Sign in to follow this  
klehner

Younger brother doing better than older brother?

Cornell is notorious for younger siblings markedly under-performing their older brothers:  Dake, Simaz, Realbuto, Grey (even Dean, to a lesser extent).

Any instances where a younger brother outshone his older brother?

25 minutes ago, klehner said:

Cornell is notorious for younger siblings markedly under-performing their older brothers:  Dake, Simaz, Realbuto, Grey (even Dean, to a lesser extent).

Vito is lightyears ahead of his older brother who wrestled for Cornell.

8 minutes ago, ShakaAloha said:

Myles Amine out did Malik

weren’t those two cousins? I’m forgetting youngest amine’s first name, i think he was malik’s brother, and he just AA’d so you’re right either way

Edited by Drew87

1 minute ago, Plasmodium said:

The Hidlays are interesting here.  Older started out way better but younger has made up ground.   Now the older one said his goal is to help the younger one be a champ and therefore better than himself.

Jesus h cristo, did the weight cut hit hayden that hard? He’s just ready to eat food and be charitable?  Hard cuts will do that.

That dude was knocking on the door to outdo nolf his freshman year, and going into ncaa’s a lot of people gave him a chance against a healthy deakin. 

Pat Milkovich... (Youngest Milkovich)

Youngest NCAA Champ IN HISTORY...

4X Finalist... 2x Champ...

Tom Milkovich...

NCAA Champ...

3x All American...

Beat Larry Owings...

Two other Milkovich brothers...

Mike and one more... One was an  All American at Kent St...

How about:

Jason and Alex Tsirtsis- Both were quality wrestlers but Jason was markedly better

Mack and Sam Lewnes- No real contest

Michael and Joe McMullan- See above

Brent and Chase Metcalf- Unfortunately, Chase's career was cut short

I believe Brent out paces chase in their HS accolades. I had always thought the  younger brother tends do be the best. Also what about the Churellas? 
Edit: out of the three Churella boys oldest was a varsity letter, the younger two both national finalists 

Edited by Grecojones

Lehigh had the Lieberman brothers back in the mid to late 70s.  Mark the younger brother had the better career - Mike was a 2X EIWA Champ who finished 1 & 3 at NCAAs while Mark was a 4X EIWA Champ who finished 2/1/1 @ NCAAs.  Both won Nationals @ 177. 

Lehigh also had Rich Santoro wrestling for them in the early 80s.  He was a 2X EIWA Champ and a 3X All American for Lehigh.  His youger brother Pat went to Pitt in the late 80s and ended up being a 4X AA, a 3X NCAA finalist and 2X Champ. Now Pat is Lehigh's coach. Their father was also an AA foe Lehigh.

Edited by lu1979

11 hours ago, Drew87 said:

Jesus h cristo, did the weight cut hit hayden that hard? He’s just ready to eat food and be charitable?  Hard cuts will do that.

That dude was knocking on the door to outdo nolf his freshman year, and going into ncaa’s a lot of people gave him a chance against a healthy deakin. 

To be fair - H. Hidlay is still competing, and I am sure his goal will still be to win it, it just seems a large portion of his focus is now to help his brother

I don't have any specific examples top-of-mind, but it seems like younger brothers regularly outperform older brothers in football. You often see college football coaches recruiting the older brother to improve their chances at landing the younger one. I attribute it to the younger one getting whupped up on from a young age and having to up their game earlier in life.

Younger siblings get into sports at an earlier age because of their older brothers and learn the skills and work ethic from them.  In every sport (or really any skill) there are more examples of the younger ones being more successful than the older ones. 

17 hours ago, klehner said:

Vito. (Older sibling Nick)

Edited by red blades

18 hours ago, klehner said:

15 minutes ago, red blades said:

Vito. (Older sibling Nick)

Maybe that's why Nick originally went to American! Didn't want to screw things up!

Other brothers that I can think of that I will let someone else rank:

Troy and Terry Steiner John and Ben Peterson, Jim and Bill Scherr, Ed and Lou Banach, Dave and Mark Schultz, Duane and Dennis Kozlowski