RED

Max Dean to Penn State?

May be a rumor, but seems pretty solid at this point.  If it's true, it's God awful on many levels.  Come express yourself over at:

Bigredbears.com

This heated topic needs to be discussed at home on the at home forum.  If you are not a member, sign up and you will be approved in no time.  This is a gonna be a whopper.

Edited by RED

8 minutes ago, matts1w said:

Best guess is the Ivy League's decision to shut it down left a bad taste in some people's mouths.

Couldn’t he have transfered last season when the Ivy League announced and then actually wrestled last year?

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

then why hasn't that been said by either dean?

I imagine if they would have said it, he would have started with “they said”, instead of “best guess”. Since they haven’t said, best guess is all he could provide...

1 hour ago, hammerlockthree said:

then why hasn't that been said by either dean?

At this point, we can only go off of Koll's explanation-according to him a combination of Dean worrying about the season being canceled and not liking the vaccine mandate.

Who is reporting this rumor?  Is it from OP? Is this a Mineo tweet?  Is this common knowledge among the Cornell crowd? I don't see anything on the forum that is linked other than a post saying that there is a rumor.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

2 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

At this point, we can only go off of Koll's explanation-according to him a combination of Dean worrying about the season being canceled and not liking the vaccine mandate.

Who is reporting this rumor?  Is it from OP? Is this a Mineo tweet?  Is this common knowledge among the Cornell crowd? I don't see anything on the forum that is linked other than a post saying that there is a rumor.  

Mineo has been alluding to it this week before tweeting it today 

2 minutes ago, flyingcement said:

Mineo has been alluding to it this week before tweeting it today 

Ah, so there's gotto be something to it. 

I wonder if the plan is Brooks to 197 and Dean at 184. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

54 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

The known is that Dean was on the PSU campus this week (yesterday?).  Everything else is speculation.

2 hours ago, Le duke said:

Why would Penn State want Max Dean?

with two cracks at it, he is a 2x all american and ncaa finalist, regardless of how much of a fluke that result was.  

2 hours ago, flyingcement said:

I agree but with Brooks the best of the bunch - any chance Brooks was intending on bumping to 197 anyway and Beard can't make 184

Why would Brooks bump up to 197?  He isn't a big 184.

The money would be better spent upgrading 157 and/or 165.  

Reminds me of the Conel transfer. Didn't PSU already have someone at 197 then too? I suspect Dean said to PSU "hey - mind if i transfer?" and PSU said "sure - knock yourself out", but didn't offer any money.

There were also some cryptic tweets from Gabe Dean suggesting issues they had with Cornell, but without saying what they were. Anything else is just speculation from Mineo trying to increase his twitter followers.