Sign in to follow this  
Perry

ramos vs h stieber

No one pays the slightest attention to what you say.

I guess actually taking time to personally respond and offer your opinion would not constitute "slight attention"??? :lol:

No one pays the slightest attention to what you say.

Agree 100%.

Even worse, you gave my post at the very least "slight attention" bc you pathetically agreed with his incorrect and ironic statement.

Seems you care more that you know... :D

I have never seen a 2x AA Junior non champ get more love than Ramos. He has one signature win ever, and is 0-5 against his main rival. I truly do not understand it.

Ill take Hunter.

You know what? I had a post here criticizing Hunter's accomplishments, but in the end, that's not really fair. I'm not sure why people feel the need to take shots at Ramos. Put it this way: a thread comparing Tony Ramos to Hunter Stieber is hardly some sort of insult to Hunter Stieber. What about Hunter makes this kind of thread insulting to him or some sort of prop for Ramos? Geez.

It's a thread comparing two contemporary wrestlers. Where is this world ending love for Ramos?

I have never seen a 2x AA Junior non champ get more love than Ramos. He has one signature win ever, and is 0-5 against his main rival. I truly do not understand it.

Ill take Hunter.

You truly don't understand how a 2X AA non champ could be compared to a 2X AA non champ? What is the difficulty? I would assume most people believe that Logan is better than Hunter, just like he is better than Ramos. Seems like a fair enough question to ask as the offseason sets in.

Ramos vs H Stieber would be an interesting match-up. My guess is that Stieber would get an early takedown or two, and then he'd have to face the Ramos onslaught. Would be fun to watch.

One more thing about Ramos. I've always admired his spirit, which is definitely in the Brands mold. It's also been reported that he and Logan posed for a picture for some kid following Nationals. If that is indeed true, he certainly deserves respect for his sportsmanship.

I guess it was more appropriate for me to post that on the multiple other topics and posts about Ramos being a hodge candidate. I mean seriously, I never understood the love he was getting preseason, and to this day, he is considet top 10 in college. Why? David Taylor gets no credit from the haters for his narrow defeats to Dake, yet Vak and many others want to get all excited and declare Ramos right there with all the best in the country over a few close LOSSES to Stieber. They also want to declare Stieber lucky for winning a title this year, when Ramos didnt get awarded 2 NF that wouldnt even have put him ahead anyways. He was 0-4, what makea you think even with the NF he was going to get another td and win it? Ridiculous thought process.

I guess it was more appropriate for me to post that on the multiple other topics and posts about Ramos being a hodge candidate. I mean seriously, I never understood the love he was getting preseason, and to this day, he is considet top 10 in college. Why? David Taylor gets no credit from the haters for his narrow defeats to Dake, yet Vak and many others want to get all excited and declare Ramos right there with all the best in the country over a few close LOSSES to Stieber. They also want to declare Stieber lucky for winning a title this year, when Ramos didnt get awarded 2 NF that wouldnt even have put him ahead anyways. He was 0-4, what makea you think even with the NF he was going to get another td and win it? Ridiculous thought process.

Ramos WAS a top Hodge candidate going into Big 10's. Undefeated with tons of pins. He lost to Logan Stieber, and that was that, though.

Nowhere, anywhere on the internet wrestling community have I seen ANYONE claiming Tony Ramos > David Taylor. He's not. The "shots" at David Taylor are in reference to people still trying to claim that Taylor is better than Dake. But nobody is saying Ramos is greater than Taylor.

As to the Ramos-Stieber NCAA final, you're just being asinine. Even some (though not all) Ohio State fans are acknowledging it should have been 2. But, as a counterbalance, even I, a big Iowa fan, am not arguing that the NCAA title was stolen from Ramos. The NF points would not have made Ramos champion. Ramos was denied his best chance at winning the title, though. At the end of the match, with Ramos in deep, he wrestled differently than he would have if the score was what it should have been.

Ramos is being regarded highly because he's one of the best wrestlers in college currently-- he just happens to be behind an even better one in L. Stieber.

Ramos isn't going to go down as an all time great, but he might end up being the better wrestlers in the past decade not to win a title.

I think H. Stieber is too much bigger to make this much of a discussion personally. Stieber might be moving up to 149 next year and has some of the most impressive man-strength at his current weight. Ramos by all accounts is not a big 133 pounder, and might have been a career 125 pounder if not for McD.

Ill take Hunter.

You truly don't understand how a 2X AA non champ could be compared to a 2X AA non champ? What is the difficulty? I would assume most people believe that Logan is better than Hunter, just like he is better than Ramos. Seems like a fair enough question to ask as the offseason sets in.

Who is Hunter's 1 signature win? Or is he at zero?

Ramos over Oliver speaks volumes to me. I would take a Tony Ramos over Frank Molinaro every day of the weak. (And I am a pretty big PSU fan)

Ill take Hunter.

Ramos over Oliver speaks volumes to me. I would take a Tony Ramos over Frank Molinaro every day of the weak. (And I am a pretty big PSU fan)

Hunter beat Russell. And Marion. And a handful of other AA. He has a better resume' than Ramos.

Ill take Hunter.

Kellen Russell.

Ill take Hunter.

Kellen Russell's only loss in 2-3 years was to Hunter....and Hunter gave him good matches the other times. Marion is another sig win. Michael Magrum is pretty good too.

Still not sure if this would even get wrestled...and frankly I hate these types of discussions, because, last I checked, talking wins you nothing on the mat.

And as a Buckeye, Hunter needs to learn to win at the NCAAs...he knows how to win everywhere else. Goes to show you that skill, and strength and such take a back seat to mental preparation at the highest level.

Hunter beat Russell. And Marion. And a handful of other AA. He has a better resume' than Ramos.

Wow, can not believe I am defending Ramos here. If we are going to name AA's Ramos has beaten a lot. He beat Futrell 5 times, Long, Keith, Dardanes (5 straight times), Devin Carter (2 times), Schopp, Quiroga, Graff (2 times).

I guess those wins don't count. His resume is every bit as good as Hunter's.

Ramos was one of the most dominating wrestlers in the country this season while Hunter was one of the most effective. The one difference between them right now is that I've never seen Ramos choke. Hunter, by his own admission, wrestled tight at nationals until the loss to Port. Then he let it rip.

Both are very good. I would pay the admission for this match. Great match it will be, regardless of who wins.

Hunter might head for 149.

Will Ramos follow Logan if Logan heads to 141?

If not, Ramos already have a nemesis at 133 - Graff.

Sent from Tapatalk

Wow, can not believe I am defending Ramos here. If we are going to name AA's Ramos has beaten a lot. He beat Futrell 5 times, Long, Keith, Dardanes (5 straight times), Devin Carter (2 times), Schopp, Quiroga, Graff (2 times).

Are you kidding me??? Do you really think the 2 mentioned (and impressive) AA wins of Russell and Marion are all H Stieber has...?

Since clearly you didnt watch the ncaas..

2013 NCAA ALL AMERICANS- (1) Port (2) Maple (4) Khishignyam (5) Nevinger (6) Henderson (7) Dardanes (8) Neibert

HUNTER OWNS A WIN VS EVERY ALL AMERICAN WITH THE EXCEPTION TO MAPLE

2012 NCAA ALL AMERICANS- (1) Russell (2) Marion (3) Novachckov (4) Maple (5) Magrum (7) Nevinger (8) Little

HUNTER OWNS WINS VS 4 2012 ALL AMERICANS

Just for fun :D Everyone bold Hunter owns multiple wins against.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Are you kidding me??? Do you really think the 2 mentioned (and impressive) AA wins of Russell and Marion are all H Stieber has...?

Since clearly you didnt watch the ncaas..

2013 NCAA ALL AMERICANS- (1) Port (2) Maple (4) Khishignyam (5) Nevinger (6) Henderson (7) Dardanes (8) Neibert

HUNTER OWNS A WIN VS EVERY ALL AMERICAN WITH THE EXCEPTION TO MAPLE

2012 NCAA ALL AMERICANS- (1) Russell (2) Marion (3) Novachckov (4) Maple (5) Magrum (7) Nevinger (8) Little

HUNTER OWNS WINS VS 4 2012 ALL AMERICANS

Just for fun :D Everyone bold H owns multiple wins against.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o