3 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

'It's not out of spite.  It's not out of vengeance.  It's out of spite AND vengeance.'

Reader warning and caution going forward - the above is not a quote from the article. Nhs67 is playing fast and loose with things to be amusing. 

But - it is similar to other wording and I get the joke.  His language implies he wants to destroy the people that did this to him ... but ... no ... he wants to destroy other wrestlers.  Confusing a bit.  So will take out his (anger?) on wrestlers.  The language is fiery but I think the meaning is that HE has a fire lit to show the world how good he is.  

Frankly - as a fan - I’m excited to see him really turn it on and try to ‘destroy’ wrestlers.  

6 minutes ago, nom said:

Reader warning and caution going forward - the above is not a quote from the article. Nhs67 is playing fast and loose with things to be amusing. 

But - it is similar to other wording and I get the joke.  His language implies he wants to destroy the people that did this to him ... but ... no ... he wants to destroy other wrestlers.  Confusing a bit.  So will take out his (anger?) on wrestlers.  The language is fiery but I think the meaning is that HE has a fire lit to show the world how good he is.  

Frankly - as a fan - I’m excited to see him really turn it on and try to ‘destroy’ wrestlers.  

Correct, although the "It's not out of spite.  It's not out of vengeance." part is directly taken from:

“I’m here to destroy people’s lives now,” Cox said he told Zadick. “I’m here to take people out. I’m here to tear up the world. It’s not out of spite. It’s not out of vengeance. It’s just what will be. It’s to prove to everyone what I’ve known and to prove and show what’s been shown in the last two years, that I’m the best wrestler in the world."

If it wasn't know that Cox is just genuinely a great guy, one of the best, one might read this as verbacious.  I can't wait to see him go with the fire that is fueling him now.  Rules and regulations are there, and he didn't make weight in accordance to them.  Now we get to see a vindictive Cox.  That sounds lethal.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

If it wasn't know that Cox is just genuinely a great guy, one of the best, one might read this as verbacious.  I can't wait to see him go with the fire that is fueling him now.  Rules and regulations are there, and he didn't make weight in accordance to them.  Now we get to see a vindictive Cox.  That sounds lethal.

Exactly what I was thinking when watching the podcast.  This is a different kind of cat, talking in a different kind of way than we've ever heard him talk.  And he's proven he can pretty much set his mind to something and.....

Yikes.

Spite, vengeance, wrath of God, man Cox is really going to be taking it to …..well….himself on this one.  Maybe he can exact some of the energy he has left out on his watch, diet, and/or weight scale too.   No need to make those comments towards the rest of the world competition when they did not have any bearing on what transpired. 

Edited by MadMardigain

I'm probably reaching on this one, and don't know if it would be possible schedule-wise, but it would be really cool if Flo could set up a Cox vs Sadulaev card, ideally before J'den makes his descent to 92.

Don't know if the Russian federation would allow this, or if Sadulaev would even be interested but it would be a nice tune-up match for Sadulaev before his Olympic run.   

1 hour ago, 2td3nf said:

I'm probably reaching on this one, and don't know if it would be possible schedule-wise, but it would be really cool if Flo could set up a Cox vs Sadulaev card, ideally before J'den makes his descent to 92.

Don't know if the Russian federation would allow this, or if Sadulaev would even be interested but it would be a nice tune-up match for Sadulaev before his Olympic run.   

Would there be a weigh-in?  What would the weight be?

10 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Would there be a weigh-in?  What would the weight be?

97kg? Or whatever weight Cox and Sadulaev agree upon (if they want a weigh-in). Pretty sure they are friends and they communicate with each other.

While we're at it, can we throw in Burroughs vs a Russian on the same card too?   :D

Have Cox-Sadulaev be openweight.  Whatever they show up as they wrestle.  Just have to be under 125kg (which they will be).

The same with JB and whatever theoretical Russian you're calling for here.  If they're both 74kg guys, let them come in at whatever.  Just make sure they're under 86kg (which they should be).

C'mon people,, we're at almost a full page here which could have been added to the bigger thread to help with the 100 page goal.  :)

Seriously, thanks for posting. He did the only thing he could do.  I didn't find the wrath of God quotes interesting but the stuff about KJ was -- particularly his unconditional support.  I'm mostly impressed with his loyalty and focus and not scapegoating, but I worry that the lack of attention to detail by a coach can carry over to lots of aspects of his supervision of the wrestler. 

5 hours ago, drag it said:

and not scapegoating

What? Just about the only consistent thing in this whole story is Cox blaming Jackson for telling him the wrong time. Has Cox ever come out and said that he takes responsibility for his own actions and should have known when to weigh in? Perhaps that will come later now that there is no appeal, since taking responsibility would have undermined the basis of his appeal. 

9 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

You're doing a lot more than reaching; you're dreaming, or hallucinating. The most surprising thing is that there are other comments here from people who seem to think that this is a feasible and reasonable proposition.

FLO: "Hey, Abdulrashid, we have a plan to set up a 'tune-up match' for you before the Olympics, which we know you see as the most important competition for you in four (five) years. You fly over here to the US some time before July and we'll have a match with you against J-den Cox. Just look at the tremendous upside for you. In a match like this, where you would have to wrestle 110% because J'den surely would bring everything he has, you could easily get injured and miss the Olympics. A win for you would be seen as expected, as you are widely considered the P4P best in the world, so don't expect congratulations. A loss for you, against the guy who didn't even make the US team because he missed weight, would be an eternal black mark on your record, and could have psychological ramifications that could derail your Olympic bid. In addition, it would totally throw off your well-planned training schedule in the run-up to the Olympic Games.  The two time zone changes a few months before the Olympic Games would be great for you. Let's do it!"

Russian Coaches: "Yeah, Sadulaev, go for it! A 'tune-up match' like this is certainly more important than the Olympics, especially if it's promoted by FLO!"

Huge Cox fan. Not a fan of the literally holier than thou attitude. Insinuating that something was taken from him by saying he’s going to take back what’s rightfully his while acknowledging the decision was a fair one doesn’t sit well with me. Too much drama queen. Can’t wait to see him back his words up though. 

16 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Huge Cox fan. Not a fan of the literally holier than thou attitude. Insinuating that something was taken from him by saying he’s going to take back what’s rightfully his while acknowledging the decision was a fair one doesn’t sit well with me. Too much drama queen. Can’t wait to see him back his words up though. 

Agreed.  The little snarky jab at the end seems a little "villainous", and less wholesome and thoughtful than the J'den we've all grow to love.  Win 92kg then... Come back, have some fun with 97kg... And let's see "what's meant to be"...