1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Instead of complaining because you can't beat something, wrestle better. Simple solution, really. 

Lol. Not as much of a sniveling Little cop out as normal. You’re improving. Yet it’s funny to see what your “perspective” on high level wrestling tells. 

and I’m not really complaining. I’m stating what it is. It’s stalling. That’s what it is. It’s what I coach kids to do in the tiebreakers. And we’ve had success with it… but you what.. my kid won the match.. by stalling… dun dun duuunnnn

13 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

You Iowa fans want anything your wrestlers can't defeat to be called stalling. Literally anything. It gets tiring, and boring. 

I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees!

Riding the coat tails of aggression and dominance since left to fable from the old stories of a man named Gable
Dominance long since forgotten
Kept alive only by the sight of twin coaches foaming at the mouths 
Screaming for stalling as their own athletes beat a hasty retreat
Hesitant with shots as though it were russian roulette, not the patented pressure of the previous millenium that would please Patton himself
Such performances only gain favor in the land of Carver
And are met with only uproarious boohooing when a referee
Seeing no shots taken by the men in black
Did not raise a hand with a fist at the visitor
Who in fact was not lesser but the aggressor
Marching forward across a mat of black and gold, seemingly putting the Iowa back on the Hawk in front of him
In a fashion beyond the realm imagination
But alas the hawkfans hoo-hooing and poo-pooing
And some good ol’ hometown cooking meant that all his effort was simply deemed...
”continuation”

Lol. Not as much of a sniveling Little cop out as normal. You’re improving. Yet it’s funny to see what your “perspective” on high level wrestling tells. 

and I’m not really complaining. I’m stating what it is. It’s stalling. That’s what it is. It’s what I coach kids to do in the tiebreakers. And we’ve had success with it… but you what.. my kid won the match.. by stalling… dun dun duuunnnn

If something is never called stalling, then it’s not stalling. Stalling is what the refs will call.

1 hour ago, IronChef said:

If something is never called stalling, then it’s not stalling. Stalling is what the refs will call.

Prevention of wrestling action from occurring is stalling. Refs may or may not call it but it is. 

And I say that who has coached athletes to situationally use that hold

5 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Nubbing an ankle is not stalling in and of itself.   When the action is moving all over the mat, it is easy for top to look like he is actively trying to break him down.  Most of the time he actually is doing that.   Onus is on bottom to get up.

I’m referring to when they’re in the center and top is doing nothing but pinch the leg. 

2 hours ago, jp157 said:

Prevention of wrestling action from occurring is stalling. Refs may or may not call it but it is. 

And I say that who has coached athletes to situationally use that hold

Top man needs to do a lot more than what you call "pinch the ankle" to prevent the bottom man from escaping. Stop begging for stall calls and have your guys work harder, or smarter. Anything, just stop begging. It is unbecoming. 

Edited by TBar1977

59 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Top man needs to do a lot more than what you call "pinch the ankle" to prevent the bottom man from escaping. Stop begging for stall calls and have your guys work harder, or smarter. Anything, just stop begging. It is unbecoming. 

Again dumbo. Not my guys. Get that through your parochial minded yokel head. I didn’t go to Iowa. (Or Harvard lol). For someone whose bragged about looking at things as they really are.. you’re being pretty deliberately is obtuse. 

I’m criticizing you for not being open and honest about what the tactic is.. which is stalling. And… it’s boring. Apparently Frank honesty only matters to you when it’s not your personal responsibility or side involved. 

I’m not begging for anything. I’m criticizing your hypocrisy.

Though I’m sure you know more than the multiple college coaches I’ve seen and heard say that hold is stalling..before Carter Starocci was ever out of middle school. And not about Penn State wrestlers. 

And if I was going be just abe anti PSU… I’d say something like “thank god Zain isn’t repping us… we may actually have chance to qualify weight..”

but eh, Zain is metcalf 2.0 internationally. One should be surprised by his results if he can’t gameplay for weeks. Liking or not liking PSU has nothing to do with that.

Edited by jp157
Grammar