Sign in to follow this  
Bronco

Former Cal Poly wrestler funds CS Bakersfield wrestling with $125,000

Awesome news!  Hope to continue to see support thrown to our remaining programs on the west coast.

Another question, what is the sign they are making in the photo?  Is that a roadrunner hand gesture?  I wouldn't be surprised if that gets misconstrued as something else, as that symbol seems to have different meaning these days.

1 hour ago, OR said:

Awesome news!  Hope to continue to see support thrown to our remaining programs on the west coast.

Another question, what is the sign they are making in the photo?  Is that a roadrunner hand gesture?  I wouldn't be surprised if that gets misconstrued as something else, as that symbol seems to have different meaning these days.

Its the rare 3 finger braking technique used by Valentino Rossi.  I use it as well.  They must be sport bike riders

1 hour ago, OR said:

beak and feathers for a roadrunner head. 

I wrestled a Varner from Bakersfield in 2000. I assumed--after Jake went to college--that they were brothers. I met Jake's dad (Steve, and not this donor) in Vegas a few years ago.

"I wrestled your other son," I said. 

"I don't have another son," he said. 

23 hours ago, OR said:

Sadly you are so very right about that.

18 hours ago, Obelix said:

I wrestled a Varner from Bakersfield in 2000. I assumed--after Jake went to college--that they were brothers. I met Jake's dad (Steve, and not this donor) in Vegas a few years ago.

Now i'm just confused.  There are actually multiple unrelated college-wrestling Varners from Bakersfield? 

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

I'm guessing that they're still related, but the donors aren't his parents, and the guy I wrestled is not his brother. 

Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son
She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son

On 5/5/2021 at 6:59 AM, Obelix said:

Andy Varner?

(former CSUB wrestler, HC at Bakersfield HS & Jake's cousin)