Swayz

Jim Zalesky to Jamestown (NAIA)

On 5/21/2021 at 12:30 PM, OR said:

What school districts?  I am not super familiar with Texas.  I looked at Austin school district and it looks like they start at 51K.  That isn't bad at all, but it isn't 60.  

Many districts in Oregon start out right around 50K also.

Yeah if you're looking at Austin proper then you won't make as much and it is really expensive. Southwest of Austin about an hour is Dripping Springs and they pay quite well as 75% of their teachers are averaging in the $90,000 range. 

In the Katy area (down by Houston) they pay a newbie $55K-$60K 

Edited by TexRef
Updated

On 5/22/2021 at 4:04 PM, TexRef said:

Yeah if you're looking at Austin proper then you won't make as much and it is really expensive. Southwest of Austin about an hour is Dripping Springs and they pay quite well as 75% of their teachers are averaging in the $90,000 range. 

In the Katy area (down by Houston) they pay a newbie $55K-$60K 

Got it, thank you TexRef I appreciate the info.

I have a buddy that Coached ms Football,  hs wrestling,  hs tennis,  with his teaching salary as well,  he makes around 80k  a year in an area that is high poverty.  Stick around in the school districts long enough they will pay off your student loans and load you up on coaching.  makes about 24k just on coaching.