23 minutes ago, IronChef said:

I understand the idea of manufacturing outside motivation, but it really didn't sound like that. Here is a cleaned-up transcript of what I was talking about.

"The treatment afterwards, that was a problem for me. I'm a person that if you're in my circle, you're ride or die. If you're in my tight knit circle, you're a person I would jump in front of a bullet for.

To have people who claimed to be that, and to have an organization that preached the way that they were, and then when it came time to showcase that we were above the outside world, we were brothers, we were people who fought together, trained together. It was us against the world. That claimed to have your best intentions literally and physically turn their backs.

It didn't get showed to me. Everything you preached to me didn't show. And now, it's like, I'm going to make them all pay."

Bader then immediately changed the subject instead of asking a single follow up question.

Here are some quotes he gave on the Tiger Style Report podcast then transcribed in the Columbia Daily Tribune (emphasis mine)
https://www.columbiatribune.com/story/sports/2021/05/05/wrestling-jden-cox-looking-ahead-after-usa-olympic-trials-fiasco-tokyo-kevin-jackson-kyle-snyder/4940575001/

"I don't think I could have taken it any better. My only issue when it came to what happened at the trials was there were people who in the light of things, when things were all good, turned their backs, literally. I remember, especially, people within the USA Wrestling organization that I would try to talk to. ... I compartmentalize things. Wrestling politics was wrestling politics. And I can compartmentalize wrestling politics away from our friendship or bond.

But in that moment, when I'm coming in and I'm trying to chop it up and whatnot, and literally, you look at me in disgust and you walk away? Now it's personal. Now it's a problem. Now it's an issue. I've had talks with people that at that moment in time, when it came time for you to showcase everything that I was told and been preached to for the last four, five years about what that (USA Wrestling) emblem represents, in the moment when it came time for that to be shown, it wasn't.

And so that's where my issue came into play. Not wrestling, it's sucks. It's a disappointment. But also at the same time, I've never defined myself as a wrestler. And that was a sucky situation. I'm still going to grow, I'm still going to be myself. And I'm going to carry myself a certain way. But when it came down to how you treated me as a person, well, now that's something I can't forget."

This is a guy who is talking about specific people.

Wow, can anyone get him to clarify what he is saying?  No follow up questions?  

14 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Total speculation: 

Cox's legal argument to get a chance to wrestle was that a USA Wrestling employee told him weigh in started at 8:00, thus USA Wrestling can't enforce the 8:00 cutoff.   

I would assume that Cox's lawyers tried to establish that KJ had authority to speak for USA Wrestling.  I would guess USAW, for obvious reasons, wouldn't agree that was true and probably ordered people to not talk to Cox and his people outside of official legal channels.

That could be a scenario that would have caused him to feel shut out and treated like less than a valued multi-time member of the U.S. team.

I hadn't heard the interview,  but reading that transcript, he sounds like a guy that believes the relationships that once existed between him and USAW aren't going to be mended any time soon. Is he mad enough to seek dual citizenship somewhere and try to "make them pay" going that route? 

**Disclaimer...I have no evidence this has even entered his mind. He just seems pretty pissed at people within the organization. Just wondering how pissed.

57 minutes ago, jchapman said:

It was a bizarre section of the interview.

Cox: "I'm going to make them all pay."
Three second pause
Bader: "So I think you said Poland and Yasar Dogu, are you set on doing 92?"

23 hours ago, IronChef said:

I understand the idea of manufacturing outside motivation, but it really didn't sound like that. Here is a cleaned-up transcript of what I was talking about.

"The treatment afterwards, that was a problem for me. I'm a person that if you're in my circle, you're ride or die. If you're in my tight knit circle, you're a person I would jump in front of a bullet for.

To have people who claimed to be that, and to have an organization that preached the way that they were, and then when it came time to showcase that we were above the outside world, we were brothers, we were people who fought together, trained together. It was us against the world. That claimed to have your best intentions literally and physically turn their backs.

It didn't get showed to me. Everything you preached to me didn't show. And now, it's like, I'm going to make them all pay."

Bader then immediately changed the subject instead of asking a single follow up question.

Here are some quotes he gave on the Tiger Style Report podcast then transcribed in the Columbia Daily Tribune (emphasis mine)
https://www.columbiatribune.com/story/sports/2021/05/05/wrestling-jden-cox-looking-ahead-after-usa-olympic-trials-fiasco-tokyo-kevin-jackson-kyle-snyder/4940575001/

"I don't think I could have taken it any better. My only issue when it came to what happened at the trials was there were people who in the light of things, when things were all good, turned their backs, literally. I remember, especially, people within the USA Wrestling organization that I would try to talk to. ... I compartmentalize things. Wrestling politics was wrestling politics. And I can compartmentalize wrestling politics away from our friendship or bond.

But in that moment, when I'm coming in and I'm trying to chop it up and whatnot, and literally, you look at me in disgust and you walk away? Now it's personal. Now it's a problem. Now it's an issue. I've had talks with people that at that moment in time, when it came time for you to showcase everything that I was told and been preached to for the last four, five years about what that (USA Wrestling) emblem represents, in the moment when it came time for that to be shown, it wasn't.

And so that's where my issue came into play. Not wrestling, it's sucks. It's a disappointment. But also at the same time, I've never defined myself as a wrestler. And that was a sucky situation. I'm still going to grow, I'm still going to be myself. And I'm going to carry myself a certain way. But when it came down to how you treated me as a person, well, now that's something I can't forget."

This is a guy who is talking about specific people.

I haven’t listened to the Bader one, but I listened to the Tiger Style one.  I thought some of those quotes above weren’t even really in reference to supporting his argument or anything like that, but that he was literally just trying to talk to make conversation and they walked away from him.

18 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

does anyone have YouTube link to interview where Cox mentioned some sort of revenge or something for how it was handled?

Not trying to be a jerk here, but do you realize you could have typed ‘j’den Cox interview’ in google, you would have had a link instantly, instead of taking the time two type in two different threads asking someone to search the link for you? 

Don't jump to conclusions. Doing so does make you seem like a jerk.  

I have searched for it on YouTube and nothing came back.  I Google it and I only saw one link that was behind flowrestling paywall.  I do not subscribe to Flo.  

Your theory about me being too lazy to look is out of line. 

1 hour ago, shieldofpistis said:

I have searched for it on YouTube and nothing came back.  I Google it and I only saw one link that was behind flowrestling paywall.  I do not subscribe to Flo.  

Interesting

On 5/1/2021 at 11:15 PM, XiXiTiger said:

Here’s J’dens perspective of the events. Hopefully I linked it right, but if not, check out the most recent tiger style podcast. Sounds like he’s given up the protest and going down to 92kg for worlds, then back up next year.

2 hours ago, shieldofpistis said:

Above is the link to the Tiger Style one from the J’Den Cox misses weight thread (it’s on Facebook) where I believe he first made some of those comments.

His Bader interview is on Youtube but haven’t listened to all of that one yet so not sure what all he said in this one.

5 hours ago, 1032004 said:

Above is the link to the Tiger Style one from the J’Den Cox misses weight thread (it’s on Facebook) where I believe he first made some of those comments.

His Bader interview is on Youtube but haven’t listened to all of that one yet so not sure what all he said in this one.

Thank you very much