klehner

Nick Suriano in the NYTimes

An Olympic Dream Dashed by a Nasal Swab

He said he tested negative on the Sunday before the trials, then trained and traveled to Texas the next day. He tested positive that evening. A second test confirmed the result.

By the weekend, when his rivals were wrestling for places on the Olympic team, Suriano said he was experiencing symptoms of Covid-19. Once his health returned and doctors cleared him to travel, he returned to New Jersey.

He has not decided if he will try to qualify for the Paris Olympics in 2024. There is little money in wrestling, and there are no guarantees. He could get injured. A better wrestler might come along.

“It hurts and it alters you,” Suriano said of the experience. “I think there is a lot of beauty ahead. That is just what comes with pain.”

4 hours ago, klehner said:

When you read it super quickly, I read the Title of the Article to be "An Olympic Dream Dashed", and the author was "By Nasal Swab".  

I'm sure, there's someone, named Nasal Swab, somewhere in the world... LOL... means completely something different in different cultures and langauges, but there HAS to be someone named that... LOL!

I really really hope our Olympians get themselves vaccinated soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know they haven’t been?

When you read it super quickly, I read the Title of the Article to be "An Olympic Dream Dashed", and the author was "By Nasal Swab".  
I'm sure, there's someone, named Nasal Swab, somewhere in the world... LOL... means completely something different in different cultures and langauges, but there HAS to be someone named that... LOL!

Doug Schwab could... Nah, his wife wouldn’t let him.

6 hours ago, Crash said:

How do you know they haven’t been?

No clue either way, just would hate to see another Olympic Dream Ended article written by N. Swab on here as we move towards Tokyo.

Edited by GoNotQuietly
dumbness

1 hour ago, GoNotQuietly said:

No clue either way, just would hate to see another Olympic Dream Ended article written by N. Swab on here as we move towards Rio.

I would hate to see an Olympic dream ended because an athlete flew to Rio (instead of, say, Tokyo, where the games are being held).   :)

https://mymmanews.com/olympics-release-wrestling-schedule-for-2021-olympic-games/

3 hours ago, treep2000 said:

I thought the same thing!

4 hours ago, dmm53 said:

I would hate to see an Olympic dream ended because an athlete flew to Rio (instead of, say, Tokyo, where the games are being held).   :)

https://mymmanews.com/olympics-release-wrestling-schedule-for-2021-olympic-games/

Haha I had a "Road to Rio" shirt on today and just reverted back to 2016, apparently.