Jump to content
RED

Max Dean to Penn State?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, klehner said:

Still looking for that contradictory guidance.  Unless you are saying that the CDC contradicts the "guidance" from keyboard warriors.

Agree to disagree I guess.   I think saying "everyone should get this 95% effective vaccine!...but you should still wear a mask and social distance even after you get it" is contradictory.

Here's some reaction from the "MSM":

 

Here is CNN's medical analyst even:

 

 

There have also been many scientists speaking out about masks not being necessary outdoors particularly if social distancing - here's a couple examples:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/22/well/live/covid-masks-outdoors.html?surface=most-popular&fellback=false&req_id=85514859&algo=bandit-all-surfaces-uh-lastthisweek-alpha-03&variant=6_bandit-all-surfaces-uh-lastthisweek-alpha-03&pool=pool/91fcf81c-4fb0-49ff-bd57-a24647c85ea1&imp_id=852152344&action=click&module=Popular in The Times&pgtype=Homepage and https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1036

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

If you are sick or afraid, stay indoors.  

If you are healthy and unafraid, go out and live your life.  

I imagine there were more than a few guys that didn't want to leave the Higgins boats during the amphibious landings on D Day.  

Almost all did, however.

Back then, freedom meant a lot.

Back then responsibility to the country meant a lot - sacficing personal freedoms and in some cases a citizens' life.  The idea that civic responsbility is based on one's individual view that they are healthy and unfraid is exactly wrong.   The whole idea of vaccines and public health sacrifices is that even the healthy and unfraid participate for the good of the broader community.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drew87 said:

 

I’m quoting you both just bc you are both putting concerted thought into this.

So, to get this out if the way, COVID is bad.

The thing that I find most distressing about the situation is that the nation as a whole has not been able to get onside for something universally acknowledged as bad and undesirable.  There is mutual distrust in a way I certainly have never seen in my lifetime, and it is evident in the the way different parties regard the fabric of our nation, and in current discourse(though thankfully it continues in some places like, of all places, here).  This is not a new problem, however, and personally all I see on 99% of programming consists of divisive pieces meant to drive fear, because fear is a good business to be in.  Almost completely gone are the “love thy neighbor” messages of not too long ago.

Hate to say it, but our economy currently runs on fear as much as anything else, it is hands down the #1 marketing strategy used for anything and everything.

Completely agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cu155 said:

I'd say being asked to wear a mask to protect others is pretty minor as far as limitation of 'freedoms' goes.  The science is pretty clear.  Vaccines are not perfect but they work well in reducing serious illness.  Masks do prevent viral spread to some degree.  Yes, some groups are less at risk than other groups, however, those groups refusing to comply with really basic directives put a lot of other people at risk and the right thing to do would be to work together to get the situation under control, even if it means putting a mask on.  The faster we get the global population vaccinated the less likely we will be dealing with iterations of covid in years to come (though that ship has probably sailed).  Yes, guidance from the CDC has changed over time.  Partly this is due to politics unfortunately, partly this is due to a changing understanding of a 'novel' corona virus. 

A sizeable percentage of the population will never get the vaccine, and I don't blame them at all.  Their choice.

I did x 2, by the way.   

If you want to play it safe, get vaccinated and wear one or more masks...whatever makes you feel less edgy.

We've been wearing these masks for over a year now.  It's time to take them off and get to work.

Getting everyone back to work might save a few trillion along the way, too, although it will lessen the possibility of blue state bailout money.



 

Edited by TheOhioState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A sizeable percentage of the population will never get the vaccine, and I don't blame them at all.  Their choice.

I did x 2, by the way.   

If you want to play it safe, get vaccinated and wear one or more masks...whatever makes you feel less edgy.

We've been wearing these masks for over a year now.  It's time to take them off and get to work.

Getting everyone back to work might save a few trillion along the way, too, although it will lessen the possibility of blue state bailout money.
 


In the blue states’ defense, they contribute FAR more to the federal government than they get in return. Sure would be nice if all of those red states pulled their weight. Maybe they should raise taxes so they can pay for their own **** instead of being so federally reliant.

And, the longer people wait to get vaccinated, the longer this drags on. Watching what is going on in India right now, I’d suggest that people get their shots ASAP.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheOhioState said:

A sizeable percentage of the population will never get the vaccine, and I don't blame them at all.  Their choice.

I did x 2, by the way.   

If you want to play it safe, get vaccinated and wear one or more masks...whatever makes you feel less edgy.

We've been wearing these masks for over a year now.  It's time to take them off and get to work.

Getting everyone back to work might save a few trillion along the way, too, although it will lessen the possibility of blue state bailout money.



 

Good for you getting vaccinated, but here's the thing, if people weren't so self interested we would all be back to work with no masks on.  Instead people bumble around talking about personal freedoms, refuse to follow public health directives and here we are, still with significant daily death tolls.  Meanwhile, countries like Australia, New Zealand, China are back to normal life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cu155 said:

Good for you getting vaccinated, but here's the thing, if people weren't so self interested we would all be back to work with no masks on.  Instead people bumble around talking about personal freedoms, refuse to follow public health directives and here we are, still with significant daily death tolls.  Meanwhile, countries like Australia, New Zealand, China are back to normal life.

Total BS.  How many of the 500,000 + died  (inflated, for sure, but moving on...) wore masks?

The same number as you and I.

Don't quote China, by the way.  BS numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

Total BS.  How many of the 500,000 + died  (inflated, for sure, but moving on...) wore masks?

The same number as you and I.

Don't quote China, by the way.  BS numbers.

No one said that mask wearing was a 100% solution to the problem.  don't be daft.  Also, I live in Shanghai so I have a very good idea of what is actually happening on the ground in China.  You can dislike their government or their handling of the virus early on but there is absolutely no question that things are completely normal there now while we continue to bumble around here in the US because of people like you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le duke said:

 


In the blue states’ defense, they contribute FAR more to the federal government than they get in return. Sure would be nice if all of those red states pulled their weight. Maybe they should raise taxes so they can pay for their own **** instead of being so federally reliant.

And, the longer people wait to get vaccinated, the longer this drags on. Watching what is going on in India right now, I’d suggest that people get their shots ASAP.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

What are the blue states not getting in return?   Do they deserve bailouts for being so poorly managed?

The beautifully run California is a shining example.

We should be so thankful for their marvelous contributions to our country.  

Oregon, too.  Portland is a beacon of democracy.

Why do these wonderful blue states need bailout from Pelosi and company?  It staggers the imagination!





 

Edited by TheOhioState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elevator said:

Back then responsibility to the country meant a lot - sacficing personal freedoms and in some cases a citizens' life.  The idea that civic responsbility is based on one's individual view that they are healthy and unfraid is exactly wrong.   The whole idea of vaccines and public health sacrifices is that even the healthy and unfraid participate for the good of the broader community.  

No.  Masks for a year are enough. 

Again, people like you need to assume the fetal position and hide in your walk-in closet.  

Your mantra must be:  "When the government tells you to leave, then you may leave.'

No way you ever served in the military.

It's an adult world.  Live in it or quit.

Edited by TheOhioState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cu155 said:

No one said that mask wearing was a 100% solution to the problem.  don't be daft.  Also, I live in Shanghai so I have a very good idea of what is actually happening on the ground in China.  You can dislike their government or their handling of the virus early on but there is absolutely no question that things are completely normal there now while we continue to bumble around here in the US because of people like you.

You are living in a communist country with no access to unbiased news.  The human abuse in China is staggering.  Christians are abused.
Pollution is rampant, which is which the Paris Accords are a joke with China in participation.

It's worthless talking to you.  

Advice:  Get out.



 

Edited by TheOhioState

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

No.  Masks for a year are enough. 

Again, people like you need to assume the fetal position and hide in your walk-in closet.  

Your mantra must be:  "When the government tells you to leave, then you may leave.'

No way you ever served in the military.

It's an adult world.  Live in it or quit.

Funny.

It's kind of embarrassing talking to a FVEY partner at work and having to admit that US government can't get people to do simple things like wear masks.

Or traveling to Japan, and seeing that there has basically been no excess mortality there. People don't have to be told what to do; as you suggest, they are adults. The difference there is that you'll be publicly shamed for not giving a **** about your fellow countrymen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Le duke said:

Funny.

It's kind of embarrassing talking to a FVEY partner at work and having to admit that US government can't get people to do simple things like wear masks.

Or traveling to Japan, and seeing that there has basically been no excess mortality there. People don't have to be told what to do; as you suggest, they are adults. The difference there is that you'll be publicly shamed for not giving a **** about your fellow countrymen. 

You fool...people have been wearing masks for a F year.  

Quit being a cuck and stand up for yourself, for God's sake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

You fool...people have been wearing masks for a F year.  

Quit being a cuck and stand up for yourself, for God's sake.

Have they? I'd suggest that mask wearing has been patchy at best.

Why do I need to stand up for myself? I haven't been oppressed in the least. I wear a piece of cloth over my face for 8 hours a day, and I am very well compensated to do it. 

Edited by Le duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Le duke said:

Have they? I'd suggest that mask wearing has been patchy at best.

Why do I need to stand up for myself? I haven't been oppressed in the least. I wear a piece of cloth over my face for 8 hours a day, while I am very well compensated.

LOL.  Keep doing it.  Do it for the next 5 years.  Remember, you could be a carrier, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheOhioState said:

LOL.  Keep doing it.  Do it for the next 5 years.  Remember, you could be a carrier, too.

 

I really don't care at all. What about wearing a mask is so troubling to you that it elicits this kind of response? Are you Gym Jordan?

Seriously, I don't get it. Have you never experienced anything truly uncomfortable in your life, such that you think a MASK is a horrific burden?

Edited by Le duke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cu155 said:

No one said that mask wearing was a 100% solution to the problem.  don't be daft.  Also, I live in Shanghai so I have a very good idea of what is actually happening on the ground in China.  You can dislike their government or their handling of the virus early on but there is absolutely no question that things are completely normal there now while we continue to bumble around here in the US because of people like you.

Are you really blaming the course of a pandemic on someone (I’m fairly confident) you’ve never met based on their thoughts alone? 

To stop you before you start, I’ve lived in China for 7 years and will be again soon, because there are parts of it that are incredible, but jesus mary and joseph I would never ever invite the top to bottom systemic baggage you oh so quietly skated past into the United States.

Yes, China is “back to normal,” but I’m pretty sure that we don’t want to take everything that comes with that sort of normal.  Look around and marvel at the grass you can walk on; the tap water you can drink; the schools that, while very imperfect, actually teach critical thinking instead of brutalizing children from the age of 5-17; the ability to chose, at every level of government, who represents your voice, the fact that you have a voice...

You do realize that this entire forum is not allowed to exist in China currently correct? We would all be getting visits from “concerned neighbors” in short order for having this discussion in this fashion. Value your ability to disagree and dissent, you use it readily, but as you value it for yourself, value it for everyone.  You do realize that, if you found your way to this forum, you have a ton in common with everyone else here right?

“People like you” is a vile phrase.  That could actually be your neighbor, the person who you might need help from if your house caught fire, if you slipped and fell or got hit by a car.  Don’t say that, or things like it.  Those sorts of words are a verbal albatross around the collective neck of the country.

Edited by Drew87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...