Sign in to follow this  
Tripster

Cael and HWT

Thomas "hitman" Haines should be a very good heavyweight in a couple years. Bradley would be a nice pickup, but it's probably best he takes his mission now since there are a few guys currently in the room that have the potential to make some noise. Also, they are picking up another football player next season. Garth Lakitsky plans on walking on the football team and wrestling.

Cael didn't produce Zabriskie?

And, yes: Haines will be a monster at 285. He's really athletic for a middleweight. Freakishly athletic for a 220.

Zabriske had 2 AA finishes under Cael but a title under Jackson.

Somebody correct me if my memory fails me but I believe Jackson got the titles out of Reader, Zabriskie, and Varner. Cael may have been responsible for Varner's first title but I believe Jackson got Reader and Zabriskie the titles Cael never could.

Somebody correct me if my memory fails me but I believe Jackson got the titles out of Reader, Zabriskie, and Varner. Cael may have been responsible for Varner's first title but I believe Jackson got Reader and Zabriskie the titles Cael never could.

Zabriske and Varner won titles in 2010 which was Jackson's first year as ISU coach. Reader failed to place that year due to injury and won his title in 2011. You could make a case for him making a difference with Reader but I don't think you can say that necessarily for Zabriske and Varner who already had 4 years with Cael before Jackson came to ISU.

The question wasn't who produced a title. It was whether or not Cael produced a good Hwt. Zabriskie was a 2x AA under Cael.

And, yes, Haines is going to PSU.