaa tournament which is currently being played this Spring (now) due to Covid..

They play North Carolina on Sunday.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Right, but Field Hockey is considered a fall sport. (all fall sports were moved to the winter or spring due to the virus)